I Want You Back

Not A Second Time

A tall girl with short blonde her entered the school halls, running, looking for a certain Japanese girl. He went from hall to hall and even some classrooms until she abruptly was forced to stop to catch her breath. “Where must she be?” She mentally said. “You’re looking for her, aren’t you?” Someone said behind her which caused the later to jump and face the bunny teethed girl. “Who?” Jeongyeon innocently asked. Nayeon just raised both her eyebrows to the blonde and said “Who? Well, then my answer will be ‘who else?’’’ then playfully punched Jeongyeon’s shoulder. Jeongyeon still played dumb and answered “I don’t know.” Then shook her head. The older girl just glared at her then sighed.

 

 

“I know you still love her that’s why you’re looking for her.” Nayeon said. Jeongyeon was about to say something but she was cut off by the older saying something else. “That’s why you never really got back with Mina even if she was your first love.” Jeongyeon sighed then looked down. “You’re-“ Jeongyeon was immediately cut off by the bunny again saying “Right! I’m right! I’m always right.”

 

 

“Now go!” She said, pushing Jeongyeon away. “Where? I can’t even find her” Jeongyeon said then frowned which made Nayeon laugh. “Jeongyeon. Its 7:30. 1 hour before Momo’s class. Where do you think she’ll be?” She asked. The blonde just shrugged then immediately defended herself from the older hitting her over and over again. “The locker of course! Go now!”

 

 

Jeongyeon immediately ran to the hall where Momo’s locker was located until she spotted the black haired, Japanese girl. “Ya! Momoring!” She called as she saw Momo getting her books from her locker with her bestfriend, Sana, beside her. Due to the far distance, Momo did not hear her, or atleast pretended not to until Jeongyeon walked closer, hearing the Japanese best friends talk about a girl.

 

 

“I don’t know Momo..I think I like her. Heck! I might be inlove with her!” Sana said, blushing and fanning herself using both of her hands as they continue to talk about this certain girl. “Momoring!” Jeongyeon says again. Immediately, the smile on the Japanese bestfriends were gone as they faced the blonde with a blank expression on their faces. As fast as a snap, the confidence running through Jeongyeon’s body was washed away and was replaced by fear and nervousness.

 

 

“. What happened Yoo Jeongyeon?! You practiced your lines earlier, I knew what I was gonna say but why did I forget all of the sudden?” She mentally said. The Japanese duo were waiting impatiently as the blonde was not saying anything, but was just looking at the floor.

 

 

Jeongyeon’s heart started beating rapidly as she was nervous and basically, the love of her life was standing in front of her. “What do you want?” Momo asked with a monotone voice, obviously not wanting to talk to the Korean because of what happened 2 months ago.

 

 

Jeongyeon stood up from the couch, walking over to the front door as she heard the doorbell ringing. “Must be Momo.” She muttered to herself. As she opened the door, she was greeted by a smiling Japanese in Jeongyeon’s hoodie and a contained of Jokbal in her hand. “Momoring!” She greeted with a fake excited tone and let her in, Momo not forgetting to give Jeongyeon a peck on her lips as she got in. Jeongyeon hated skinship and pda before but not until Momo came. But now, she is starting to hate it again.

 

 

“So you called me to come over?” The Japanese asked, smiling widely at her. “Yup!” Jeongyeon said, feeling nervous. “Why exactly?” Momo asked with one of her eyebrow raised. “Does my Jeongyeonnie miss me?” She added, her lips forming into a smirk, teasing the blonde by pocking her cheeks. But the latter was serious. She just answered “I need to talk to you.”, intensely looking at Momo which made the peach’s teasing look fade away that was replaced by a soft and concerned one. “Aww. What’s wrong Jeongyeonnie?” Momo asked, cupping both of her hands to the Korean’s cheeks.

 

 

Jeongyeonnie.

 

 

“I-uhm”

 

 

“Go on. I’ll be here for you. Whatever happens. I promise you.” Momo said as she wrapped her arms around her girlfriend’s neck, making both their foreheads touch.

 

 

“This is gonna be harder than I thought” Jeongyeon mentally said.

 

 

“I want…”

 

 

“You…what?”

 

 

“I’m sorry Momo.”

 

 

“What? What for?” Momo asked, confusion written all over her face, dropping her arms to her side.

 

 

“I-“ Jeongyeon sighed. “I’m sorry because….” Jeongyeon looked at Momo in the eye then at the floor. “I can’t do this anymore.”

 

 

“What?” Momo asked. “What do you mean?” She continued, tears threatening to spill in her eyes, her heart feeling like it was stabbed, confusion written on her face still.

 

 

“I’m breaking up with you”

 

 

 

 

“Can I talk to you?” Jeongyeon asked, pretending she was cool and confident, but on the inside, he wanted to explode and just sink on the floor. Like she ate a thousand of butterflies that had bombs and fireworks about to blast off in her stomach as she was nervous as crazy.

 

 

“You both are talking now so-“ Sana said but was cut off by Momo.

 

 

“No.” She sternly said, giving the Korean a cold and intense glare.

 

 

“Momo please!” Jeongyeon begged. This was literally that 27th time she asked Momo to talk in a matter of a week.

 

 

“Ya! Didn’t you hear what she said? Do you want me to-“ Sana said but was again cut off.

 

 

“No.”

 

 

“Please! I just really want to talk to you!” Jeongyeon said with her voice cracking, tears forming into her eyes, threatening to fall.

 

 

“Ya! Didn’t you know that you don’t always get what you want! Momo literally said-“ Again, Sana was cut off.

 

 

“Ugh! Fine! But only in one condition!” Momo said, clearly annoyed. The eyes that belonged to the Korean blonde suddenly lit up, her lips forming into a smile, as she wipes her tears with the back of her hand, waiting for the Japanese to say the condition.

 

 

“You leave me alone and don’t bother me anymore. You don’t show your face to me anymore. Arasso?”

 

 

Jeongyeon’s smile vashishes and the light in her eyes was gone. “What? No!” She nagged. “Why does the condition have to be like that?”

 

 

“Ya! You want to talk or not?!” Momo answered back.

 

 

“Momo please! Why does the condition have to be like that? Can’t you-“

 

 

“We talk and you leave me alone, or we don’t talk at all. That’s it.”

 

 

“Fine! Meet me at the swings! 5:15 pm.” Jeongyeon said annoyed, walking away and heading to his next class.

 

 

“You sure about this Momoring?” Sana asked which only earned a nod from her friend.

 

 

“Talk.” Momo sternly said as she looked at the girl who broke her heart, with the same expression earlier at the lockers.

 

 

“Listen. I-“ Jeongyeon was then cut off.

 

 

“Yeah I’m listening.”

 

 

“Okay so-“ Jeongyeon was cut off again.

 

 

“What’s so important anyway that you wanted to talk to me?” Momo suddenly asked followed by an eye roll.

 

 

“Because I-“ cut off again.

 

 

“You know what? I have homework to do and I’m gonna meet Sana and Jihyo –“

 

 

“MOMO JUST LISTEN TO ME FOR A MINUTE!” Jeongyeon said with a raised tone that it made Momo shut and glare at the Korean.

 

 

“I want you back.” Jeongyeon straightforwardly said (or gayforwardly kekeke) which made Momo widen her eyes, as shocked look forming in her face.

 

 

“Yeah..how about a no?”

 

 

“Momo-“

 

 

“Shut up Jeongyeon!” Momo stood up, faced Jeongyeon, and sighed. “I can’t have you back. I’m sorry”

 

 

“Why?”

 

 

“Why what?”

 

 

“Why can’t you have me back”

 

 

“…”

 

 

“Answer me Momo”

 

 

“…”

 

 

“Momo-“

 

 

“Because I don’t want to, Jeongyeon”

 

 

“But Momo-“

 

 

“No! Stop!”

 

 

“…”

 

 

“Not a second time Jeongyeon. Not a second time.” Momo said then started walking away, leaving the Korean crying alone at the swing, where they first met each other.