END

destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He was seven in ten, his secondary gender populated this city. He was Lee Jihoon, a beta. Not as competent as an alpha or as fragile as an omega, betas were in between and Jihoon supposed he was lucky. He hated the limelight placed upon alphas and was disgusted with the backwards prejudiced discrimination enacted upon omegas. So being a beta was ideal. He should be happy.

But he had always wanted more, he wanted to be special like those romanticised fairytales where the princess found her prince, like the omega who met their fated alpha. In this world played in the hands of destiny, betas had no place in being special. Denied, rejected.

“Remember Jihoon, you cannot change destiny.”

‘I remember, mother, I remember,’ Jihoon peered into the mirror, a finger gently brushing aside the loose strand which had escaped his gelled hair. Taking a step back, Jihoon took a look at himself in the mirror, decked in on a freshly ironed suit, his usual messy hair styled back to give a clean image. He was ready.

“Looking really good in that tux!” A heavy arm slinked around his neck, Jihoon steadied himself at the surprise attack as a grinning face appeared next to his reflection.

“And, you are ruining it,” Jihoon countered, rolling his eyes as he pushed the arm away only to earn a loud chuckle from the muscular male who had thankfully released his hold on Jihoon. Stepping back to look at the bridegroom, the fitting black suit brought out the masculine features of Seungcheol, making him even more handsome than ever before.

“Nervous?” Jihoon asked as he settled himself by an armchair, his eyes still taking in the form he had loved so dearly ever since they were children.

“Well no Sherlock, what if I trip and make a fool out of myself? Or drop the ring?” Jihoon watched in quiet amusement as his childhood friend paced the length of the waiting room, before letting out a loud groan as he sunk to the floor.

“Well, that will be amusing.”

“Don’t laugh at my demise.”

Chuckling at the lament, Jihoon walked over, a hand to the male’s shoulder, “You’ll be fine, don’t worry.”

“Ahh I know being around you is still the best,” Jihoon felt a strong pair of arms gathering him into a bear hug, his heart skipped a little at the familiar warmth he had gotten acquainted since young.

“It’s about to start, we should get ready,” Reluctant, Jihoon patted the male on the back, breaking away from the comfortable warmth.

“See you later?”

Jihoon smiled, “Yeah.”

 

---

The venue was absolutely stunning, of white and gold, the streaming lights of the morning sun added to the serenity to the semi-enclosed space. Jihoon stood before the crowd, dark chocolate orbs taking in the faces before him as he stepped towards the podium, where flowers decorated the length of the silvery metal holding up the flat platform.

Adjusting the microphone, Jihoon glanced over to the seated male by the left of the stage, an encouraging smile shot in his way, Seungcheol’s silent way of showing his support. Clearing his throat, Jihoon began, “For those who don’t know me, Seungcheol and I have been childhood friends for as long as I can recall. Here I am standing before all of you to give my speech as Seungcheol’s best man...”

Jihoon swallowed, thankful that the words came out smoothly despite the lump which had be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter