One

Perfect Life

You may say Jungkook has the most perfect life. Good family, career and also, he is the youngest owner of biggest game company in South Korea. Words can’t describe how proud he is for what he has achieved now. Everything not given to him on silver plate. He works hard to achieve everything, struggling alone without parents watching over him as he growth. Jungkook proud of what he is right now, it hard at first but it worth it.

 

Mentioning of family, well he is married man. He married to the love of his life that he met 6 years ago during their university days, Kim Seokjin. Seokjin is such a sweet heart. Even he is older than Jungkook but Jungkook love to spoil him. Shower him with love, with everything he had. Seokjin always be there for him, even at his lowest time. During the time he just want to start his own company, his first office in their shared small apartment back then, Seokjin always be there, listening to his rant, his frustration, massaging his tensed shoulder, cover him with blanket when he was sleeping while working at his desk.

 

Miracle happened when last year Seokjin was pregnant with their son, Taehyung. Jungkook was the happiest the moment Taehyung small eyes looking at him. He promises to himself that he will take care of them until his last breath. His two favourites people in the world. He won’t trade them for anything. He won’t left them like his parents did. Never once he will think of that. He would rather die.

 

He didn’t let Seokjin go to work, so in return he let him open his own bakery after Seokjin keep complaining at him that he bored and Jungkook won’t let him do anything. They got maid to do the house core, sometimes Seokjin will silently cook for him, something that he loves to do since back then. Taehyung is still small and really attached to his mom. So, wherever Seokjin go, he wouldn’t leave him.

 

Jungkook once frowning because Taehyung keep Seokjin busy with him and didn’t pay any attention to him. That little monster doesn’t want share with him, Seokjin just laugh at him and playfully kiss him on cheek. Taehyung pull on his shirt, hold up his little arms, Jungkook take him to his embrace. Showered him with his kisses, left him laugh loudly.

 

He hopes Taehyung will grow up full of love from his parents, not like him. He didn’t even know his parents face. H wouldn’t let that happened to him. Taehyung deserve everything in this world.

 

***

 

Jungkook finished his job that day, clock showed 3pm, it still early, but he has appointment with his psychiatrist. It is not that he is crazy or something but he keeps on getting weird dream since they involve in accident 2 months ago. He rejected it at first but Seokjin told him that maybe it might help him, since he barely had sleep at night. The dream hunts him and leave him in cold sweat at night.

 

He is lucky Seokjin is beside him, hug him tight as he calmed him down. Jungkook is afraid, afraid that he will lost him. The dream is really bad, so bad it ached him heart, losing his breath.

 

Almost every night, he dreams of Seokjin and Taehyung left him alone in middle of desert, without anything. They smile at him and slowly fading with hush of wind, he can barely open his eyes. His view keeps on blocked by the sand. Jungkook scream for them to come back but they only smile at him. Woke up in cold sweat, Jungkook pull Jin towards him, hug him tightly, with muffled words, he keeps on say don’t leave him, he loves Seokjin and Taehyung so much.

 

Dr Park welcoming his patient to his room, he let Jungkook lay on the designated couch, get into position that comfort him. They start their session that day by him ask him about his day and anything special happened from their last session. Jungkook reply with almost the same answer, Dr Park scribble on his note, nods as he let him speak through out the session.

 

Dr Park asked about his family, Jungkook answered it with smile on his face. He said Seokjin always be there when he having a bad dream every night, comfort him back to sleep. Dr Park smile as he agreed that Seokjin do the best thing to him. This will take time, Jungkook would eventually be okay. He would forget the bad dream that keep on hunting him every night.

 

Dr Park prescribe him some pills that will help him feel calm. Jungkook sometimes want to told him that those medicine didn’t work much on him but if he is not willing to do this, to heal himself, he will burden his family, he didn’t want to do that.

 

Jungkook walk to his car when sudden image flash inside his head, make him grab his head in instant. It ached him, increase his heart beat each second as he tries to catch his breath. He can see bright light and sound of tyre screech on road. Jungkook get inside his car, immediately take his medicine, let himself calm down.

 

He never saw that, this is the first time he gets all those images. It flashed fast in his mind, hurt his head. Jungkook close his eyes as he can finally calms down. He is still on parking lot, he won’t start drive until his breathing get back to normal. He can’t risk his life over reckless behaviour.

 

Seokjin and Taehyung waiting for him at home, he can’t wait to see them.

 

***

 

“How is he?”

 

“The progress is slow but I can see sometimes he rejected the reality. He still has them in his mind. He will be fine, everything will be okay. What can I suggest to you is, you can try bring him to that place. Try to look at his reaction”.

 

“I miss him”

 

“I know, aside from your help, I appreciate that his willingness to come here. He will be okay. I will do my best”

 

“Thank you, Jimin-ah”

 

***

 

Seokjin woke him up early that day, he grumbles in his sleep before little legs decide to jump on him. Jungkook catch him as he tickles the little boy. Seokjin laugh at him before mentioning that his older is here, he already waiting for him down stair.

 

Jungkook look at him weirdly, Seokjin and Taehyung already in their nice clothes, Seokjin told him that they are going out to meet his friends. They will be back on 6pm. Seokjin softly plant a kiss on his forehead, Jungkook kiss him back and not forgetting showering little Tae with kisses.

 

He goes to the bathroom for morning routine before meet his brother. Hoseok smile brightly at him. He is free that day, so he invites Jungkook to hang out with him since they didn’t spend much time together. Hoseok is friend from orphanage, they are so close like siblings. Jungkook thought of him as his own older brother. Hoseok live in oversea but sometime he will be back home and they will hang out together. His dance academy already expanding, Hoseok is a busy man but he got his boyfriend to help him.

 

Hoseok wait for Jungkook to change his clothes while walking around his house. He took a photo frame from the desk, a happy family smile brightly to the camera. Jungkook, Seokjin and their little Taehyung. He put it back slowly, hearing foot steps behind as Jungkook approach him.

 

The drive filled with laughter, as Hoseok tell him about his life in oversea, how his dance academy progressing. Jungkook proud of his brother, they once join competition back then when they still kids, Hoseok is a dance genius. He can learn dance in just 10 minutes while it took him by 4 hours to fully understand.

 

His boyfriend is a producer, sometimes Hoseok would help him produce music together. They are such a perfect couple. Each one completed each other. He wants to be like that, he wants to complete Seokjin just like Seokjin completed his life.

 

Hoseok stop his car at the roadside, leave him in confusion. He asked him to follow him out as they walk towards the boarder that blocked the road and the cliff. That place somehow look familiar, Jungkook watch the sea below him. Something clicked in his head.

 

Hoseok ask him something but the sudden intrusion in his head, blocked his hearing, the image of the bright flash trough his mind again, Jungkook closed his eyes tightly. He can hear voices, screams and cries. All come to his head in once before black took over him.

 

***

 

Jungkook sing along with the song in the radio, his soothed voice filled the car. Seokjin smile softly at him. They are going back to their home from vacation. Seokjin suggested it since Jungkook barely had time to rest and only focusing to his job.

 

He admits it since his company already expanding big, his responsibility become bigger. He got so many people under him to be care of. Lucky for him that Seokjin is understanding over his work, he always supports him. Vacation for few days from work was good for him. He got to spend his time with his family and time for him to get enough rest.

 

Moreover, Seokjin surprised him with a good new. He is expecting their second child. Jungkook swear he just scream his lungs out, before engulf Seokjin in his embrace, showering him with kisses. Taehyung look at his dad weirdly, one, he just surprising him with his scream and now he hugging and kissing his mom. Jungkook take him, spinning around while singing he will be a brother soon.

 

Jungkook focusing on road while his thumb caressing Seokjin’s hand, bring it to his lips and kiss it.

 

It almost dark on the road, rain start to pour, Jungkook needs to be careful since he brings 3 lives with him. He didn’t want anything happened to them.

 

Somehow, the slippery road caused the car from the other side entering his lane, Jungkook try his best controlling his car, he manages to avoid it but a truck behind the car goes straight to him, hit his car, push it fast till his car fall from the cliff. The last thing he remember is Seokjin sad smile before he lost his consciousness.

 

***

 

Jungkook open his eyes slowly, he can hear Hoseok calling for him. The first he asks is, where is his family. How are Seokjin and Taehyung. Hoseok crying eyes didn’t help him as he run around the hospital looking for Seokjin and Taehyung. Hoseok run after him, he needs him to calm down first, he will told him where are they.

 

Jungkook is confuse, he tries to call Seokjin but it directs him to his voicemail.

 

The drive makes him uncomfortable, for some reasons Jungkook didn’t feel right. He just meets Seokjin and Taehyung yesterday and even Hoseok met them too, what in the world is going on right now. Why Hoseok refuse to answer him and why he can’t contact Seokjin.

 

They stopped at the memorial park, Jungkook refuse to go out, because this can’t be happening. Everything is fine before, what happen now. With heavy heart he steps out, following Hoseok, his eyes look around afraid that what he fears the most is really happening.

 

He looks over to where Hoseok stop, his heart dropped. His eyes sting with tears, he can’t believe what he sees in front of him. Jungkook drops on his knees, crying hard. Hoseok hug his little brother, keep on apologize. He knows someday he will remember, he will know everything that he had these past 2 months was just his imagination. Reality hurt him, hurt him so bad.

 

Jungkook had his mind blocked over the harsh reality. He still wants to believe Seokjin and Taehyung is still around him but they are not. Hoseok can’t bear another day watch his brother as he keeps on talking alone. Convincing everyone that Seokjin and Taehyung are home waiting for him every day.

 

Jungkook love them so bad, he nearly kills himself when he first opened his eyes and they told him, they can’t save both of them. Jungkook can’t accept it, his guilt killing him inside, he murdered them, with his reckless drive. He didn’t want to believe it. He keeps it in his mind, they are still alive.

 

Walking inside his house, Jungkook feels cold around him, no more Seokjin warm hug, Taehyung cute laugh, how he misses them so much. Hoseok is staying with him that night. He declined it at first but Hoseok insisted it since he don’t Jungkook to do anything bad.

 

That night, he can hear someone whispering his name, Jungkook open his eyes slowly. He can see Seokjin frowning at him, he asks him why. Seokjin didn’t look happy.

 

Jungkook-ah, my love. I tried so many times to tell you about this. I want you to be happy. Please stop torturing yourself. You are not at fault, we were not meant to be together for a long time.

 

“But I can’t live without you and Taehyung. I would rather die,” Jungkook start to cry.

 

Don’t say it like that, we will meet again. Please, don’t mourning over us for too long. You will get sick, I don’t like it when you get sick. Don’t worry about us, we are doing fine, Taehyung, baby and I will wait for you till the time come.

 

“I’m sorry, Seokjin. I will try my best to be happy, I will make you proud”.

 

That’s Jungkook that I know. My hardworking husband that I love. Good bye, my love. Till the time come, we will be together again. I love you.

 

“Good bye, Seokjin. I love you guys so much” Jungkook watch as Seokjin slowly fade.

 

***

 

5 years later….

 

Jungkook place the flower slowly, smiling at the photo of Seokjin and Taehyung.

 

“Hi my angels, how are you guys doing? I’m sorry that I late for our anniversary. Work is but I just want to let you know that, I just opened another branch in Japan. The business getting good response from everyone. Oh, by the way, this is Park Jimin, before I let everyone know, I just want to let you know first, we are getting married next month. Thanks for everything angels, please give us your blessing. I love you guys”.

 

Jungkook smile at his fiancé, he finally moving on. It is not that he is forgetting them, but he needs to continue his life just like what Seokjin want him too.