dos

Adultery
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
chapter 02  

Last night events were nothing for today's luck; by the time Joohyun had first opened her eyes at the bright light caught at the curtains, the moment she turned around, her body was found to be lonely in the whole room, not even the studio owning a single soul. Her eyes traveled to the wall clock on top of their bed, squinting just to get a proper look from her still laying position.

 

Joohyun gulped, and practically flew from the bed to the bathroom for a quick dip and cleaning, before putting on her flare black pants and a yellow smock shirt, running on her bunny flats downstairs; as she stepped into the dining room, hair shedding water drops down to her cloth, the house's man just lifted his gaze from the fruit bowl in the middle of the small round table, arching an eyebrow.

 

"Thought you would never join me," he mumbled as he proceeded to bring some small pieces to his plate, the usual fruit pieces of almost every morning. Joohyun took a seat in front of him, her eyes analyzing the breakfast for today... he did it. Never in her life has she seen nor proved any food made by him, and it felt like she had just been thrown into another universe, in which Sehun was actually speaking to her and waiting for her. "good morning, I guess".

 

"Good morning" she replied, utensils in her hands just to cut into slices her two hard-boiled eggs on top of lettuce and tomato. If anything was being gentle to her, then it meant it wouldn't take that much to stop all of a sudden, and she proved it right when her breakfast went on without any other single word spoken. Not that she had been raised to chat during meals, but at least, she found it odd.

 

Odd, since in the Oh family, almost everyone spoke during them dining together. Specifically, Mrs. Oh would never shut that ugly, dirty mouth of hers and her usual words would attack Joohyun who spent the meal without pronouncing anything at all. "May I ask, what's the occasion?", Joohyun spoke before taking the first egg slice into , Sehun feeling satisfied at the view of her gathering a whole bite in between short lips, small mouth.

 

"I'm leaving for a few days starting tomorrow night" he paused, letting his back touch the chair's support as he crossed his arms on top of his chest, "and I want to make sure I can trust you while I'm away". 

 

The way he made his intentions clear, made his wife stop chewing on her food, taking a few seconds to glance back at him. She couldn't tell apart her feelings... was she surprised he was actually traveling somewhere else rather than mommy's house? Or... was she actually kind of hurt he didn't trust in her? They were adults, and so it was supposed to mean Joohyun was responsible enough to take care of their house, with the help of the maids and the few security guards out there (perhaps, he could even bring some more while he was out).

 

It was supposed to mean all that, yet, her mind flashed through the images of her wedding night. The moment a bullet pierced the flat, soft chest of the man, and how the skinny body dragged her out of the hall just to make its actions with her body. 

 

"Joohyun" his firm voice startled the elder, who placed her fork aside and quickly cleaned her lips. 

 

"Yes?" yet her tone contrasted Sehun's, just as she was back from her small abysmal trip. "Where are you going, Sehun?" 

 

With a deep sigh, the man stood up from his place, his plate and glass in hands. After he left, Joohyun was all alone in the dining room, not even daring to enjoy the first meal of the day. It was the only time she saw his body for the following hours. Lunchtime, Joohyun even dared to prepare some food for the maids, in order to make it lighter for them when they got their break time, as well as a way to get rid of the whole servings since her husband never came down to check if there was something to chew on.

 

She could only hear how he repeatedly went up and down the stairs, the sound of wood hitting the floor echoing through the halls and the door slamming back against the wall as he went out. Joohyun inferred Sehun was bringing small and medium-sized canvas into one of his black truck, making it obvious he was heading towards an exposition, either as a solo or as an invited artist. Joohyun near evening was sitting at their living room, her position pointing towards the large window in which she could take notice of his body in presence of other men.

 

Men she didn't know, and couldn't really ask who the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter