Why should I title a OneShot "chapter"?

A life with love.

 

“Whose idea was it for the three of us to get pregnant together?”

 

“That would be you, dear.” Jeongyeon answers a breathless Nayeon.

 

The two have been on a very difficult week, since Jihyo had to travel to work and the kids had been rampaging ever since she was gone.

 

Today was to be a sleepover day, but Sana and Momo had to take Mina to the hospital since the little one was having a fever. Good thing, today was, also, the day Jihyo would be back and peace could exist.

 

It’s not that the two of them weren’t capable of taking care of their own kids, but they would be angels only for Jihyo. It’s something about her, something that tamed the two biggest players from their college years.

 

Nayeon and Jeongyeon were perceived as the two campus sweethearts, total opposite of one another, and all the boys and girls would group together towards one of the two.

 

In reality, they were nothing of what people had them be. While Jeongyeon looked dashing and tomboyish, she was a complete sweetheart, the total mother friend. Nayeon, on the other hand, looked like the epitome of girlish, gentle and sweet, reality was the other way around, she was the over-confident type, who would play around all the time.

 

That is, until they met Jihyo. They were both drawn to her, bewitched by the freshman who had just set foot on campus, looking just like any other, but, to them, she was everything they needed.

 

“Park Dahyun, Park Chaeyoung and Park Tzuyu! Get over here and put your pajamas on!” Jeongyeon, finally, decides to help her wife with their little devils.

 

When they are about to dress the last one, when the door opens and a very familiar voice fills the house.

 

“Mommy is home!” Jihyo announces and the three kids, immediately, run to her and jump, holding her like she had been gone for ten years.

 

“Now, Chaechae, why are you only half dressed? Did you run from the mommys again?” Jihyo asks, putting her kids down, not bothering with the large smile plastered on her face.

 

She has been missing her family since she set foot out of the door, and the week couldn’t have passed any slower. She can’t imagine her life without them, doesn’t even remember what she did before meeting her wifes.

 

As she gets closer to the kids’ room, she can hear the two, as always, bickering about something, and pretending to hate each other. Jihyo, on the other hand, knows they can’t be without each other either. It was just like that ever since they started courting her.

 

Jeongyeon and Nayeon would always come together when it was about Jihyo. Like when they got an apartment just beside her dorm, for her last year of college, so they could sneak into her room late at night just to sleep with her on her single bed.

 

In one of their excursions, they met Sana, Jihyo’s neighbour, and the poor girl became their accomplice. That is, until Sana walked in on them one time, and got traumatised for the rest of her college life, thinking she saw something she shouldn’t, but they were really just sleeping.

 

Momo came into the scene a year later, when they were already all working adults, or so they thought they were, but they became immediate friends once Sana introduced her. The japanese couple even conceded to Nayeon’s plea to have kids at the same time, so they would grow together.

 

“Are you two going to welcome me back, or keep fighting over nothing?”

 

“Jiji! You don’t know how we missed you!” Nayeon says, with the brightest smile she could muster.

 

“Come here, my love! We have missed you so much.” Jeongyeon jumps up and takes her two wifes and three kids in her arms, dropping them all to the ground and rolling around.

 

“Okay, could I be released? I really need to take a shower and get out of these travel clothes.” Jihyo tries to protest, but snuggles closer to her family anyways.

 

Right then, the doorbell rings and the kids run off shouting “Mina-chan!”

 

Nayeon laughs and stands up, helping the other two up as well, and proceeds to get the door. Her little munchkins making it all the more difficult for her, clinging to her legs and screaming in excitement.

 

“Just be quick, well be waiting for you outside.” Jeongyeon kisses Jihyo’s forehead and walks out of the room.

 

Sana and Momo arrive with a very sluggish little Mina, who brightens up as soon as she sees her friends jumping happily about her arrival. The kids set off to their playroom (truly, Chaeyoung’s old room, since the three wanted to sleep together and separate rooms became useless) and their parents just laugh at Dahyun, who trips over her slippers, immediately shoots up and pretends nothing happened.

 

“I swear your clumsiness must be getting to Dubs.” Momo chuckles, earning a pinch from her wife and a laugh from the others.

 

“We’ll talk later, Mo. Now, is Jihyo home yet?” Sana tries to change the subject.

 

“I, most certainly, am. Now, where are my hugs?” Jihyo says as she enters the room.

 

The couple jumps at her, and squishes the shorter woman as tight as humanly possible. It was only a week, but they all missed her, since she is the most level headed one, who will always find a way to calm them all down and, actually, solve the issue.

 

This began with Mina’s first fever. It was around two a.m. when Jihyo was woken up by screaming coming from her neighbor's apartment, Jeongyeon woke up with the movement and kicked Nayeon up for them to go check on their best friends.

 

Entering the apartment, they were met with Mina, hurdled up in a ball, on the couch, Sana fainted in the hallway and Momo desperately trying to get her wife to wake up and their daughter to calm down.

 

“Enough!” Jihyo lets out, and the world seemed to have stopped for a second. Then she takes charge to solve the problem.

 

“Nayeon, go wake Sana, Mo, get yourself together, and Jeong, go back home to care for the kids.”

 

Everyone moves at her command, only to be found out, Mina just has a slight fever, probably due to being in the tub for too long, with her own kids, this afternoon.

 

“Okay, you buffoons, I’ll go get Mina some medicine. We had to give Chaeng and Dubs some as well. Now get yourselves together before you come after us.”

 

She takes Mina to their own apartment and has Nayeon follow her, after giving the girl something to get her better, the kid just snuggles up to her and sleeps peacefully until next morning, when she wakes up ready for more.

 

Since then, God Jihyo became someone they needed as much as they needed each other, or Mina. But, the wifes are not as understanding and get jealous, even about a hug. Who can blame them, they were Jihyo deprived for a week, the longest they had gone without her were the three days for her senior camping trip.

 

“Enough, give us back our Jiji. Go hug a post or something.” Nayeon, finally, explodes and snatches her away.

 

“So, I brought something for you guys, but I think we will all love what I brought for the kids more. So, let me go and get those gifts out.”  Jihyo says, wriggling out of her wifes hold.

 

She hands the adults some fancy liquor she found on her trip to Thailand, and holds a bag with what must be the kids’ gifts.

 

“Now, all of you stay put, I’ll go get the children to put them on and come to you.” She commands and, as much as they are all curious about it, nobody can go against her.

 

After a few minutes of screaming and running, they hear Jihyo say “Now, who can go hug mommies first?”

 

And the goofballs waiting anxiously at the living room are met with the most adorable sight they ever had. Which gets all of them wondering why none had thought of this before.

 

The little ones come running, wearing their new little animal onesies, tripping over one another, but they don’t fail to jump on their parents and give them sloppy kisses.

 

Jihyo comes back, just behind the small rascals, well, not that small when it comes to Tzuyu, and Jihyo still wonders how she gave birth to her, and if they didn’t switch Tzu and Chaeng, because their heights are surely opposites.

 

Watching the scene, she feels little hands on hers, and sees Tzuyu wants to be held. Picking up the girl, she smiles wholeheartedly, and thinks out loud.

 

“Now this is a life with love.”