Vulnerable 4

Sick

Wendy jolted awake when she felt the hand in hers move. Her eyes landed on the girl sleeping peacefully infront of her and a smile crept up her lips. She placed the back of her hand on the oldest's forehead and it definitely felt less warm than before. Rinsing the towel in the pail, she gently wiped away the remnants of sweat collected on Joohyun's neck and arms since last night. 

 

Seulgi awoke from the movements and sat up to check on Joohyun too. Taking the thermometer from the bedside table, she inserted into Joohyun's ear and sighed in relief when the moniter showed "38 degrees". She smiled widely at Wendy who nodded back enthusiastically as well, both feeling a sense of satisfaction that their "treatment" worked and an even greater sense of relief that they don't have to bring their precious unnie to the hospital. 

 

"I think we should change her clothes and pillow case Seul, they are completely soaked from yesterday".

 

"Okay! I'll go get her some new clothes and bedsheets then, you can wake her up for abit to feed her the medicine first."

 

Seulgi hopped down from the bed without waiting for a reply and went straight to their dressing room. Wendy shook her head and began to lightly shake Joohyun's shoulder, hoping that she will wake up from that. Sure enough, Joohyun opened her heavy lids gradually and stared straight at Wendy.

 

"Wan-ah, w-what happened?" The leader's voice was raspy and low.

 

"You had a high fever and passed out, but don't worry unnie. The fever has gone down quite abit and you'll be better in no time!" Wendy chirped happily while sweeping some loose baby hair away from Joohyun's face. 

 

Seemingly still exhausted from the night, Joohyun nodded sleepily at Wendy's reply, feeling her head lolling slightly to the side. 

 

"Uh-uh unnie, you need to take your medicine first". Wendy cupped Joohyun's face and gently her thumb on the older's flushed cheeks, hoping to keep her awake. She then placed 2 pills from the bedside table into Joohyun's mouth and encouraged her to swallow by feeding her some water. 

 

After a moment of difficulty (because Joohyun hates the bitterness of medicine), she swallowed the pills with furrowed brows and closed her eyes again. Giggling softly at how cute the leader was, Wendy hummed a soft tune to lull Joohyun effectively back to sleep. 

 

Soon enough, Seulgi came back with new bedsheets and clothes for her girlfriend. She placed a soft kiss on Joohyun's forehead and signalled for Wendy to change the damp pillowcase while she started to lift up Joohyun's shirt. 

 

Wendy looked down shyly and tried her hardest not to look at Joohyun's semi-defined abs. But Seulgi already caught her gaze and laughed loudly.

 

"Seungwan-ah, you're sooo obvious!" 

 

With that, Wendy's cheeks turned bright red and hurriedly looked away. To her surprise, Seulgi held onto her forearm and pulled her closer. The gap between their bodies practically non-existent. Seulgi smirked slightly as she leaned in and whispered in Wendy's ear. 

 

"We both know, Seungwan-ah. The way you look at Joohyun, the way you care about the smallest things. We both know you like her, just as much as I do." 

 

Wendy felt her heartbeat palpitating wildly. Her secret's out now. She has betrayed the trust of her best friend, how can she ever live this down? But before she could apologize, Seulgi pulled back and stared deeply into Wendy's brown eyes. 

 

"- and we like you too. More than just a friend." 

 

The canadian's forehead crinkled in confusion. They liked her too? So Seulgi's not mad that she likes Joohyun in that way? While her brain were buzzing with these thoughts, Seulgi snapped her fingers infront of her face to pull her out of her reverie. 

 

"So what do you think Wan-ah? Wanna be girlfriends together?" 

 

"B-but we don't know how Joohyun feels yet. How can we be together?" 

 

Seulgi laughs louder and Wendy was afraid that Joohyun would wake up at this rate. 

 

"C'mon, Unnie loves you more than I do. Have you seen the way she looks at you? I'm sure she'll love for us to all be together." 

 

And with that Wendy smiled bashfully and continued to change the pillow case. 

----------------------------

So i'm finally back and they are finally together!!!