ONE.

Anime Protagonist
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: This will most likely be the only long chapter in the fic, rip.

 

 

Yerim squints at the tall male before her, who had his arm extended to hold out a pink envelope sealed by a heart-shaped sticker. He isn’t someone she knows terribly well, but she is well aware of the fact that he was acquainted with some of her friends. She has a feeling that this was like in the anime she watches, but she wants it to be untrue. “What is this, Youngho?”

“A confession. What else? I know you like anime, so I figured you might like it a bit more if I did it like those shoujo anime protagonists. Well, except I’m a guy.” He flashes her a dorky grin, cheeks lifting up to make his eyes form crescents.

“Well… I’m sorry, but even if I did like you, I’m not ready for anything like this. I don’t want to be with anyone until at least the second year of college,” she responds, biting her lip as she averts his gaze. He merely chuckles at her, seemingly amused by her bashfulness.

“Oh, I know. I’d heard about it from your siblings. But don’t worry, I’m willing to wait until then. We’re in our senior year, so it’s only two years off, right?” His grin only seems to grow wider, which throws Yerim off her guard.

“I mean, I suppose… But you know you don’t have much of a chance even then, right?”

“I’m well aware. Doesn’t hurt to try, though. I’m sure I won’t like any girl other than you.” The determination in Youngho’s expression is more than noticeable, and Yerim was a little intimidated.

“I highly doubt that’ll actually happen, but whatever you say. My friends are waiting for me, so uh… I’m just going to go.” She flashes a sheepish smile before slipping away.

 

 

“Wait, back up a second. You’re saying Seo Youngho… isn’t gay? And he likes you?” Yerim’s friend, Joohyun, practically yells. The girl in question nods her head slowly, trying her best to hold back a sigh. “Well, that’s a surprise… I swear, I thought he was into Jaehyun.”

“What’d you say to him?” Sooyoung butts in, prodding at Yerim’s side with her finger.

“I told him that I didn’t want to date until college… And that he probably didn’t have a chance with me,” Yerim mumbles, looking down at her lunchbox. She honestly didn’t know how she felt, considering she had only known Youngo for half a year. Not to mention, he seemed a lot closer to her other friends, so it felt odd.

“I think that reply was a little harsh…” Seulgi manages to force out the words despite having a mouth full of rice. She pauses to swallow her food before continuing. “I don’t know, I think you should give him a chance. You could end up liking him a lot, for all you know.”

“I don’t think so. I’m set on loving only one person my entire life, so I want to be completely sure.”

“That’s a little bit childish, and not to mention unrealistic,” Joohyun points out, waving a carrot stick at her friend. Yerim crinkles her nose and takes a bite of the carrot out of spite, causing the taller girl to whack her lightly with what was left of the vegetable. “I think you’ll end up falling for him. Youngho is pretty charming sometimes.”

“Whatever. Anyway, make sure you don’t tell Seungwan, okay? Youngho asked me to keep it a secret from her. He thinks she’d freak out over it,” Yerim requests, clasping her hands together as if begging. The others nod hesitantly.

“Why though? Doesn’t Youngho tell Seungwan everything anyway? It’s a little weird that she’s the only one he’s hiding this from.” Sooyoung’s brws furrow as she asks.

“I don’t know why… He just asked me not to tell her. That’s why he told her to go have lunch with him today. I guess he wanted to distract her so I could tell you guys,” the youngest explains. As Yerim nears the end of her sentence, she spots the two walking towards them. Frantically, she nudges Sooyoung, who whispers to both Joohyun and Seulgi to stop discussing the topic.

“Oh, hey! Sorry I couldn’t eat with you guys today. It’s rare Youngho ditches his other friends for me, so.” Seungwan shoots a glare at her tall best friend, who only laughs awkwardly in return. “Anyway, my parents a

Please log in to read the full chapter