New 17

New town, New life, Mafia love

Taemin

------------------

 

Right there and then, I thought I was going to die with the gun pointing right at my forehead. But then again, since I'm dying, that's no difference right?

My head was aching again and everything was in a blur. The world was spinning in front of me and I can't seem to keep my eyes open anymore. I heard Yeeyeon's whining and hyun's shouting too but I can't really comprehend what they were saying. I just hear noise, that's all.

"Goodbye," Lee teuk's voice seemed to stand out among the noises. Was it because he was close to me? Or was it because he was the one that was going to end my life?

And the next moment, I black-out.

 

 

"Excuse me,"

What is this?

"Do you know where unit 95 is?"

What? Unit 95? Isn't that used to be Yeeyeon's house?

"Yah, I'm talking to you...!" And she stared solemnly at me.

What is this? This scene looks so familiar. Ah...this was when we first met.

"Yah. That's plenty of seats in front, why can't you sit there?"

Ah, this was when she was sitting in my seat the first day she went to school. And I'm bastard enough to actually ask her for my seat back. I mean, I'm Lee Taemin right? No one takes my seat.

"Lee Taemin, no need to pretend. I know she's not. I know your story."

"I'm not pretending, she's really my girl."

And this was when we went and confront the Mask gang...and it was when I kissed her for the first time.

"YAH LEE TAEMIN DO YOU ING KNOW HOW PAINFUL IS YOUR GRIP?!"

"YAH CAN YOU ING STOP YELLING?"

"And you're a girl; don't use the word '' all the time."

Ha...this. I remember this was when Mir and Thunder tried to take Yeeyeon away from us and she was actually so dumb she didn't know anything bad about them.

"Hi Taemin." She squeezed out a smile.

"Don't smile; it's obvious that you cried. Cry in me, don't bear with the tears." I hugged her.

When was this? Wait, it was the time when she cried...what was the reason again? Hyun?

"Thank you."

"Thank you for?" I wrapped my arms around her waist.

"For everything. For being there for me when I need you, when I need your comfort and hugs..."

Should I smile because she appreciated when I'm always there for her or should I cry because that's all I will ever do? Why is all the past coming back in my mind right now? Am I dead already? Must I think of her even after I was dead? All the memories seemed to be her image and I'm like manipulated by her the whole time.

"HYUN OPPA...” Screams came from her bedroom and I rushed to her, her tears were all over her face and her little body just could not stop trembling. I couldn't help but to hug her in my embrace.

What is it now? When hyun leaves her? When I was assigned to be her guardian and only her guardian?

She looked at me with apologetic eyes, hinting me that she was eager to say sorry. I thought for a while, the slap last night? And then I smiled to myself, so she's the type that applies medicine for someone right after she hit them? I laughed to myself and then realizing... How come she's not talking?

"Yeeyeon, talk to me," I demanded. She stared at me and her grip on my shirt never release.

No, stop it. I don't want to see her anymore.

"Go ahead and slash me if it's all you want as long you don't hurt her," I lowered my voice and closed my eyes.

Without warning, Lee joon slashed me on my left shoulder causing me to groan a little. I opened my eyes and looked at Yeeyeon who's sobbing terribly now.

Stop...seriously.

"Ahh, I get it," I chuckled, "Yeeyeon, will you marry me?" I smiled.

Her piercing stare soon became a gentle one, she nodded.

Hey...is there no end to it?

"Goodnight Yeeyeon," I smiled and pecked a light kiss on her forehead before turning off the table lamp.

This was when we were married...I used to peck her every night.

"Anyway, you know what I'm back for right?" Hyun smiled

"You're back for Y-..."

"Yes, Yeeyeon," he cuts me off.

Wait, stop. Stop it. This has to stop.

 

 

My eyes snapped open and the first thing that came into my vision was the plain white ceiling. The bitter scent of smell infused into my nose and immediately I know that I'm in the hospital.

Damn, so I'm not dead yet.

"Taemin!"

"I'll go get the doctor!"

Who was there? The voice...ahh. Hyun and Yeeyeon?

"Taemin!! Can you hear?"

I tilted my head and saw Yeeyeon beside me. She grabbed my hand anxiously and held it tightly.

"Umm," I answered, I don't really have the strength to answer with words.

"Why didn't you tell us? Why didn't you tell me??" She cried. Tears filled her eye rim before it roll down her cheeks.

"Why didn't you tell me!" She repeated.

They must have heard of it already.

"It's nothing much," I whispered so softly that I don't know if she could hear me. I retrieved my hand back from her grip and put it lifelessly beside my body.

"Nothing much?" Her brows furrowed, "we were together for six ing years and you don't even bother to tell me you have brain cancer?"

"Look, I don't want to quarrel with you here. Go back to your hyun oppa and get the hell out of here."

"What, Lee Taemin? What's the meaning of this?"

Sighing, I put an arm over my eyes.

"Can you just go?"

And before I know it, her heels clicked in the room followed by the sound of the door opening.

"Yeeyeon? What ha-" Hyun's voice echoed in the hallway.

"I'm going back first."

"Yeeyeon!"

Good timing.

"Hyun," I called out to him but the doctor that followed Hyun in decided to draw the curtain close and cut off the interaction between us.

After a few checking and all, the doctor sighed before staring at me. I raised a brow and he shook his head as though I'm hopeless or something. Scribbling something on his clipboard, he left us alone.

Hyun cleared his throat before settling himself beside me.

"Why didn't you say anything about it?" He started the conversation.

"No big deal. Really,"

"What do you mean no big deal? Do you know how much Yeeyeon cried after the doctor talk about your condition? And I'm sure she cried again just now."

"So what? Everyone cried when somebody close have this kind of illness, this doesn't mean anything so what's the big deal?"

"Taemin!" He raises his voice before taking a deep breath.

"No hyun, stop. I want you to do something for me."

He was staring at the corner of the room and when I said that, he turned and looked at me.

"There's an A4 size envelope in the second drawer of my desk, I've already signed it. Get Yeeyeon to sign it ASAP."

"What was that?"

"To file for divorce if not how are you going to have her?"

"Taem-"

"I'm tired," I turned my body so that my back was facing him. Closing my eyes, a tear drop slipped from the corner of my eye.

 

 

 

 

Yeeyeon

------------------

 

"Umma, where's Taemin appa?"

"He's in the hospital. Let's go and see him tomorrow okay?" I sighed.

I don't know what I should do now that I know about Taemin's condition. I can't even get over the bloody fact that he hide it from me and I don't even know when was the first time he found out he got brain cancer. Why didn't I notice it anyway? He's been having extreme headaches and I should be aware of that, what kind of wife am I?

"Ugh!" I hit the table so hard that it scares the kid. , I forgot that they were here.

"Get back into your room, please," I sighed again before falling back against the couch. My mind is in a mess and I'm so lost.

And when I'm lost, Taemin was the one who will be beside me telling me that it's okay. All the ing times.

And that's when I realized for the past six years; I've been relying on him so much. So much that I don't know what to do without him, anymore.

 

 

"Yeeyeon, wake up,"

My eyes flickered open and hyun oppa's face appeared before me. I don't know how long I've been sitting in the living room but I must have fallen asleep here. And when I always do, (which is because I always find my inspirations here whenever I got writer block for my manga), Taemin would always carry me back to the room since I always woke up finding myself on the bed instead of the couch.

"It's like he's treating me like a kid," I smiled and whispered to myself inaudibly.

"What did you say?" Hyun oppa smiled, "you were smiling."

"Nothing," I replied, pushing myself off the couch as my eyes landed on the brown envelop on the table.

"What's that?" I immediately darted my eyes at Jonghyun.

He closed his eyes and sighed before opening them, "it's Taemin's, he asked me to pass it to you."

"And what's that supposed to be?" I retorted, feeling pissed at the brown envelop because my sixth sense told me that it was an agreement form, for divorce.

"It was a....divorce letter," hyun oppa hesitated.

Blank.

My mind was blank.

My hand stretched out to the letter lying on the letter.

It's true that I love Jonghyun and I'm supposed to get a divorce with Taemin.

I halted.

Why am I not willing to pick up the letter then?

"Jonghyun," I called out silently, and he seemed surprised at the fact that I called him Jonghyun instead of hyun oppa.

"I...I don't know if I want to be with you or Taemin anymore."

 

 

 

 

 

EMIZ's Dungeon

oh wow wait. I forgot to thank everyone who congrats me as I got featured. It was a surprise for me since I almost ALMOST forget this fic. I'm having hols right now and I'm determined to finish this as well as TFL. I know I had said it a lot of times that I wanted to finish and I had broken all my promises, I'm really sorry. Thank you all for waiting and here emiz is presenting to you the latest chapter of New town, enjoy