Chapter One

Forever With Each Other

The first time Hanbin and Bobby had met was in 2011, Bobby having entered the company a week after the younger.

They were both unpresented at the time, Hanbin being 15 and Bobby a year his elder.

Hanbin was going over his dancing alone in the corner of the practice room, the other trainees too afraid to approach the younger pretty boy with the intense glare and regal aura.

The door opened and attracted their attention, Hanbin barely glancing up before dismissing the event.

A new boy walked in, followed by a mentor. The mentor stood at the front of the room and placed a hand on the unnamed boy’s shoulder. “Kids,” he raised his voice, making sure he had their attention before nodding, “This is Bobby. He’s a new trainee that’ll be joining us.”

Bobby took a step forward and bowed, his voice deep and words slightly accented, “I recently came from the U.S. Please take care of me!” He looked up and smiled, his eyes crinkling kindly as he grinned, showing off his bunny teeth.

His natural charm had the rest of the room occupants smiling back at him, with the exception of Hanbin. Hanbin had looked up when he heard that deep, rumbling voice and he stared at the newcomer, transfixed.

Bobby mingled in with the others, easily making friends before he met the piercing look of the only boy who hadn’t greeted him back. His breath hitched and he asked the group, eyes never leaving Hanbin’s, “Who’s the guy in the corner?”

An older Alpha trainee followed his gaze before wincing, turning back towards Bobby with a sympathetic look, “That’s Kim Hanbin. He’s one of the youngest trainees here, but also the scariest. I wouldn’t try my luck if I were you. Nobody’s managed to break through his walls.”

Bobby let out a short, breathless laugh, still captivated by the beautiful intensity of the mentioned boy. “You guys just haven’t tried hard enough,” he replied back absentmindedly, taking quick steps towards Hanbin and stopping directly in front of him, leaving scant inches between them.

He held out a hand, smiling softly. “I’m Kim Jiwon,” he introduced himself, waiting patiently for Hanbin to say something.

Hanbin raised an eyebrow, carefully putting his smaller and softer hand into Bobby’s. “Kim Hanbin. I thought you said your name was Bobby?”

“Jiwon’s my real name,” Bobby explained, “but everyone just calls me Bobby. It’s nice to meet you, Hanbin.”

Hanbin looked at him closely, tilting his head with an unreadable look on his face. He softened minutely and smiled back shyly. “Nice to meet you, too.”

“How old are you?” Bobby asked, eager to know more about the boy everyone seemed to fear.

“I was born in 1996. I’m fifteen right now.”

“Oh!” Bobby exclaimed excitedly, not noticing he was gripping Hanbin’s hand tighter.

“I’m your hyung then! I was born in 1995, Bin-ah!” Hanbin let out a light chuckle at the new nickname, Bobby savoring the pretty sound.

He didn’t know it then, but he would come to associate everything Hanbin did as pretty (even when he was in his most furious state).

“Let’s be good friends, Hanbin-ah!” Bobby grinned, looking at the younger expectantly.

Hanbin nodded, “Okay, Bobby-hyung.”

“Call me Jiwon-hyung,” he insisted, not sure why he wanted Hanbin calling him to be special.

Hanbin’s lips dropped into a plush ‘O’, surprised widening his eyes. “Okay, Jiwon-hyung,” he replied sweetly, smiling at him.

They looked at one another, both already subconsciously realizing they had met their other half at this very moment.

From then on, they were attached at the hip and rarely seen apart from one another. Anything they could do as a duo, they did. They had their own world and, no matter how many friends they made, no one else was allowed in.

Bobby was content to be at Hanbin’s side, making sure nothing bad happened to Hanbin while also being the only one capable of calming him down when his anger grew too cruel.

Their little world of two expanded when Bobby introduced Kim Jinhwan to Hanbin, eagerly showing off the tiny elder to his other half. Hanbin was cautious, but eventually Jinhwan’s soft care and fondness for the duo melted the ice around Hanbin’s heart and he was let in.

As time passed, their world of three kept growing until it was six, all three of the younger kids unofficially adopted by Triple Kim, as the trio was dubbed by the other trainees.

Hanbin was the undisputed leader and everyone conceded to him. He had a rare, natural leadership that wasn’t in anyone else and held the respect of everyone around him. It wasn’t until Jinhwan turned 18 and presented that that position was challenged.

Everyone, even Jinhwan himself, was convinced he'd be an Omega. With his petite frame, sweet voice, kind personality, and pretty face, he was the ideal Omega. Yet, to everyone's surprise, he presented as an Alpha.

Although Jinhwan tried to control himself, his wolf rejected the idea of following someone unpresented and, as he was still new and inexperienced, Jinhwan was unable to hold back his wolf's emotions and started to constantly challenge Hanbin's authority.

Their relationship grew strained, the others holding their breath whenever Hanbin and Jinhwan were in the same room together.

With Jinhwan as the only one presented, and an Alpha, no one else in the group could interfere even if they wanted to. Especially Bobby, who hated to see his closest friends always at odds with one another.

Although he adored Jinhwan, he always defended Hanbin when Jinhwan got too harsh, but even he couldn't do much, as he was also unpresented.

Eventually it got to the point where Hanbin couldn't stand it anymore. he knew Jinhwan wouldn't try to fix it, so it fell upon him to right everything.