"Heol"!

Super Power Girl and Her Lovestruck CEO

"Heol"! (ep 12, 16)

A/N: Because I love that obviously adlibbed scene in the beginning of ep 12 when they're eating noodles and Minhyuk says her concept of dating must be very open minded since they had "only a few things left to do"... and they're just cutely "heol"-ing back and forth. Here's some gasping all around, set in an in between moment during episode 16. (P.S. I apologize in advance for the extreme levels of cheesiness.)

------

 

Minhyuk loved his wife's family but who could blame him for being a tad scared of his mother-in-law? Still, a visit to the Do home was due after a month into their marriage. Things couldn't go too wrong, right?

"Ahn-sobang, please enjoy these gifts I prepared for you and Bongsoon-ah!" Her saccharine smiles were the scariest, Minhyuk thought to himself. Of course he wanted to refuse, but he gave his best polite smile with a deep bow and took the paper bag from Mrs. Do before she shooed him and his wife upstairs. 

"Gyeongshim-ah! Gyeongshim?" Bongsoon found her bedroom empty and frowned as she was expecting her best friend to be home. They had a lot of catching up to do in person, and Bongsoon had a pressing issue to share. 

"Maybe your brother would know where she went?” True. They had planned for visiting home this weekend and going out for dinner together, so they made sure Bongki didn't have any work shifts. 

"Bongki, do y--". Bongsoon stopped mid-sentence, mid-opening his door, breathing out "heol!" in sync with Minhyuk. Minhyuk was directly behind her and promptly dropped the gift bag from Mrs. Do. Her brother's hair was tousled and there sat in his lap her best friend, her shirt off one shoulder, their lips locked. They sprang apart like lightning struck and Gyeongshim fell to the ground. 

"We were just--" Bongki began defending when Gyeongshim drew out an accented "heol!!" pointing across the floor from where she was sprawled. 

Bongsoon followed her gaze to the seemingly hundreds of colorful foil squares that had exploded from Minhyuk's bag and onto the floor. "Heol!! Umma!! What kind of gift is this..." Bongsoon yelped in embarrassment and frustration. "And I didn't know when to announce it today, but I think these are too late."

It was Bongki's turn to gasp. "Heol, noona, you're.. you're pregnant?! But it's only been one month since the wedding!” Minhyuk's eyes widened, mind reeling as he began to register their words and the implications. 

"Heol!" They all turned to the doorway where Mrs. Do nearly dropped her plate of fruit as she gasped at the news. "Tell me this isn't true!!" Minhyuk looked at Bongsoon and down to her belly and back to her face before falling to the floor in excitement. 

Curious about the commotion upstairs, Mr. Do was the last to enter the room and he didn't have time to say "heol" before his wife handed him the plate of fruit and shoved past him to leave the scene in front of him, yelling back, "I'll be late for the dinner reservations. I have to go to the temple to pray!!"

Mr. Do opened his mouth a couple times to speak but thought better of it. His son and Gyeongshim were beet red and frozen in a mix of shock and embarrassment. Why was almost everyone on the ground? His newly son-in-law was a crumpled mess, openly weeping (With joy or fear? Maybe both?). And his beloved daughter was also on the floor, frantically picking up scattered condoms. Heol. Sometimes, he figured, it was better to leave questions unasked in the Do household...