Final

Falling Apart

How long has it been? How long has it been since he chose to let me go? How long has it been since he chose to move away from here just so he wouldn't have to see me again?

I don't know. I lost count.

It was for the best.. He told me. but the funny thing is, It was the best for him while I felt the opposite. It was hard for me.. I tried to get him off my mind, I tried to move on.. but I failed.

I have tried to hold my chin up and be the cheerful like how I was before he decieded to let me go.. Fortunately, I have proved to everybody that I'm doing just fine without him.. but actually inside, I'm dying..

Everyone sees that I'm always the same girl.. The clumsy girl, the cheerful girl... but all of that Is  just a mask that I'm wearing to cover up how I'm actually feeling inside...

I learned how to smile once again... and learned how to live without him by my side.. I learned how to be strong despite all the pain that is killing me inside day by day..

I looked to the person across me and I felt that familiar feeling in my stomach that I always felt when he's around me. . and now after how many years.. I finally get to feel that feeling once again..

Its him.. Right across me. Talking to Youngbae..

I don't know what hurts the most... Is it the fact that he left me? or the fact that he's right infront of me... after how many years of leaving Seoul.. after how many years after leaving me... He finally decided to show up and act all casually... Act like nothing had happened to us before?

He caught me looking at him.. We both looked at each other.. Too deep on our own thoughts. By the look of him, he wasnt planning to look away from me..

His piercing eyes... The way he looked at me..  I could just drown into his eyes.. He gave me a slight smile, as I tried so hard to distract myself from stealing glances at him..

I saw him walked to me as I panicked... I have prepared myself, I have told myself that when the time comes, when the time comes that he's finally here infront of me.. I had promised to myself that I would be brave.. and not breakdown infront of him.

"Let's talk..." He whispers as I feel shivers down my spine..

He leads me to the rooftop.. The place we always go when we were together.. The place is not perfect, not romantic but its the fact that there are thousands of our memories here.

We both didn't talk.. It was as if both us were trying to communicate with our own heartbeats.

"W-What makes you comeback?" I managed to say.

For a moment, he didn't say anything. His face was unreadable but I couldn't help but to think he still looks as gorgeous as the last time I saw him.. He looks a bit thinner, he died his hair back to his natural brown hair.. It made him looks even younger.

Just like the first time we met each other back at High School.

"Just a short visit before my second semester starts.."  He finally said.

I nodded.

"I... Heard you had a girlfriend now.." I choked on my own words... Trying so hard not to sound obvious that I was upset.

"Yeah."

"D-Do you love her?" I bit my lips.. Not caring if it will bleed at any seconds now. That question has been protesting to come out from my mouth. I just can't help but want to know if she's better than me.. If she's taking a good care of him..

He remained silent before he heaved out a sigh.

"I can never love her like I loved you"

My eyes widened.. If this was a dream.. Please don't wake me up.

I can never love her like I loved you.

I can never love her like I loved you.

This is too good to be true...

Without even realizing, a tears escaped my eyes.. Why does he has to say such thing to me right now?.. When I was supposed to move on.. When I was supposed to forget everything.. He's making it hard for me..

"W-Why did you stop fighting for our relationship, Ji?" I stuttered as more tears escaped my eyes.

"It was for the best, D" He stood up as he approached me slowly. His hands reached my face to cup it.. He wiped off the tears and caressed my flushed cheeks..

"Shh.. Don't cry.. I know you were strong enough to handle all of this.. by yourself. And I'm so proud of you.. Try to move on, Dara. You're better off without me... believe me.." He soothed me.. He used to soothe with his sweet words, but it wasn't working now.. He's just making it worst.

Why does he has to comeback? Why does he has to say all these things to me right now?

After awhile, I finally stopped crying.. I backed away from him as I saw him flinched.. "Are you going to move on.. for me?"

"I have to.." I mumbled softly..

He gave a weak smile as he nodded.. "Good.."

"Someday.. When we're both ready.. Fate will bring us together.." He said again.. and I can't help but smile at that statement..

"They say.. If you love someone, let it go.. If we meet again, its meant to be.." I mumbled again.. as I turned around my back to him... Walking confidenltly with heavy steps..

I have to move on now....

Loving someone doesn't mean we have to own them forever.

Let's just hope for a better tomorrow and for a better future for the both of us...

______________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: This oneshot is too short. Oh well...