Chapter XVI

In The Sky

"Lisa, i think that's too much alcohol. You're not the best at drinking. You know that."

Chaeyoung held her wrist to stop her from getting more. Lisa turned to her with tired eyes,

"Please, Chaeng... just this time. I won't run away from you guys. Just let me do this."

Chaeyoung looked at Jennie, who only sighed and nodded. She let go of Lisa's hand.

"Okay, but you can drink at your dorm."

"No... i want to drink outside. I want to drink and be under the night sky. You know how the stars comfort me." She smiled bitterly.

When they got out of the convenience store, they were all surprised to see Joy standing across the street.

"What are you doing here?" Jennie said.

"I don't know either. I just followed Lisa after her performance." Lisa shrugged and continued walking, "Join me for a drink, Joy."

Lisa's best friends sat by the swings while the girl and Joy were on the grass, downing the drinks one by one (except for Joy who's still holding her first can).

Lisa was giggling, reaching out her arm to the sky, as if she could touch the stars.

"Pretty. Too pretty..."

She grabbed her 7th can, drinking it all down, beer leaking at the sides of , streaming down her chin.

When it was all empty, she stared at it. "Empty already? Huh, it's like me." She pointed at it, showing it to Joy while laughing. The girl only frowned at her.

Joy stopped her when she was about to get another can from the bag, "that's enough, Lisa. It's time to go home."

"Already? But the sun isn't up yet. I wanna see my sunshine!" she slurred, letting herself fall down on the ground with arms wide open.

She abruptly got up from the ground and tried to balance herself. Joy immediately got up and followed the girl who was swaying out of drunkenness.

"I know where my sunshine is... I'll go there. Yes..." she mumbled to herself.

Her best friends grabbed their stuff and followed.

"Lisa, come on. Just get in the car. We'll go home." Jennie called out from the window.

Lisa just ignored her as she walked down the street, humming the tune to You Are My Sunshine repeatedly.

"Lisa, get in the car, you ." Chaeyoung whined.

"We can't because.." Lisa surveyed the area and stopped in front of a gate, "we're here!"

"Jisoo-ah! Hey sunshine, I'm here!" She started shouting and shaking the gate.

"Holy " Chaeyoung and Joy pulled her from the gate, but Lisa had a strong grip to it.

"Jisoo-ah!!!"

"Jisoo! Come out, I have to tell you something!" She continued, "I tried drinking to forget" *hiccup* "but I can't! I think- the heart remembers!"

She stopped shaking the gate so her friends let her stand there, seeing she wouldn't be letting go soon.

Jennie saw the door open slightly, but no one came out. Lisa didn't know, so she continued talking, slurring her words.

"I think I can't do that... i know I said I'll do anything for you..." she started sobbing.

"But i don't think I can forget you that easy. I-I'm sorry."

"I just loved, Jisoo. It's not something to be sorry about, right?" She turned to her friends to get some support "Right, Chaeng? Nini??" Chaeyoung wiped the tear on her cheek and nodded.

"See? They agree!" Lisa started whimpering.

"I just ing love you. Damn it!"

"I can do that right?" Her voice became soft, but everyone can still hear her. "I can love you still, even if you don't. It's not like I can stop these feelings anytime soon..." She pouted.

"I don't know what you want or what you're thinking. I'm still hoping you'll tell me."

Lisa leaned on the cold bars, her tears blurring her sight and her head starting to spin.

"Let me love you, even if loving you hurts" she hit her chest with her fist, "this" again, "much" and again. She slowly slid down, kneeling on the ground. Joy pulled her in for a hug.

"Jisoo, I miss you so much." She breathed heavily, letting Joy support her body. "I'm not going anywhere, okay? Don't miss me too much. Look at the sky and I'll be there." She chuckled bitterly, pointing at the stars.

"You're still my sun... Please don't take my sunshine away."

Lisa let her friends lead her to the car. Chaeyoung looked back at the little opening at the front door, hoping the girl behind it listened to her best friend.

Once the car started moving, Jisoo went out and watched them leave, with tears in her eyes.