The Truth Untold

The Truth In A Song

 

     Although he never said so, Jimin had written Serendipity for Yoongi & Yoongi knew it. It was obvious. But he pretended he didn’t. He had to. Relationships aren’t exactly his thing. Yoongi was aware of the fact that he was all too good at saying the wrong thing at the wrong time & ruining everything. He was capable of breaking hearts without ever meaning to. And he never wanted to do that to Jimin. Jimin was more than precious to him. Jimin must be protected at all costs. Even from Yoongi himself. 

     Yoongi could ignore his feelings for Jimin’s sake. He had enough foresight to be able to discern just how badly things could end up, not just for Jimin & himself, but for all of BTS if things went wrong. And he couldn’t lose them. Those boys were closer to him than family. So he resolved to never let anyone see how he really felt. But as the months went by, the ache in his heart grew. His moods became worse & he felt like like he’d missed the greatest chance of his life. He was so miserable he felt as if he was no longer living, but merely existing. And he Hated it. Hated having the promise of happiness right there at his fingertips & still not being able to reach it. But most of all, he hated how Jimin’s smile faded a little faster each day. He knew it was his fault. And he regretted it. Deeply. But he felt as though he could not change it. He could not voice his thoughts. Could not express his feelings to the one he loved. So he did as he always does. He poured it all into his music. However, when the song was finished, he knew that it was not a rap. This melody was not supposed to be spit like fire from his own lips. This song was meant to be sung by the most beautiful voice he knew. The one it was written for: Jimin. But he could not be obvious about it. So he pitched the song to Namjoon for the BTS vocal line with one stipulation: No one must ever know that he was the one who had written it. Namjoon agreed because the song was beautiful. And, truthfully, because he knew who the song was meant for, though Yoongi had never told him a thing. They were best friends, after all. And Namjoon knew Yoongi well. 

     When Namjoon met with Jin, Jimin, Taehyung, & Jungkook to present the song to them, all 4 singers loved the idea of a special song that was all vocals, but they were also curious. 

     “Who wrote the song?” Kookie asked with interest. 

     “One of our producers wrote it,” Namjoon said elusively, & continued outlining the ideas for the score. 

     “That doesn’t tell me anything,” Kookie muttered in a slightly grumpy voice, but Namjoon ignored him. 

     “Can you at least tell us the title the song, Hyung?” Jimin asked. 

     Namjoon stopped what he was saying & Jimin thought he was about to be scolded for interrupting their leader’s detailed description of the music. But instead of admonishing him, Namjoon just looked at him with sad, knowing little smile & softly said, “Yes, Jimin. It is called The Truth Untold.”