Overture

Korean Girl - A K-Pop Rock Opera

The overture begins with wind noises, and about ten seconds in, we hear a jazzy piano melody, which eventually changes to a dramatic arpeggio melody with heavy electric guitars, bowed double bass, mechanical sounding noise and a loud shriek.

The song transitions into a maniacal orchestral melody in B major Dorian, accompanied by a choir and later a wailing guitar riff before segwaying into the next progression, a piano playing sustained chords in the key of Eb but ending on a G major chord, accompanied by an electric organ and a clean electric guitar.

After a brief break, we hear a heavy rock riff in E minor. After two repeats of the riff, heavy drums and bass guitar join in. Another break at the end creates tension which leads into a Rolling Stones-like riff in G, accompanied by piano, drums, bass guitar and electric organ.

The next progression begins with a piano melody in E minor similar to that of the Boomtown Rats' 1979 song "I Don't Like Mondays", segwaying into a radical orchestral melody similar to the work of Hans Zimmer, which is accompanied by electric guitars. The segway changes the rhythm to a shuffle.

The next progression begins with a falsetto scream and then a harmony sampled from "You Don't Fool Me" from Queen's 1995 album Made in Heaven, before an acoustic guitar plays "Captain Walker" from the album Tommy by the Who (which inspired this album). The lyrics, however are modified to mention the end of the Cold War ("Now the war is over and done . . .").

The overture ends with a soft synthesiser melody in D major.