One

If I Were You

Kim Jongin sighed and glanced at the clock as he waved goodbye to another customer. He was ready to go home and sleep. But not for too long, as his shift at his night job began in little over four hours. 

Jongin worked three jobs, as he was trying to save money for college. A bit of help from his parents would be nice, but they didn't care about him anymore. He was on his own now.

Jongin's shift was finished at last. He grabbed his keys and headed for home, nearly ready to pass out. 

When he awoke a few hours later, he knew that something was wrong. First of all, he ached all over as if he had been dreadfully hurt. Second of all, he was in a completely unfamiliar place. Third, his mind was flooding with memories of things that had never happened to him.

In his mind, an image appeared and came to life instantly. A tall youth with tired eyes and darkly tanned skin, yelling at him as they argued back and forth furiously.

Jongin felt himself yelling "it's defective!" But it did not sound right. His own voice sounded foreign to him. 

''So are you!'' The young man yelled back, and Jongin shuddered as realization hit him. It was himself. He had just yelled at himself.

But that would mean Jongin was now his customer from earlier today. The elderly man he had shouted at. 

And that was surely impossible. Jongin must be dreaming.

He attempted to leap off the bed, suddenly having an idea. However, he fell back apon it with a groan. It hurt terrible. Yes, he was definitely an elderly man. 

He arose slowly, moving carefully across the room, examining every inch of it. On the wall was an old photograph of a woman, holding a man's hand. In the mind of Jongin, a small voice said, ''That is you and Minah.''

''Minah,'' Jongin murmered. ''My wife.''

But he did not have a wife. Kim Jongin did not. 

''But I do,'' he told himself. ''I do. I am not Kim Jongin. I am Song Minhyuk and Minah was my wife.''

''Minah died last year,'' the voice in his mind spoke.

''I know,'' but Jongin did not. He shook his head. ''I am not Jongin, right now. I am Minhyuk. Jongin does not know, but Minhyuk does.''

''That is true,'' the voice said. ''Now explore, Jongin. You will remember more as you go along.''

 

 

 

I will update this chapter soon, as it is too short!