02. A surprise after another surprise.

유리(Yuri) Glass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

02. A surprise after another surprise.

(a surprise is never really just a surprise)

 

 

The day starts normally for Yoona. Work. Work. And more work. But she didn't mind, really. Not because she was used to it, but for some reason, she feels a change to it, only she can't figure out what did yet.

 

Shaking her head, she smiles. "It's perfect!" He probably won't even recognize himself on this one, she thinks still smiling.

 

"Hey, you're smiling too early of the day. Anything good lately, Yoona?"

 

"Oh, hey boss, it's nothing. I just finished another report. You know, that one article about the Shim? It's due tomorrow but I thought I'd finish it early" She says averting her eyes to her computer.

 

"Yeah, I know that report. I told Jessica to pass it to you." He frowns, "Yah, Kyuhyun! How many times do I have to tell you that? Calling me Boss makes it sound like I'm old. We're the same age."

 

She laughs and looks at him. "Ah, just a habit. Besides, you are my boss, right? Just a little young to be one, but I think you'll pass. Do you want to see it before I publish it?" 

 

"Aren't you a little genius? Next time I hear you calling me boss again... I'll add more work!" Kyuhyun exclaims childishly. "No it's fine, I trust you did your work. By the way, since you said you're pretty much free, how about a dinner tonight? My treat. I'd like for you to meet someone. You in?"

 

"A dinner? Your treat? Wow, this must be lucky day bo- Kyuhyun.." she giggles to herself. "Of course, I'm in. I never say no to free food! But who am I meeting?"

 

Kyuhyun laughs. "Of course, you don't. It's a surprise."

 

"Oh, come on! You know I hate surprises!" She frowns, last time I got one - it almost killed me.

 

"Which is why, I love them" Kyuhyun mocks, "You can invite Jessica to come too, that is, if she's all done with her reports, that woman is always last minute."

 

Yoona eventually nods with a smile. "I bet you she'll finish it all in no time if she hears about free food. We're the same species, you know."

 

"Yeah. I bet. Then everything is set! Let's all go together after work, yeah?"

 

"Uhm, sure."

 

 

Yoona doesn't want to be like glass. Not anymore. A see-through-it-all glass that is almost too predictable to everyone. A glass that is too fragile, too easy to break, and too damn vulnerable for everyone to hurt.

She used to be one, though.

 

"Yoona-ya, to me, you're like a glass."

 

"Why is that?"

 

"Because you're fragile and I want to protect you from breaking."

 

At that time, she didn't mind because it came from him. And all she believed is that as long as he's there shielding her, she didn't mind being vulnerable, at all.

 

She flinches sensing a small pat on her shoulder. Turning her head, Jessica smiled. "Are you day-dreaming again? We're here."

 

"Oh, sorry. Just tired." It's more like a nightmare.

 

They stop in front of a bar. "Hey, I thought you were treating us to a fancy restaurant, Kyuhyun-ah?" Jessica whines. Yoona giggles at her best friends shameless reaction.

 

"Yah, stop complaining. This is fancy! Wait till you get inside."

 

"Fine. Unlimited food is fine too, right?" Jessica smiles mischievously walking forward first "What? Going in or not?"

 

"Did she just say unlimited food? Is she a monster hiding in that damn thin body or something?" Jinwoon turned to Yoona for answers.

 

Yoona shrugged. "Trust me. She's a monster when it comes to food, so I suggest take out all the money you've got on your wallet, boss." She smiles, leaving Kyuhyun behind going through his wallet.

 

Looking around, it seemed like a decent bar. It wasn't the crowded type, which she liked better, and add to it is that there is decent music playing.

 

"I like this place, boss. How'd you find it?"

 

"Kyuhyun!" Yoona and Jinwoon spoke at the same time and they all laughed.

 

"Oops, sorry. Kyu. How'd you find this place again?"

 

"Oh, by my friend. He owns it. Your type of place, huh?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter