Attention

Rainy

"Park Jimin."

"Present." Jimin slightly raised her hand. For a second, their eyes met... 

But just as quickly, Jimin turned her head toward the windows and the strange connection between them disappeared. 

 

It was officially the beginning of summer. The air was heady with the smell of flowers, chalk, and an unknown excitement.   

Sometimes the wind came to play, stirring the white curtains of the room. 

A vibrant and happy season...

 

Feeling the wind caress her cheeks and tousel her hair, Jimin's eyes began to droop. A tiny smile pulled at the corners of . 

As if intoxicated, she placed her chin on her hands against the desk and took in a deep breath. 

'Thud!'

 

An unpleasant vibration traveled her arms and rattled her brain. 

In annoyance, her peaceful expression crumbled. 

"We've barely started the lecture." Jaebum murmured, pulling one of his sleeves up. 

 

'Sigh' Jimin flipped through the pages of her notebook until she found where they left off. 

Theories and tips about composing lyrics jumped out all too loudly. 

Jimin snorted, 'I can only discern ink from paper,'

Her eyes were on the book next to her notes, but she wasn't reading its content. 

A finger disturbed her view. 

Wasn't Yerin's. 

The nail was clipped short and the skin, slightly tanned.  

 

"You do know this isn't where we are, right? 

The stranger's finger turned the pages forward.

Jimin was mesmerized by the ring on it. She had one just like it somewhere. 

'What a cute looking hand for a grown man...'

 

It stopped turning at page 152 and the finger guided her sight to a paragraph in the middle. 

His hand briefly touched her head. 

He walked to the front of the class before calling, "Please read it loudly for us, Ms. Park." His eyes were daring her. 

She noticed that he was hiding a smile behind a fist. Suppressing the urge to walk out of the room she read the lines. 

 

Through rest of the period, he paced up and down her lane only. 

Each time, she caught a whiff of a new scent. It was demure but had a musky kick. 

It stirred an unfamiliar feeling in her, causing her to guard her eyes from him at all costs. 

 

"What is it?"

"What?"

"He basically circled you around for an hour. Don't tell me you didn't notice!"

Jimin frowned and buried her face on the table. 

But Yerin continued to poke fun at her. Finally, Jimin escaped the class, using the restroom as an excuse. 

 

"Seriously. If only he wasn't a teacher, I would make a move on him"

Jimin waved her away, not wanting to hear any more. 

 

Yerin pouted and pushed Jimin from the back. 

"Yes, yes. I know. When were you ever interested in a guy?"

"..."