i bloom for you.

bleeding petals

hanahaki disease, 花吐き病, an illness in which a one-sided/unrequited love is formed and flower grows in the lungs resulting in the person coughing up flower petals. this causes great pain. there are two ways to remove it; to have the loved one return the love, or to have it removed through surgery in which the person will lose all feelings and memories of the person.

 

• 

 

momo

 

"oh momoring, how's today's game? heard you guys won? you're too early, aren't your game supposed to end at 7, it's just 5 in the afternoon" nayeon asked curiously, wondering something's up.

 

"i feel like , that's it" the other girl said, seeing how tired she is on her eyes.

 

"tell me about it then" nayeon said.

 

"i ed up, i think they're gonna lose the game. i should've never went home today, they sent me home." momo said, stressfully grabbing a fist of her hair.

 

"momo-yah, don't feel bad about it. it's not always you. you did good enough, also you're not feeling well, stay by my side." nayeon said sincerely.

 

stay by my side. i would, forever.

 

momo and nayeon ended up watching movies the whole time. stuck under the blankets.

 

"you know i met this girl named mina on my class and she's cute, i think she's the one who leaves a yellow tulip on my desk everyday, it's kinda cute!" nayeon said cheerfully, telling the latter about her crush.

 

"oh, yellow tulips, that's great, i'm friends with her!" momo responded, trying to make herself sound happy, well at least.

 

"you're friends with her? well i think i know where i'm gonna go to if i wanna be close to her! thanks moguri!" nayeon said as she hugged momo. 

 

 

nayeon

 

i wonder who keeps leaving me yellow tulips on my desk everyday. i thought.

 

well, i think here's the answer to my question. 

 

there's a piece of small paper with the yellow tulips. i hope you like them (m.)

 

m? the only m in my class is the new girl from japan.

 

myoui mina. the straight a student in my class. she's a new student, but everyone's eyes seem to be on her this year, including me.

 

she's cute, as i looked at her. her name's mina huh, i've seen her before a lot of times, guess she's the one who sends me these.

 

 

 

 

i was walking through the hallway with momo when i saw mina with a short girl, fingers and hands interlocked. smiling at each other. you can say they're pretty much in love as they look at each other.

 

"momo!" my thoughts were interrupted when mina called momo, as she walked to us, hands still locked to each other with the other girl.

 

"mina-yah! it's been a while since we saw each other, you're new here right? meeting new friends aren't that bad when you already got a girlfriend i see" momo said as she looked to the shorter girl beside mina. damn does she have to point that out.

 

"oh she's not my girlfriend! she's a new friend of mine, her name is chaeyoung!" mina said as she introduced the girl to us.

 

"oh also here's my friend, she's nayeon!" momo said. as mina looked at my eyes, she's really pretty, i couldn't stare at her for more than 2 seconds.

 

"momo-yah, we gotta go, still have to treat her out!" mina said.

 

guess they're in love. pretty much in love.

 

as i suddenly coughed, my throat suddenly hurts. as i went to the girls' bathroom i closed the door even before momo could go in.

 

"nayeon, are you okay? open the door!" momo said, you can sense she's concern.

 

 

i continue coughing as i noticed very odd. there's a flower on my mouth as i cough. the flowers fall to the sink. how is this possible. what's happening.

 

i threw the flowers and washed my face as i opened the door and went out.

 

decided not to tell momo what's up. 

 

"you look very tired, take a rest." momo said.

 

 

 

i woke up very early. it's only 5 am and momo is still asleep, as i caressed her face and silently said good morning.

 

i went out of our dorm and decided to take a walk outside. 

 

the surroundings today are so beautiful, the fog, the trees' leaves falling. i took out my phone to take photos.

 

as i remember myself yesterday coughing and spitting out flowers. i searched it. hanahaki disease?

 

i got rid of the thought and decided to take pictures, as my camera spotted mina. with chaeyoung.

 

they look so in love. they're not friends, it's not realistic on how they look at each other. they're absolutely not. 

 

my soul's full of envy and envy only. i want to be loved as well. i want to be happy with someone. 

 

i started coughing again. this time, it even hurts more. it's like there's thorns stuck on my throat. 

 

as i get back on our dorms, i coughed blue flowers and dandelions to our sink. it's really serious now. as i cough on my hands with the flowers on my hands, there's also blood. 

 

"nayeon? are you okay, you seem to not be okay, please open this." momo knocks and shouting outside our bathroom

 

she kicks it and she decided to use the keys in our bathroom.

 

"nayeon- what happened. it's that... hanahaki? what. what's happening. you're spitting blood and flowers" momo said.

 

"i looked up what does hanahaki means a while ago. it said it's a disease where you spit and cough flowers and blood and there's a possibility i'll die if the loved one i truly love doesn't return my love." i said to momo.

 

"come on! i know what that means. but you are not going to die! are you listening to me? i'm gonna help you." momo smiled at me, reassuring everything's gonna be okay.

 

impossible.

 

 

momo

 

"i'm glad you came, i thought you weren't going to come." i said to mina.

 

"we're best friends for a reason! so yeah what's up?" mina said.

 

"you still remember nayeon right? can you meet her up tomorrow near the playground? i can't accompany her tomorrow, i hope you're free tomorrow!" momo asking a favor not sure if mina's gonna go for it.

 

"sure! you're really very thoughtful and concern to your friend huh?" mina said, agreeing and going for it.

 

i'm more than concern for her

 

 

 

 

"nayeonie, i've made plans later for you, this is gonna work out!" i said to nayeon, happy for her.

 

"what? what did you do?" nayeon asked.

 

"i kinda set up you two? and we're gonna get rid of the flowers stuck on you." i smiled at her.

 

"you know she's not gonna fall for me right. the only thing's gonna work for me is to get the flower in me out. to get a surgery and that's just it. probably get rid of the memories, everything." nayeon said. 

 

i can't listen to what is she saying. i want the best for her. she's all that matters. she's the only one that matters. she deserves everything.

 

"just believe me okay? i love you" i said to her.

 

 

 

no one's (pov)

 

momo hid on a tree to see what's gonna happen between nayeon and mina. happy. excited. 

 

"h-hi? my name's nayeon and i'm momo's friend, i know i'm bothering you, i'm so sorry" nayeon said blurting the things her tongue wanted to say.

 

"hey chill haha, i already know you! you're nayeon!"

 

"really? i know you're confused why we're here and i'm taking the opportunity. can we get a coffee? to starbucks probably, i don't know, you probably is busy right now." nayeon said asking her out.

 

"of course! my treat and please stop saying sorry, i'm gonna be with you the whole day" mina said to her as she held nayeon's hands which made the latter's heart flutter.

 

momo saw with her two eyes the two girls fade in her sight. happy that she saved nayeon. she saved nayeon. she fulfilled her happiness. she got rid of the roots.

 

momo coughed with tears, she went behind the tree so no one can see her. she spit yellow tulips. she keeps coughing, it can't stop. she keeps spitting and coughing yellow tulips with blood as she cover and her hands full of blood.

 

all this time momo was the one who gave her the yellow tulips. the one who saved nayeon. she bloomed for nayeon, and nayeon didn't bloom for her. but to someone else. nayeon spits blue flowers and dandelions which means loneliness, momo could've saved her own self but she saved nayeon instead and fulfilled her heart with happiness instead of thorns.

 

yellow tulips means one sided love. she sacrificed all. 

 

nayeon made flowers grow in momo's lungs. and althought they are beautiful, momo can't breathe.