It's Decided

East Northumberland High

"I AM NEVER GOING TO THAT SCHOOL, MOM! NO!!" Yoora whined infront of her mom.

"Yoora stop being so stubborn! It's the finest school we could ever take you." Suho answered softly.

"I can go to a public school or go home schooled but please don't say that I must go to that school, Mom. Please, no. I can't last a day at that school seeing that jerk!!" Yoora pleads.

"So you're not going to that school just because Jongin was there. Is that what you're tryin' to say, Yul?"

"Mom, you don't understand! I spent my entire childhood in humiliation just because of that boy! And I don't want him to interfere with my high school life again!"

Suho curved a smile infront of his whining daughter because he already knew what was behind Yoora's temper towards Jongin. They grew up together but Jongin was always been a pain in the for Yoora but letting his daughter go to that school had nothing to do with Jongin.

It's because of her father, Yifan, the CEO of Diamond Entertainment. He thinks that enrolling his children to a school close to the company and to their home might be better.

"Mom, please! Can you just transfer me to another school?" Yoora begs for more.

"Yul, we're not going to let you go to that school just because Kim Jongin is there-

"I know! It's because it's the closest to Diamond Entertainment. Mom we've talked about this. Can you atleast change your plans just a little bit this time?!"

Sehun and Jeno came, tired from their morning jog when they saw Yoora and Suho arguing.

"Woah~ day three and Noona is still whining about East Northumberland High!" Jeno laughed hard.

"Yeah! And I smell someone by the name of Jongin hyung!" Sehun added which made Jeno laugh again.

Yoora snaps her head to her brothers' direction and glared at the two of them.

"Get out of here, pinheads!" She shouted.

"Okay, fine!" Sehun said still giggling, as they ran upstairs to change their sweaty clothes.

"Maybe I shud talk to dad, Mom. Don't you think? I think I can let him change his mind this time." Yoora said, before she ran upstairs to her father's office.

Suho chuckled lightly, for he knew that his husband is hard as a rock and Yoora knows that. If it wasn't because of the whole Kim Jongin thing, Yoora won't be acting that way.

Upstairs..

"Okay.. Yul.. You can do this. You will talk to your dad and ask him to change his plans." Yoora said to herself gathering all her strength before she twists the doorknob revealing her father seated on his desk, busy as ever.

"Dad.." Yoora said with a wide grin.

"You're not transferring, Yul." Yifan began, eyes glued on the piled music sheets on his enormous desk.

Yoora's grin dissappeared but manages to let out a soft laugh for the early embarrassment she already faced.

"I wasn't going to say that, Dad. But then you started it and... and..." Yoora stutters.

"Really? So what is it that you wanna talk about then?" Yifan looked at his daughter and waited for her answer.

"Don't you think East Northumberland High is not good enough for my education?"

"Why would you think it's not?"

"Come on, face it Dad! That school is horrible! The students are all bully, they make fun of every person they wanted especially low lives. That is not a good image of a school dad."

"It's private and you're rich. Why would they make fun of you? And besides, the mention of the bullying. Are you talking about the whole student body or it's just Kim Jongin?"

'Darn! Even my father knows what I'm thinking! Damn you, Kim Jongin!' She said at the back of her mind but she kept on hiding it with a smile infront of his father.

"Is that the boy who lifted your skirt when you were in middle school?"

"Oh please dad why do you even have to bring that up? You know I hate that part of my life." She said as she crosses her arms infront of her father.

"Your bestfriend, Baekhyun is going to study there too. Will it bring you a little comfort now?"

"Byun Baek..Hyun? Y...yes. That's a relief dad. Really. Isn't this just so great? I'm going to be with my bestfriend till I graduate." Yul said, pretending to be relieved.

'Oh geez! Baekhyun, alone himself was fine, but with his creepy boyfriend Chanyeol around? I don't think I could ever breathe.' Yoora thought.

"Well dad, it's been a nice chat. See you in a bit!" Yoora said as she turns her back to her dad, walking straightly out of the room.


"Noona~ someone sent this. Mom said it's for you." Jeno approached holding a school uniform.


Yoora examined the uniform until she saw the 'East Northumberland High' badge on the left side of the blouse.

"Put that away, Jeno!" She said as she heads downstairs with Jeno following her from behind.

"Wait.. Noona! What am I going to do with this?"

"Dispose it. Burn it! I don't know. You go ask Sehun. He's good at those."

Jeno went upstairs to show Sehun their noona's uniform.

"Sehun hyung. Noona told me to throw this away cause she doesn't want it. And she told me to ask you what to do since you're good at disposing."

"Hmm.. East Northumberland High uniform." Sehun smirked before continuing. "I know just a thing. Follow me."

Sehun and Jeno went outside of their room and went to Yoora's room but they made sure that she's not around.

Once they were inside her room, Sehun opened her wardrobe and placed the uniform on the middle so when Yoora opens it, she'll see the uniform immediately.

Sehun and Jeno laughed at the evilness they just did to their sister before they exit her room in a quite manner. When they reached their bedroom, they saw their noona talking to someone over the phone when she entered her room.

"I did the right thing, you know. And besides she'll go to East Northumberland anyway whether she likes it or not." Sehun said lying down the bed.

At Yoora's room.
She opened her wardrobe and saw the uniform hanging with her clothes.

"I thought I told Jeno to..." She paused, realization finally dawning to her. "Sehun. That evil!" She said to herself as she prepares for her bath.

 

 

Early in the morning, Yoora was standing on the living room waiting for her brothers.

"Wow! You look good in that uniform Noona!" Sehun approaches.

"Shut up, Sehun! If you didn't put this on my wardrobe then I wouldn't have looked like a complete joke by now."

"Well looking like a complete joke is better than to look like a complete trash. Right, Jeno?" Sehun laughed as Jeno nods, laughing as well.

"Oh, the limo's here. Let's go, bubble heads! Mom, gotta go!" Yoora said.

"Good luck on your first day." Suho waves.

"You better give her a best luck mom! And a pair of spare skirt in case someone would lift it again!" Sehun said and together with Jeno, they bursted out in laughter.

"Yaah! Sehun-ah enough with the evilness!" Yoora said as they rode inside the limousine.

 

At school..

"Yoora!"

Yoora turned around once she heard her name being called by whom she assumed was her bestfriend, Baekhyun and she stood corrected.

"Can you believe it? We're going to be together until graduation." Baekhyun beamed at her.

"Yes. It's great news. And... you'll stay with me every second that we're here, right Baek?" She said, slightly pouted.

"Yeah about that. You see, Chanyeol transferred here too so, you know..." Baekhyun said shyly.

Yoora's pout turned into a duck face after hearing Baekhyun out.

"Oh yeah~ I can practically see that 'BaekYeol private time' written on your forehead. Gosh you are so gay, Byun Baek!" Yoora scoffed.

"Hey! Not with your harsh words again! Get yourself a boyfriend and you'll understand."

"Boyfriend? No! I don't want another boy in my life. My ice cold father and bubble brained brothers are enough. And besides I'm an independent, mature, strong woman." Yoora praises herself.

"Yeah right. Then I guess you can handle that one." Baekhyun said pointing a group of guys with his lips. Yoora snaps her head to where Baekhyun's pout was pointed and saw Jongin in the middle of the group, walking closer to them with his signature smirk.

"Well, well, well. Look who's here. Yoora.. It's been like forever, right? Fate must have brought you here." Jongin began with a smirk.

"It's my father that brought me here. Not that in' fate you're blathering about." Yoora answered, arms crossed infront of the latter.

Jongin's friends started laughing when Jongin motioned them to shut up.

"I think we'll be seeing each other alot, Yoora." Jongin said, ending it with a wink before walking away.

"You know I have a feeling that Jongin really likes you." Baekhyun whispered.

"And why do you think so? Because he lifted my skirt? Hung me head first down the well? Or because he threw a mud pie at me when we were in kinder and was almost blind when I get home?" Yoora asked, raising a brow.

"Not those. But you know, guys are mean to girls they really like. Unless..." Baek smirked.

"I get it, Baek. And yeah I liked him back then and I'm so over it right now. As in, over. Completely gone. I hate him! Let's go to class now! Before I see that devil again." Yoora scoffs.

Baekhyun kept on smirking at his bestfriend, as they walk along the hallway.

"Hey! Here's my classroom.. and... you're not here on the list?" Yoora said as she scans the students' list plastered on the classroom door.

"Yes. I forgot to tell you that my classroom is at the 2nd floor. So goodluck! I'll see you after class." Baekhyun bids goodbye, leaving Yoora speechless by the room's door.

As she enters the room, the figure at the very back of the classroom caught her eye. It's Kim Jongin.

'I bet he's staring at me the whole time I was talking to Baek. Damn this devil! I tried to stay away from him and now we're going to be classmates? Can someone just stab a knife on my back and end my very life now? Cause I hate it!' She thought as she walks towards the empty seat infront of Jongin. Well, apparently that's the only empty seat since the students started to sit down to their own seats.

Class started and Yoora felt annoyed with Jongin kicking and kicking her chair from behind and even tapped his toes onto them and it annoys her more that everytime she glares at him, he'll act like he's just sitting there pretending to be innocent. When the class ended, Yoora snapped her head to Jongin and tapped his desk loudly, earning attention from the other students who are packing up their things.

"I'm begging you, Kim Jongin. Can you please just stay out of my life!" She said before she exits the classroom, leaving a laughing Jongin.

'Hmm.. I wonder if the school's garden is open. Ugh am I really that stressed out to look for the garden?' She thought as she makes her way to the backyard.

She saw the garden's door open and she sat on one of the benches there. She breathes in the soothing and cool wind as it blows from the very tall trees around.

"What are you doing here?" Said a voice from behind which caused Yoora to turn around.

"What?!" Yoora answered to Jongin who was coming closer to her. "You know what? Don't even bother to answer my question. I'm leaving."

She was about to walk away when she felt a grip on her arm.

"Wait, Yoora! Don't leave yet." Jongin began.

Yoora was a bit shock hearing Jongin's voice calm. It used to be so intense, ert toned but not this time.

"What now, Kim Jongin?" 

"Can you please just stay for awhile. I really have to tell you something."

Yoora sighed as she wriggles her arm from his grip.

"Can you please say it faster? I'm on a hurry."

"Ah, hmmm... Yoora... Yoora, I like you."

"I'm sorry. What? Did you already said something?"

"Yoora, listen! I like you, okay?"

"Jongin, will you please just cut the crap! Cause it's not working."

"Yoora I mean it! Don't you think fate brought us here? We're both here because we're destined to be together."

"YOU'RE CRAZY! How many times do I have to tell you that it wasn't fate that brought me here! It's my father! Get it?!"

"You're just saying that because I've been a pain to you since we were like, six. And Baekhyun said you felt something for me."

Yoora's eyes widen a bit upon hearing him. 'Baek?! That.. gay!! How cud he tell Jongin that?!'

"Well news flash Jongin! I am so over it. I don't feel something for you anymore! I don't like you! I was only 12 when I said that and I've grown up Jongin. If only I knew before what I've known now, do you think I'll said that? Ofcourse not!" Yoora turned her back infront of him, heaving a heavy sigh.

She suddenly felt a pair of arms snaking around her waist. She moved a little trying to escape from his backhug but to no avail. Jongin stayed firm from where he stands.

"I'm asking for another chance, Yul." He said, resting his head on her shoulder.

"Let go of me, Jongin." She said.

"Not until you say we're okay."

"Jongin, you've been very mean to me since we were very young. I'm always mad at you because you always humiliate me infront of other people then you'll laugh hard afterwards. I promised myself I'll stay mad at you because you made me feel ashamed of myself." Yoora said, when tears started to stream down her cheeks.

Jongin heard her sobs so he turned her around and hugged her tight.

"I'm sorry. I guess I had a very big crush on you back then, and I'm so not over it. I still like you and I know this feeling will soon turn into love. Not just love, true love."

"Jongin. This is so not like you." Yoora said as she pulls back.

"I've grown up, Yoora. I became a guy. I'm not a little boy anymore. If only I knew back then what I know today, do you think I'll humiliate you? Ofcors not!" Jongin said.

Silence filled the both of them when Jongin brought his face closer and closer to hers.

"Jongin, stop." Yoora whispered but he continued anyway.

He gave her a soft peck on the lips, which made her gasp. It's so light that his lips was the only thing she felt. After that, she covered her lips with her hand.

"Jongin, this is so inappropriate. We're not even dating." She began.

"I know. That was just a friendly kiss. There would be more than that if you'll agree to be my girlfriend."

"Friendly kiss? Is there even such thing? Uhmm.. Not now, Jongin. Let me think about this first."

Jongin nodded as he stares her deeply in her eyes.

"I'll be waiting."

"I have to go now." Yoora turned her back to him and started walking out of the garden.

When Yoora went to the classroom, Jongin was not there. He cut his class for the afternoon that made her wonder where he could be. When the class ended, Yoora waited for Baekhyun on the corridor and after a few minutes, Baekhyun came with his boyfriend, the most handsome Park Chanyeol.

"Congratulations.." Baekhyun whispered to her.

"What the hell are you talking about, Baek?" Yoora scoffed.

"Don't be modest. I saw you locking lips with Kim Jongin earlier."

"What?! You saw that?!"

Baekhyun nodded before bursting out in laughter.

"You should've told me that you're already dating him."

"Baek, shut it! We're not dating."

"Really? Then why is he holding a rose while walking this way?" Chanyeol interrupted.

Yoora turned around just to see Jongin, handing a red rose towards her.

"What is this for, Kim Jongin?" Her cheeks were cherry blushed as she reach her hand to the rose. Jongin rubs the back of his head as he lowers his head to hide the bright blush on his face.

"This is just so romantic, right Yeol?" Baekhyun said as they watch the whole scene unfold.
Yoora saw their limo arrived that the back of Jongin.

"Uhm.. I gotta go. Thanks, Jongin. See you tomorrow." She bids goodbye to Jongin, Chanyeol and Baekhyun before she runs towards their limo.

"Are you serious, Kim Jongin? You love Yul?" Baekhyun asked when the limo left.

"Yes. I love her. I love her eversince... since... since.." Jongin stuttered while finding right words to say.

"Since the day you lifted her skirt up? You saw it, didn't you?" Baek said, with a smirk.

"What?! No! Not that!" Jongin protested.

"You lifted her skirt?! That's... tough." Chanyeol said.

"No! I mean, yes. When we are 15 years old." Jongin answered.

---

"Noona got a rose!" Jeno beamed.

"Who gave you that, noona?" Jungkook added.

"A friend. A very good friend." Yoora replied, curving a smile as she smells the rose.

"That's from Jongin hyung." Sehun interrupted.

"What? How did you know?" Jeno asked.

"I'm the one who bought that. Jongin hyung asked me to. He said he's giving it to the girl he loves. I already knew it was Yul noona. So I picked out the best one." Sehun explained, eyes glued on his cellphone screen.

Yoora smiled at her brothers as they rode all the way home. When they reached their home, they saw Suho cooking something in the kitchen.

"Mommy! Mommy! Noona got a rose from Jongin hyung!" Jeno said as he runs to Suho.

Suho glanced at Yoora and watches his daughter smile to herself as she stares at the rose.

"Go upstairs and change." Suho said to Jeno, before the latter follows Sehun upstairs.

Yoora came closer to her mom and showed him the rose.

"I guess you two finally made it up." Suho said, smiling.

"Yes mom. I almost forgot that he already grew up."

Suho noticed how sparkly his daughter's eyes are. And it only happens when Yoora is happy or in a very good mood.

"Why don't you invite Jongin for dinner tonight?"

"I don't have his number Mom."

"He'll call you for sure."

She smiled to her mom before she goes upstairs to her room when her phone rang. An unknown number appeared.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Yul. It's me, Jongin."

"Oh hi. I didn't expect that you'll be calling. Where did you get my number?"

"Baekhyun."

"Ah.. My mom wants you to come over for dinner. Are you free tonight?"

"Sure, I'll be there."

"Okay then. I'll see you later."

"Bye."

 

When Yoora ended the call, she was full of giddiness inside. She was falling in love with her childhood friend who humiliated her all her childhood. Exactly 7:30 that night, Jongin came and ate dinner at their house. Yifan didn't talk too much for he already knew what's up. Suho already told him. When they finished dinner, Yoora and Jongin went outside. They were painting pictures in the sky when Jongin stared at Yoora.

"Yul.. you will always be the girl that I humilated. And the girl I will love forever."

"And you will always be the boy who lifted my skirt infront of everybody." Yoora chuckled.

Jongin suddenly gathered her in his arms, took a hold of her chin and kissed her lips passionately.