I love you!

Can you smile?

 

SungYeol ran as fast as he could. He ran as if he was about to be killed by his chaser. There was only one destination in his head and he wanted so badly to reach there. He ran and ran and ran and he swore he could die but he didn’t want to die yet. He past the bus stand, he past the shop lots but the road seemed to be so endlessly long and he felt like he was being tricked by his own brain.

 

He reached for his phone in his pocket and dialed some numbers, waiting for someone to pick up.

 

Beep … beep…

 

“ing pick up your phone KIM MYUNGSOO” He yelled at the phone before he shut them back into his pocket. He began to looked around to see if he was in the right direction; please don’t do anything stupid, SungYeol thought in his head as he began to run again.

 

FIVE HOURS EARLIER.

 

“How’s L?” Hoya asked, looking all worried and concern. DongWoo was standing next to him with SungYeol in front of them. The three of them were in the hospital, waiting for MyungSoo in the check up room. The rest of INFINITE was still out for their schedule of the day.

 

When SungYeol came home that evening, he found MyungSoo in the kitchen’s floor unconscious with blood coming out from his nose. He panic that he didn’t even bother to call for anyone but to carry MyungSoo on his back to the hospital himself. When MyungSoo was being checked up by the doctor and nurses, he called DongWoo and Hoya since they finished their schedule together. He urgently asked them to come to the hospital and told them about MyungSoo’s condition.

 

SungYeol shook his head “He’s still inside there” He answered Hoya “Ugh, he should’ve gone to the clinic days ago…”

 

DongWoo and Hoya looked confused “What do you mean? What is wrong with him?”

 

“He told me and SungJong that he’s been having this headache since the day he came back from Japan” SungYeol explained, sitting down on the bench before he ruffled with his own hair “AHH, I AM SUCH A BAD HYUNG”

 

“You’re a bad Hyung…” DongWoo scoffed “I don’t even know he was not feeling well and I sleep in the same room as him”

 

Hoya nodded, patting DongWoo’s back “It’s okay. Let’s just wait for the doctor to come out. Have you call SunGyu Hyung and the rest?”

 

SungYeol shook his head…

 

45 minutes later SungYeol ended up waiting outside of the room with Hoya since DongWoo went outside to talk on the phone with their manager. When the doctor came out from the check up room, both SungYeol and Hoya went to him, asking if MyungSoo was okay.

 

The doctor looked at them worriedly “He didn’t take his medicine thus his sickness gets a little worst”

 

“His sickness… What do you mean?” Hoya asked, crooking his face as he was a little confused.

 

“Oh, Mr. Kim is facing a very serious brain tumor. I gave him some sort of medicine before his departure to Japan but I didn’t think he took any of them” the doctor said full heartedly “He’s going to have to stay here for a day or two”

 

“Okay. Thanks doctor” Hoya said, bowing before the doctor walked away. He then turned to SungYeol who looked like he was about to past out “Yeol… are you okay?”

 

SungYeol didn’t respond. He was too shocked to do so. Brain tumor… he was not expecting that. He looked up at Hoya “Hyung… I… brain tumor… what… how…”

 

Hoya pulled SungYeol into a brotherly hug and patted his shoulder “I know… I know… I was not expecting this either”

 

“Why didn’t he tell us about his condition?”

 

“You know how MyungSoo is…” Hoya assured, feeling slightly uncomfortable as he had to tilt his feet to hold the tall boy “He’s quiet and very secretive. You said so yourself that he can’t be heard even when he walk past you at night in the dark”

 

SungYeol shook his head. When DongWoo came, Hoya explained everything to the older boy. DongWoo stood in front of them with his mouth hang open before his brain preceded his action. The three of them then went into the room where MyungSoo was. When they got in, Hoya and DongWoo decided to buy some food for SungYeol since he hadn’t had his lunch yet that day.

 

SungYeol was then left alone with MyungSoo who was lying on the hospital’s bed unconsciously. The tall boy was sitting by the bed when he saw MyungSoo’s fingers moved a little before his eyes began to flutter open.

 

“L, you’re awake” SungYeol said happily. He took the younger boy’s hand but MyungSoo pulled his hand back, turning to the other side of the bed. SungYeol didn’t understand. Did he do something wrong? “Yah… Kim MyungSoo…”

 

“Go away” MyungSoo said. It was more like a whisper but SungYeol could hear him well.

 

SungYeol was taken aback by the sudden respond from MyungSoo. Why was he being so cold towards him? “Yah… don’t be like that. You are sick. Let me take care of you. Do you want to eat anything? I’ll ask Hoya Hyung to buy something for you too” he offered.

 

MyungSoo however kept quiet, ignoring SungYeol’s offer as his back faced the other boy’s face. He didn’t move even an inch to confirm the other boy that he was still alive.

 

“MyungSoo…” SungYeol called, touching his shoulder to make him lie down properly.

 

“Go away SungYeol” he whispered. There was something different with his voice “Leave”

 

SungYeol kept quiet but he stayed with the other boy anyway. He patted MyungSoo’s shoulder, cooing soft assuring words softly before he heard a sniff coming from the sick boy.

 

“I’m going to die soon am I?” MyungSoo asked, sobbing a little.

 

SungYeol sighed “No… you are not going to die. It’s just a tumor L. They can remove it. It’s 2012 now” he assured "They have all type of technology that can remove it..."

 

“But it hurt so much” he told “I felt like I was dying”

 

“You were just imagining things” SungYeol told him.

 

MyungSoo turned to SungYeol and dragged the tall boy into bed with him. He held onto him like his life was depending on him. He sobbed into SungYeol’s chest softly as if he wanted to hide the fact that he was crying “I… I’m scared”

 

SungYeol returned the hold and captive MyungSoo with him as tight as he could “Don’t be. The other Hyung, me and SungJong will be with you. We’ll call your mum and let her know about this”

 

“NO!” He said all of the sudden “Don’t tell her… don’t ever…”

 

“Okay, okay” SungYeol was disagreeing with the idea but he decided to discuss with the younger boy later. After a while, MyungSoo stopped sobbing and got a little calmer than before in SungYeol’s arms. SungYeol received a text and checked his phone.

 

‘Yeol, all of us are outside. Come out for a moment… manager Hyung has something to tell us’ a text from SunGyu read in front of him.

 

SungYeol let go of MyungSoo and carefully tucked him into the blanket safely. He didn’t know why he did it but he kissed the top of MyungSoo’s head and the boy’s hair a little before he left. When he saw the other INFINTE’s members, he walked up towards them.

 

“How’s L?” SunGyu, the leader asked.

 

“He’s sleeping”

 

Manager Hyung suddenly cleared his throat and came forward, centering the boys “Guys… I just spoke to the doctor” SungYeol felt his heart thumping crazily “MyungSoo needs a surgery to remove that tumor or it might gets more dangerous soon. It’s getting bigger and bigger and it does make his blood circulation becoming all messed up. That’s why he collapsed today” he explained.

 

“What will happen if we don’t proceed with the surgery right away?” SunGyu asked worried.

 

“He might… have lesser time to live” Manager Hyung murmured softly.

 

They sat at the waiting area for a moment, discussing if they should call for MyungSoo’s parents. It was not long until a nurse came to them with a worried facial “Excuse me but where is the patient in that room? Weren’t you with him?” she asked, referring to SungYeol.

 

“Oh, he’s sleeping. He should be there” SungYeol replied.

 

“Um… sir… there’s nobody in that room”

 

All of the INFINITE’s members looked at her instantly “WHAT?”

 

SungYeol got up from his seat and went straight into the room. The nurse was right… there was no one in the room except for the bed and couches. He went to the closet to check if MyungSoo’s stuffs were still there and indeed they were not. His clothes however were still there but his jackets weren’t there anymore.

 

He wanted to scream for his mum or anyone really but a phone call stopped him. He checked the caller ringtone and felt relief when ‘L’ written on the screen “Yah, where are you?”

 

A sigh was heard in the line before MyungSoo spoke “Hyung…” he called “You lied” he sounded like he was crying. The sound of the wind blowing around him made the line a little blurry.

 

“What? What are you talking about? Where are you MyungSoo? Please… don’t… do anything reckless” SungYeol said, walking out of the room and began to search around the hallway.

 

“You said I was not going to die” MyungSoo sobbed “You lied”

 

“YOU ARE NOT” SungYeol said, half screaming “Where are you? I will come and get you”

 

MyungSoo swallowed and sniffed “No… If I’m going to die I might as well do it now” he told SungYeol “It won’t be that bad right Hyung?”

 

SungYeol’s eyes went out of its sockets when he heard what MyungSoo said “No do not do anything stupid. Stay where you are… I will track your phone right now”

 

The phone line suddenly went off and when SungYeol tried to call the number again, the operator told him that the person’s phone is either off or not active at the moment. He ran towards the other member and panted “Guys… I think L is going to kill himself”

 

DongWoo and Hoya were having the shock of their life when they heard that. SungJong and the rest of the band members followed manager Hyung to search for MyungSoo all around the hospital while Hoya and DongWoo waited around in case MyungSoo came back to his room. SungYeol decided to go outside to look for MyungSoo by himself.

 

He looked all around the park nearby the hospital, the convenient store and more but there was no sight of MyungSoo. He bummed into few fans but choose to ignore them instead because he had MyungSoo filled in his head.

 

“SUNGYEOL OPPA” The fans screamed, startling the tall boy “Oppa where are you going?!” they asked.

 

SungYeol fake a smile, ignoring them, nodding a little before he continued to walk ‘MyungSoo… just… come on…’ he begged in his head.

 

“Eh what a coincidence….! I bumped into L oppa too just now” one of the girls around SungYeol said “He looked ill though. Is he okay SungYeol oppa?”

 

SungYeol wanted to ignore her but when he heard MyungSoo’s nick name being said by the girl, he looked at her; more like death glare “Where? Where did you see him? Was he okay?”

 

“Oh, he was walking in hospital’s pajamas and jacket. He rode a cab and poof… disappeared. Why? Are you searching for him?”

 

The whole world is looking for him; SungYeol wished he could say “Yes… do you have any idea of where the cab might be going?”

 

All of those girls shrugged “He said something about going home” she mumbled unsure.

 

And then it hit SungYeol…

 

“If I’m sick, don’t send me to the hospital. Even if I’m in the middle of dying, let me die at home. I don’t want to stay in the hospital. It’s creepy and stink” MyungSoo said to SungYeol when they were jogging together weeks before their debut.

 

“YES” SungYeol exclaimed. He thanked his fans and began to run.

 

That was how he ended up running again after he pocketed his phone in his pocket. He wanted so badly to reach around their dorm because he wanted to make sure MyungSoo was alright. SungYeol stopped in the middle of the road all of a sudden because a cab was about to hit him straight. His heartbeat rose and he waved his hands in front of the cab, signing that he was getting in.

 

“Sir, are you alright?” the nice cab driver asked as SungYeol breathlessly made his way into the cab.

 

SungYeol shook his head “Please… please just drive” he instructed, telling the cab driver the dorm’s location. He urged the cab driver to drive faster. When the cab stopped in front of the apartment block, he paid and got the hell out of the cab before he started running into the apartment building.

 

SungYeol didn’t bother to wait for the elevator as he barged into the emergency stairs and climbed up the building like he was being chased by a ghost. He wanted to scream at the top of his lungs for MyungSoo. He didn’t know why but he must get to MyungSoo. If MyungSoo ended up doing anything stupid, he scared he would lose him forever…

 

No… He can’t let that to happen…

 

When he reached the familiar floor, his feet felt like they were about to fall off. He however forced his feet to walk towards his dorm’s door and unlocked it before he got in, breathing hard and calling out for MyungSoo’s name…

 

He saw a ball of figure lying on the cold floor in the living area. The figure was wearing the pajamas that he remembered only hospital patients would wear. He took a few steps forward before he fell next to the figure, holding the person with tears flowing out of his eyes.

 

MyungSoo moved a little when he felt someone’s holding him “SungYeol Hyung” he called.

 

SungYeol didn’t say anything but kept on holding the younger boy “You stupid Kim MyungSoo” SungYeol scolded “Do you know how worried I was?” he asked.

 

MyungSoo didn’t bother to do anything and let SungYeol to hold on to him like he was his “Hyung… I’m scared”

 

SungYeol let go of MyungSoo and looked at him straight in the eyes “I KNOW YOU ARE SCARED” He yelled “I AM SCARED TOO! WHAT IF YOU DECIDED TO DO ANYTHING STUPID?! DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT LESS OF ME L?”

 

“Hyung…”

 

“I… we’ll figure out how to cure that sickness of yours”

 

“But I heard… I heard what the manager Hyung told you”

 

“SCREW WHAT HE SAID! I WILL NOT LET ANYONE TO TAKE YOU AWAY FROM ME OKAY?” SungYeol once again speak too loud and made himself sounded as if he was scolding MyungSoo instead “I am not mad… I just… I love you”

 

I love you…

 

“HYUNG” MyungSoo called, pushing SungYeol off him “You can’t… you can’t love me”

 

SungYeol’s brows crooked inwards “Why not?”

 

“I’m a sick person… you don’t love me. You pity me. Stop…”

 

SungYeol leaned forward and pecked MyungSoo’s lips “Is that enough to convince you that I love you?” he asked “Or do you need more?” SungYeol once again leaned forward and captured MyungSoo’s lips fully this time. He kissed the younger boy like it was the last thing he’s going to do. There was no tongue; only lips to lips but MyungSoo felt so light headed like everything was going to be okay. He was too shocked to respond to the kiss at first but after a while, he gave in and kissed SungYeol back.

 

After a minute… or two… maybe three or more; they didn’t keep a track both boys pulled apart and they could feel each other’s breath on their own lips. SungYeol pulled MyungSoo into his embrace and patted the boy’s hair “I love you… so don’t ever mention about you dying again” he mumbled “Now can you smile?”

 

MyungSoo nodded, feeling so loved and mattered once again. He smiled, feeling a little hot on his cheeks. He snuggled into SungYeol’s arms and held the older boy’s closer to him “SungYeol Hyung” he called.

 

“Yes”

 

“I love you too”

 

And that was the best thing that ever happened in his life, SungYeol decided.   

 

 

 

 

 

p/s: I watched too much korean drama -.- I admit! LOL. K. Ima go crawl into the hole and procrastinate.