Bestfriends... Lovers... Happily ever after...

Bestfriends to Lovers...

HEERA'S POV

"Heera-ah!!!" 

Someone with a familiar voice shouted.

I turned around to look who's that someone.

I smiled as I saw my bestfriend Lee Howon or commonly known as Hoya.

"Good Morning, Hoya-ah!" I said.

"Good morning to you too, Heera-ah." He said to me.

We walked to school together.

 

AT THE CLASS..

NO ONE'S POV

"Good morning class!" Mr. Choi said.

"Good morning, Mr. Choi!" the whole class answered.

Suddenly someone knocked on the door.

"Yes? Are you the new student?" Mr. Choi told her.

The girl just nodded.

"Come in, please introduce yourself." Mr. Park said as he let her stand in front of the class.

"Annyeonghaseyo! Chonun Park Jiyeon-imnida. I'm a new student. My family and I just transferred here from California. I was born here so I'm a pure korean. Please take care of me." the girl said and she gave a bow after.

"Okay, Ms. Park, please sit at the vacant chair beside Ms. Jung. Ms. Jung, please raise your hand."

Heera, then raised her hand.

As Jiyeon sat beside her, she gave her a warm smile.

"Annyeong, Chonun Jung Heera-imnida." Heera smiled at her and extend her hand to the girl.

The new girl smiled at her.

"Annyeong, Park Jiyeon-imnida, nice to meet you."

She shaked hands with Heera and sat down on her seat.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AT LUNCHTIME...

NO ONE'S POV

"Heera-ah! Let's have lunch together." Hoya shouted while running towards Heera's direction.

"Oh! Hey Hoya-ah! Yeah sure, Let's have lunch together. By the way, this is Jiyeon, Park Jiyeon. She's a new student from California. Jiyeon, this is Lee Howon also known as Hoya. He's a year older than us." Heera introduces Hoya to her new friends and vice-versa.

The two shaked hands with each other.

Heera noticed that Jiyeon blushed as she shaked hands with Hoya.

Heera just giggled.

"Uh? What's the giggling all about?" Hoya said.

"Uhm... Nothing! Come on! Let's eat." Heera said as she dragged her two friends to the school's cafeteria.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFTER A FEW MONTHS...

Heera and Jiyeon got closer and closer to each other.

Jiyeon also joins Heera and Hoya every lunch and she's always in their every whereabouts.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ONE SATURDAY AFTERNOON...

NO ONE'S POV

Heera and Jiyeon spend some time together at the park.

Hoya can't be with them because he had some homeworks to do.

AT THE PARK...

Jiyeon and Heera were sitting beside each other in a bench at the park while munching on some cotton candies.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEERA'S POV

"Heera-ah. I want to confess something to you." Jiyeon said to me.

I looked at her.

"Ne? What is it Jiyeon-ah?" I said as I stopped eating my cotton candy.

Jiyeon looked down at her feet and gave a loud sigh.

"Heera-ah..." She said as she held my hand and looked at me in the eyes.

I nodded, gesturing her to continue what she was saying.

"I.... I..... I like.... him."

My eyesbrows twitched.

"Eh? him? like him? who's him?" I confusedly asked.

"I like Hoya-sshi." She said a she bit her lower lip and let go of my hand.

My eyes widened but soon, a smirk appeared in my lips.

Jiyeon looked at me.

I tapped her shoulder.

"I know, Jiyeon-ah." I whispered to her ear.

"Jinjja? but how? Am I too obvious, Heera-ah?" She said to me.

"It's not that obvious but your eyes says it all. From the time I introduced you to each other, I knew you like him." I said while smiling at her and munch on my cotton candy.

"Don't worry. I'll help you with that." I continued saying that made her eyes widened more.

"Jinjja? Jinjja? Heera-ah???!!" She almost shouted and shook my shoulders.

"Ne. But stop shaking my shoulders first." I said.

"Mianhae." 

She let go of me and we bot burst into laughters.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WEEKS HAVE PASSED...

Heera kept talking to Hoya if he could go on a date with Jiyeon but he keeps on saying no.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOYA'S POV

"Hoya-ah~ please go on a date with Jiyeon..." Heera told me.

"I don't have time for that, Heera-ah. How many times I have to tell that to you?" I said to her.

"Can't you just give it a try? Please. Pretty please, Hoya-ah..." She said.

Oh my God!!! This time, she's using her aegyo on me.

How can you say no with a face like that.

I don't like her, Heera-ah.

I like you.

I said to myself.

"Hoya-ah!!! Yah!!! You're spacing out!!!" She almost shouted then she gave a pout.

"Arasseo. I'll date her." 

I gave up.

I don't want Heera to get mad at me.

Her face suddenly brightened up.

"Jinjja? Oh thanks Hoya-ah!!!" She hugged me.

OH MY! SHE. HUGGED. ME.

But I know it's just abrotherly hug for her.

I became sad at the sudden thought.

We broke the hug and she waved goodbye to me happily.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WEEKS HAD PASSED...

As Hoya promised to Heera, he dated Jiyeon.

They always go to the park, to the movies, having lunch together, walking home together.

Leaving Heera behind.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LUNCHTIME AT SCHOOL..

HEERA'S POV

Oh yeah.

I'm all alone again.

I don't have my bestfriend and my girl friend with me.

As I was walking down the school's cafeteria, I saw two familiar figures.

It's Hoya and Jiyeon.

Hoya waved at me, gesturing me to sit with them and Jiyeon just smiled.

But I don't want to be a disturbance on their sweet moments together.

I signaled a "no-thanks-i'll-be-fine-here" sign to them.

But seeing them together is just making me jealous.

Jealous?

Sheez! 

Why would I be jealous?

I shook my head at the sudden thought and just walked out of the cafeteria.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOYA'S POV

Why did she left?

Maybe she thinks that she's just a disturbance here.

But there's nothing private here.

We're just having lunch, so she can join.

AISH!

I tolde her that I don't want to have a date with this Jiyeon but she keeps on insisting.

I just obeyed here but why do I have the feelings that she felt bad about it.

Oh Heera.

If you only knew.

"Oppa? Oppa! Gwenchana?!" 

I was startled as I heard someone's voice.

Oh, it's Jiyeon.

"Ne. Mianhae for spacing out. I got to go now." I said as I stood up and left her alone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JIYEON'S POV

"Annyeong, Oppa!!" I shouted while running towards him and giving him a hug.

He didn't hugged me back.

As I looked up to his face, he just smiled.

A cold smile.

I let him go from my hug and walk with him.

"Oppa, why did you called me? Do you have something to say?!" I said.

My heart is beating fast.

"Ne. Let's sit here."

He held my hand and guided me to the bench we saw at the park.

The same bench, where I confessed to Heera that I like her bestfriend.

"Jiyeon-ah. I have something to say. I hope you won't mind it." He said and held both of my hands.

I just stared at him.

As he continued, "Jiyeon-ah. Let's stop this. I'm sorry. I don't love you. I only see you as a friend. There's someone I love." 

He said as he took his eyes off me.

I widened my eyes.

I was shocked and I felt tears running down my cheeks.

"But... I.....thought...? How... could you?" I said between sobs.

"I love Heera. Ne. You heard it right. You're beautiful, Jiyeon-ah, but I love Heera. Since we became bestfriends, I knew I love her. You deserve someone better, Jiyeon-ah. And that's not me. Mianhae. Jeongmal mianhae." He said as he pulled me into a hug for the last time.

I felt betrayed.

Why Heera?

We stayed like that for a couple of minutes.

After that Hoya-oppa, I mean Hoya-sshi walked me home.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AT THE SCHOOL, THE NEXT DAY...

Jiyeon saw Heera.

She immediately walked towards her and pulled her into a corner.

"You betrayed me! I thought you helped me because you treat me as a friend but NO! YOU BETRAYED ME!!!."

Heera was startled with Jiyeon's words.

"What are you saying? I don't know what you mean, Jiyeon-ah?!"

"Don't call me like that anymore. I don't consider you as my friend now. Hoya broke up with me and it's all because of you!!!!" 

Heera was shocked.

Jiyeon left her dumbfounded.

'Me? why me? Oh good! Now I'm all messed up!" Heera thought to herself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AS THE WEEKS HAD PASSED...

Heera never had a chance to talk with Jiyeon again because Jiyeon's ignoring her.

Heera also don't talk to Hoya.

She distanced herself to him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ONE NIGHT...

NO ONE'S POV

Heera went outside to have a walk and breathe some fresh air.

Heera-ah!!" Hoya shouted.

Heera don't want to turn her back, she walked faster.

But Hoya was fast and he had a grip with Heera's wrist.

"Why are you ignoring me?"

"I don't want to talk to you... ever." Heera coldly said to him without looking at his eyes.

But Hoya turned her around and wrapped her in his arms.

"Heera-ah... I'm sorry if I've hurt your friend. I don't like her in the first place. You're the one I want. The one I like. The one I love."

Heera became stiff at Hoya's words.

Hoya pulled from the hug.

He looked down at Heera's face and wiped her tears.

"Don't cry Heera-ah. I don't want to see you like that."

Some loud sounds shocked Heera.

She turned around to see a beautiful fireworks in the sky.

"It's our 1st anniversary as friends. But I think we have moved on to the next level. Right, Heera-ah?" Hoya said as he back hugged Heera and rest his head on his shoulder.

Heera just blushed but still not answering Hoya.

Hoya pulled out something from his pocket.

A beautiful star-shaped necklace.

"This is for you."

Heera was shocked because of Hoya's sudden action.

He wore the necklace around her neck.

Heera just smiled and her face is getting red when suddenly her phone rang. She had a text message.

FROM: JIYEON

Heera-ah! I'm sorry for all the things I've said to you. I'm not mad at you, I just felt betrayed. But I know it's not your fault. You're not the one to blame. Thanks for everything. Thanks for the beautiful friendship. Please make Hoya-sshi happy. Accept his love. He loves you more than just anything in this world. Don't hurt him, arasseo?! I'll come back for you when you do that. Haha. I'm on my way cak to California right now. I hate goodbyes so I just decided to send a text message to you. I will miss you. Invite me on your wedding day. Send my regards to Hoya-sshi. Till then. Lovelots. Jiyeon.

 

"Uhm... Who's that Heera-ah?" Hoya asked while trying his best to peek on Heera's phone.

"A-aniyo.. nothing." Heera said while sliding her phone back into her pocket.

"Oh look Hoya-ah, a wishing star!." Heera said as she closed her eyes and wished for something.

"What did you wish for, Heera-ah?"

"I can't say. It won't come true."

"Tch. Okay. Saranghae, Heera-ah." Hoya said as he hugged Heera tightly.

"Nado Saranghae, Hoya-ah."

Hoya was shocked of what he have heard.

"What did you just say?"

"I knew you heard it, I didn't have to say it again." Heera said. teasing him.

Heera ran away.

Hoya chased her.

They went aroung in circles until finally Hoya caught her.

He hugged her from the back.

"I caught you, dear. Say to me the words you have said a while ago." Heera smiled.

"Okay. Listen carefully."

Heera turned to face HOya and leaned her forhead to his.

"Sa-ran-hae, Op-pa!" 

It feels like music to Hoya's ears.

"Nado Saranghae, my princess." Hoya said.

He pulled Heera's body closer to his as they shared a kiss with full of love.