baby baby

Baby, baby. Why'd you leave me?

Mino sits at the bar, his back slouched and eyes staring at his shot glass. His eyes looked sad, his lips straight with a slight frown that was visible if you looked long enough. He sighed, downed the shot, and let his head hang low. Mino's eyes slowly closed and he could feel himself getting ready to start crying. 

Why won't that song ing end, already? he thought. 

What pained him even more was her name.

Melody.

He could hear her name just about everywhere—his playlist for work, the songs on the radio, the sound of cars' engines rumbling as they drove by, this goddamn song playing in the bar. 

He couldn't figure out where they went wrong. They sometimes argued like a normal couple and made up a couple of hours after, they never kept secrets from each other—or he at least hoped they didn't. The two would always spend time together and were always there for each other. Mino kept thinking and he thought hard at that, but still could not figure out why she left.

He started to wonder if it was because they were with each other too much

"Three years," he mumbled to himself. "Three ing years... Thrown away... Just like that."  Mino slowly shook his head and leaned over to take his wallet out of his back pocket, and slapped a 50 dollar bill down on the counter for the bartender. "Keep the change," he said as he strut away. 

The song came to an end right as he walked out, but the tune stuck with him. He ended up lookng the song up on his phone to listen to it again. Walking down to the corner store, he went inside to buy a pack of cigarettes and squat down outside as he smoked one, listening to the song as he did. His lips were slightly puckered and he found himself bopping his head along to the song. Besides, the song wasn't half bad.

Sliding out one more cigarette from the box, he lit it and listened to the song again.

It felt sad, but he didn't feel sad anymore. He felt more like his normal self before he and Melody started dating. 

Within a few more minutes, Mino finally stood back up to make his way back to his apartment.

He had a cute dog waiting for him at home anyways.

you, Melody.