04. A little incident

유리(Yuri) Glass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

04. A Little Incident Called Miracle

(She called for a miracle, and she got it)

 

 

Yoona stood frigid. Her stomach slid and her heartbeat thundered and her palms sweat. 

A voice so loud that its almost deafening screamed for her to turn around and run. Run as far as she can where nothing-- no one could-- would reach her. But unfortunately, her body isn't as cooperative as she wants it to.

She barely moved her lips when she uttered his name. "Seunghyun-ah..."

He turned and met her eyes. The deep dark brown eyes digging into her and she almost thought she'd fall on her knees right then with the sudden pain rushing through her body straight to her heart.

And like a glass, her heart broke into a million pieces right then when he uttered the words that crumbled her world like a spell. "I never loved you."

Her eyes shot wide open, her body tingling with something she can't quite name. It was just a dream. A bad dream. A nightmare. She blinked as tears fell at the corner of her eyes until she'd convinced herself it wasn't real.

She didn't move an inch, staring at her blank white ceiling needing to clear the fog in her mind first.

A moment later, her phone buzz beside her, the screen read, Jessie.

She heaved a deep sigh, forcing her whole body to sit up, before answering the phone. "Hello?"

"Are you serious, Yoona? You're just waking up? Are you out of your freakin' mind that you dare be late today? Really? Out of all the days, you can be late, it's today?! I mean-"

"Jessica!" She had to stop her or else she thought she would lose it. "What do you mean today? What's happening there?" She asked rubbing her temple, a minor headache threatening.

"What the hell? You forgot?!" She exclaimed loudly through the phone that she had to move her ear away from the speaker for a moment.

She took another breath, gathering her patience. "Can you please just tell me?"

"Fine. Today is the official press conference for the Shim Corporation remember? And you're supposed to be our representative there. Kyuhyun is at the verge of throwing me out of this building because I couldn't get to you. He even made me do his coffee. I mean, what am I? Geez! Anyway, you have to be here now." She rambled breathlessly.

She felt a twinge of guilt. "I can't go. Tell Kyuhyun to send someone else."

"Are you serious? What's wrong with you? Are you sick?" She could trace the worry in her voice.

"I'm okay. I just need to rest that's all."

"Do you want me to come over? I mean-" There was an abrupt sound in the other line and she heard Kyuhyun's voice.

"Yoona?"

"Hey, boss."

"You need to be at the conference, Yoona. You have to be there." His voice almost sounded stern.

"I'm sorry, Kyu. Can't you send someone else? I'm sure the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter