2 Sides Of The Same Coin

The Prince and the Pauper

"Mmm," Kyuhyun stirred sleepily as he rolled over in bed, reaching for his alarm clock and slamming the snooze button. He pulled his sheets over his face and sunk down into the comfy nest, groaning loudly from the major lack of sleep due to working so late the previous night. 

Exactly five minutes later he was disturbed by the same noise again. Kyuhyun whined as he frustratedly pushed the sheets away from him, kicking them to the bottom of the bed. His hand reached for the alarm clock once more and hit the off button. After that first snooze warning, he decided it was probably time to get up. 

Kyuhyun had big, brilliant eyes and warm brown hair, bangs styled slightly messily in a more modern version of a bowl cut. He was an average height and had an average build. His best features were in his face, girls were head over heels for his eyes and the way they softened his smile 

Kyuhyun was the son of a wealthy business man, and he works in an office himself due to this. A job that his father had made connections to help him get, or rather; get for him because it’s what he wanted Kyuhyun to do. The job was mundane; but it was high paid, it was what his Father wanted, and it meant he could continue living in this apartment. 

The apartment wasn't massive, as it was only a studio apartment for one, but it was beautifully decorated. The expenses clearly derived from the contents of the apartment. Everything was so state-of-the-art contemporary, consisting mainly of a black and white marble theme with Scandinavian decor. Everything was tidy and clean, as Kyuhyun had maids come and clean the house a few times a week while he was at work.

Kyuhyun opened the fridge side of his massive double doored fridge-freezer to retrieve the butter and place it on the island counter before going to the other end of the kitchen to retrieve the wholemeal bread from the bread bin, and the jam from the cupboard above. He put two pieces of bread in the toaster while he made coffee from a high tech looking coffee machine, selecting the required settings for a latte, and watching it pour neatly into a tall latte glass. The toast popped up and he pulled it out of the toaster quickly so not to burn himself and put the pieces on the island counter. 

After finishing preparing breakfast he took a seat on a big, fancy white corner sofa. The plate of breakfast on his lap, and the coffee on the end table next to him. He reached for the TV remote conveniently next to him and turned it on, searching the menu for the HD comedy channel he watched every morning with breakfast, the channel of course exclusive to his overpriced TV package. 

After eating breakfast and watching TV he dumped the used plate and latte glass by the dishwasher for the maids to clear up and went back to his bedroom area to get ready for the day. 

The same old routine occurred, the same one that he did every single day apart from the weekends. He cleaned his teeth in the smallish but gorgeous bathroom, mostly taken up by a stunning bath that had a shower head too. He then got dressed into one of his many suits, and chose a suitable tie, before styling his bowl cut styled hair somewhat neatly, bangs conveniently positioned in all the right places. 

"Paperwork, laptop, charger, glasses," he mumbled as he organised the various items in his briefcase neatly. After deciding that he was ready to go, he put on his dapper looking peacoat and checked one last time in the mirror before leaving the apartment. Smoothing his hair with his hand. Kyuhyun lived on the very top floor, which although provided him a jaw-dropping view of Seoul, was annoying when it came to standing in an elevator for a stupid amount of time. When he finally made it to the ground floor, he walked down a small flight of stairs and into the garage underground. Kyuhyun got into his posh silver car and the radio before backing out of his parking spot and leaving the car park to drive to another normal, mundane, stressful day at work. 

___________________________________________________________________________

"Agh!" Ryeowook yelped as his Dalmatian jumped onto the bed, a whole hour and 10 minutes before his alarm was even due to go off. He glanced at the clock displaying the ungodly hour of 5:50am and sighed tiredly. The big dog his owner's face fondly, before jumping back off the bed and retrieving it's lead and bringing it to Ryeowook. 

"You want to go for a walk, Bella?" Ryeowook giggled. Bella barked in response, sitting patiently with her lead in , tail wagging excitedly. 

"Ah seriously?," Ryeowook sighed, “You’re lucky I love you!” he exclaimed, turning his alarm off so it wouldn't go off at 7:00am before hopping out of bed. He opened one of the drawers in his small unit where he kept his clothes and pulled out whatever sweatpants and t-shirt he could find. 

Ryeowook was quite short for his age and had a small, skinny build. He had a sharp jawline and a small face. He was just all-round a small person, with a small frame that makes you want to cuddle him and protect him from the world. 

Once Ryeowook had thrown on his excuse for clothes, he secured Bella's lead and took her outside. After closing the door behind him, he stopped and shivered from the winter air. 

"It's so cold, are you sure you want to go for a walk right now? You know I take you out for a long walk in the evenings..." he muttered, teeth chattering. Bella pulled at the lead, dragging him further into the dark streets. Ryeowook scoffed as he was lead down the street by his own dog, letting her pull him where she wanted to go. 

"Okay I think I know where you're going, I'll take you to the field and then we're going home, okay?" he said sternly, as if Bella could understand him. She simply tugged harder, eager to get to their usual place.

The pair walked the short distance to the field near Ryeowook's house. Although it wasn't really a field, it was just a body of grass, a park so to speak, but it was big enough for Bella to run around, it was a perfect outlet for a dog. There were trees, bushes, and even a bench that Ryeowook could sit on while he watched Bella enjoy herself for a while. 

Ryeowook let Bella off the lead and dropped down on the bench, leaning back and closing his eyes tiredly. It was times like this when he just had to focus on all the pros of having a dog, rather than the cons like this. Bella was a very loyal, gentle, loving dog. It also meant that Ryeowook wasn't as lonely as he would be completely on his own.

Looking down at his watch and realising they'd been at the park for 20 minutes already, Ryeowook got up from the bench and called Bella over. 

"It's nearly 6:30 already Bella! I need to get ready for work!" he called. Bella obediently came running back to him, allowing him to put her lead back on and walk back home. 

"We'll go for a walk later like we always do, okay?" he assured her as the opened the door to his house and let her off her lead and run free into the house. He closed the door quickly behind him, glad to be back in the warmth. Or at least, as warm as he could get the house without a steep electricity bill. 

Ryeowook went to his little kitchen which was pretty much in the living room but with tile flooring, he retrieved a box of cereal from a cupboard, and the milk from his small half fridge. After pouring the cereal in a bowl and coating it in milk, he grabbed a spoon from the drawer and took a seat on his two-seat sofa and the TV; settling on the news channel that popped up. It's not like he had many channels to choose from anyway on the cheapest basic TV package. 

After eating breakfast, he put his empty bowl next to the sink to wash up later after dinner when there was more dishes. Ryeowook went back to his bedroom and dug out his black jeans and found his casual white shirt draped over his desk chair. He left one button undone on his shirt, and tucked it into his jeans. He brushed his teeth quickly before going back to the living room to say good bye to Bella. 

"I'll be back after work," he smiled, his companion fondly, who responded lovingly with snuggles and . 

He opened his backpack and checked over the few items in there, and then grabbed his small flip phone from the sideboard and slipped it into the back pocket of his jeans. 

"Bus pass!" he reminded himself, running back into his bedroom and getting it from his desk, pushing away messy piles of paper to dig it out. After grabbing his coat from the hook by  the door, Ryeowook left the house and entered the cold, winter air once more and made his way to the bus stop to commute to his same old barista job at the small coffee shop. 

_____________________________________________________________________________

So, here’s the first chapter! It’s not extremely different to how I wrote it before apart from a few fixes where I was being a bit vague or my writing went odd when I wrote this before, but yeah this is the first chapter and as you can probably tell I wrote out Kyuhyun and Ryeowook’s morning routines so you can see how they’re so alike yet live so differently, I hope you all like it!