The First and Final Chapter

The Most Precious Gift
Please log in to read the full chapter

"OMG Laura! You're so cute~" Laura chuckles as her friends pinch her cheeks and questions her a lot of things. Laura simply nods, getting used to all the praises from her own family, her best friends and even some random strangers. It cannot be denied that she is the wife of the one and only BTS's dancer, Park Jimin. Her short height actually makes her look cute and at the same time, it gives her a hard time to reach for things. Laura gives her friends a small smile and asked, "Why do you guys keep complimenting me like for... eight months?"

"Laura! We can't get over the fact that you look 100 times more adorable like this and your cheeks are getting a little chubby as well." Laura roll her eyes and one of her friends asked, "What do you think the baby's gender will be?"

"I bet 100 dollars because I know I will get it correct," a friend said. Laura sighs heavily and the friend continues, "She will have twins. Cute, adorable baby girls!"

"No!" Another friend protested. She looks at Laura and replied, "She will get two handsome, y baby boys."

"How do you even know if she's going to get twins, Samamtha? Nonsense! She will get triplets! Two boys, one girl." Laura chuckles by her friends' silly ideas and replied, "All of you are not even gods. How do you even predict the babies' genders?"

"We want it to make it fun! I'll bet 100K!" Laura laughs and - "I can't believe Jimin's wife is actually sick. Like seriously, she has a weak heart."

The group of girls turn and saw a group of high school girls chattering while ordering their drinks. A beautiful female student said, "That girl always go for heart surgery. Gosh! Why Jimin wants to support a b*tch like her who can't even ing live normally?"

"Normally? Ha! She's a real pain in the as*," another female student said and the laughs echoed in Laura's ears. Her best friend, Lily, cover Laura's ears and Laura mutters coldly, "Move your hands off from my ears. I'm hearing the conversation."

Lily obliged and the high school girls chatter. Another female student said, "Jimin oppa has no taste. Ugh! Why he would want some b*tch from the streets like her? He should had date me! Fabulous, rich and extravaganza!"

"Extravaganza, my feet," Laura's friend said. The girls look at them and they whisper to one another. Laura's other friend, Alexa, approaches the group of high school girls and take one of the girls' iced coffee and pours it one of the girls' hair. The girl shrieked and the other pulls Alexa. She slaps her and asked, "What the 's wrong with you?"

Alexa scoffs and smirks before touching the girl's jawline. She said as her hands move down to the girl's school bag, "You girls are truly a poison of an apple garden."

Alexa uses her ring to cut the bag and the girl's pirse falls to her hands. She smirks and said, "Better don't mess with me, young sh*t. By the way, thanks for the luxury you gave me."

Alexa walks away with the purse without the girl's knowledge and the friends stand. They help Laura up and leave the cafe. As they walk, Alexa takes out the money and Laura said, "You literally took it just like that."

"Why? Can't I? They deserve it." Laura laughs a bit and saw Jimin walking with V. She stops walking and Jimin looks at her before cracking a smile. He approaches her and hugs her before asking, "What are you doing here?"

"Walking around," Laura replied. Kate, Laura's friend, clears and the two of them break the hug. Kate said, "Sorry for disturbing but we have to go now. By the way, congrats for that baby!"

The girls leave and Jimin chuckles before he walks with Laura, holding hands and their fingers intertwine. They are walking around the big city of Seoul and Laura asked, "Do you have a name for our baby?"

"Hm... if it is a boy, I want to name him Jinho. If it is a girl, I want to name her La-mi." Laura chuckles and said, "Those are cute names."

Night-time. Laura is eating dinner with Jimin and her parents. They laugh and chatter around as they talk about the baby. Laura smiles and eats her food before drinking her water. She stands and excuses herself before walking to her bedroom located at the same floor as the dining room. She closes the door and walks to the window. She sits on the window couch and stares at the sky. She opens the window and cool breeze blows lightly on her face, entering the bedroom.

"Laura, aren't you tired?" Laura looks behind and flashes a warm smile to Jimin as he approaches her. They hug each other carefully and Jimin asked, "Why aren't you asleep yet?"

"I don't feel that tired yet," Laura replied. Jimin sighs heavily and nods. He asked, "What do you want to talk about before we go to bed?"

Laura pursed her lips and replied, "Nothing."

Jimin whines and Laura doesn't feel good. Her head starts spinning like crazy and she is suffocating. Her chest is in absolute pain and she fails to hid eher pain in front of Jimin. Jimin looks at her, worried and shocked at the same time before asking, "Laura, why are you acting like this? Are you okay?" Laura shakes her head and Jimin quickly leaves the room to inform Laura's parents.

~◇~◇~◇~

"Is Laura going to be okay, dad?" Jimin asked as he looks at his father-in-law. The father can only let out a deep sigh and the three of them wait patiently. For hours they wait and Jimin's mother-in-law is asleep. The doctor walks out from the operating theatre and Jimin stands. He asked, "How is my wife?"

"Your wife needs to to undergo a heart valve replacement surgery as soon as possible. If we didn't do this as soon as possible, you should prepare for her funeral then." Jimin's eyes widened and becomes shaky. He begs the doctor, "Please save my wife. Please."

"I'll try my best t- You must save her!" Jimin snapped. He grabs the doctor by the collar and said, "You need to save my wife or I will sue you if anything goes wrong."

"Jimin, stop it." Jimin let go of the doctor as his father-in-law said so. He leaves the hospital and gets inside his black BMW. He starts the engine and leaves, heading to the dorm in frustration and worry.

Meanwhile, the other BTS members are playing games in the living room. They cheer and some even groan because they lost the game. V looks at the time and asked, "Where the hell is Jimin? Gosh he's gonna get a whack on his as*."

"Nah, don't mind him. He is with his wife, Taehyung," J-Hope said with a slight slur on his intonation. Jungkook roll his eyes and said, "I'mma win again this time and you guys have to give me my price."

"I'm so high~" Jimin opens the door and the boys look at him. Jimin closes the door and Jin asked, "How are you?"

Jimin ignores Jin and the others as he walks to his room. He slams the door loudly and RM asked, "Did something happened to him?"

"I don't know," Suga replied boredly as he drinks another bottle of soju. He continued, "Ask him if you want but he won't give a when you ask him."

"You should go, grandpa," Jungkook said. Suga shoots him with a glare and J-Hope said, "We'll ask him tomorrow."

On the other hand, Jimin is crying in his bed. He shakes his head and kick the blankets before saying to himself, "Laura is strong. She is going to be fine. She is getting healthy. She won't give up easily."

Jimin break into tears as he imagines Laura lying in bed, sick. He cries loudly and said, "Don't think about that. She is going to be fine."

The next day, BTS members are practicing for their upcoming world tour in UK and US. Jimin can't even cope up and barely concentrate on anything. He keeps messing up the choreography and RM asked, "Are you okay?"

Jimin gets up and replies in a cold, harsh tone, "I'm fine."

They keep practicing and Jimin suddenly yells in frustration as he falls to the floor, shocking everyone. He gets up and mutters something under his breath. He said, "Let's start over."

BTS members do it again and Jimin starts to feel unimpressed. He throws his black cap on the floor and storms out from the room. V asks, "Is he okay?"

"I don't think so," Jin replied. He leaves the practice room after informing them that he going to talk to him. He walk downstairs and saw Jimin sitting at the stairs. He sits next to him and Jimin asked, "Why are you here?"

"You don't look fine. You keep scolding yourself the whole day and being so cold to us," Jin replied. Jimin sighs heavily and bite his lips. Jin hugs him and pats his back before saying, "You can tell me what's bottling you up. Let go the tension a bit."

Jimin finally break down in tears. He cries profusely and said, "Laura... Laura is... she needs... to get a... heart valve... replacement... surgery."

Jin gasps in shock and shushes Jimin. He holds Jimin's small hands and said, "Laura's going to be alright. I know she will."

Jimin looks at him and asked as he stops sobbing? "Do you think so?"

Jin nods and smiles before saying, "I can bring you to eat to cool yourself down for a moment. Let's go."

~◇~◇~◇~

Laura wakes up from her bed after her parents brought her back home. She sits properly and she winces in pain. She slowly gets up after wearing house slippers as she walks to the red curtains. She peeks a bit and saw a lot of people are in front of her house, protesting about her relationship wirh Jimin. How did she know? ARMY bombs could be spotted and all of the girls there wear the same type of shirt. ARMY

Please log in to read the full chapter