maybe they snapped

The Last Straw
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Will include quite some swearing and insults)

 

Sana couldn’t remember the last time she saw Dahyun and Momo get along. She sighed as she watched the two fight for the last straw in her kitchen.

 

“Hands off the straw, you pig,” Dahyun elbowed Momo’s stomach.

 

“No you let go of it, dirty ,” Momo pulled on the plastic straw.

 

“That’s it, I’ve had the last straw-“ Sana got up from the sofa to walk to the kitchen.

 

“This is the last straw,” Momo and Dahyun screamed at Sana while wresting each other for the straw.

 

“Have you gone mad? That straw will break if you keep-“

 

Sana couldn’t even complete her sentence before the straw snapped in the middle as Dahyun and Momo were having their tug of war with the straw.

 

“This is all your fault!” Dahyun and Momo both screamed at each other childishly.

 

Sana sighed for the nth time for the day. These two would never let her rest. She walked away from the kitchen disappointed at how immature the two have been for the past few years. Mina smiled sadly at Sana and opened her arms invitingly for Sana to cuddle. Sana was quick to jump onto the sofa and into Mina’s arms.

 

“I wish they’d just get along just once,” Sana’s voice was muffled as she had her face nestled on Mina’s chest.

 

Mina sighed and started playing with Sana’s hair, “I know.”

 

All of a sudden, Sana moved her head up to face Mina.

 

“Oh no, what do you have in mind now?” Mina asked Sana warily.

 

“How about we go on a walk and we leave the house to them?”

 

“Are you crazy? They’re probably going to burn it down before we return.”

 

“Trust me, they won’t,” Sana pulled Mina up from the sofa before heading to the kitchen to find Dahyun and Momo having a silent glare-off in the kitchen.

 

“Hey, lovebirds. We’re headed out for a walk. Can y’all start cooking dinner?” Mina interrupted the two.

 

If it was anyone other than Mina, the two would have screamed at the choice of words and at the request. The two scoffed at each other before smiling at the couple. They watched Mina clung onto Sana’s arm before heading out the door. 

 

“What do you want to eat, Momo?” Dahyun turned to Momo when the door slammed shut.

 

“Don’t act like you care,” Momo rolled her eyes before heading to the bin to throw the remains of the straw.

 

“Don’t start on this now. I’m asking you what you want to eat so we can all enjoy it,” Dahyun groaned.

 

Momo, instead of replying, walked past her to open the fridge to check for the ingredients they have. Dahyun watched Momo take out some vegetables and packs of frozen meat.

 

“Let’s make carbonara with some vegetables and beef,” Momo excitedly said. 

 

“Uh, okay,” Dahyun slowly approached the sink to wash her hands. “Aren’t you going to wash your hands, you dirty pig?”

 

“Shut up, I was just arranging the ingredients on the counter,” Momo rolled her eyes and headed to the sink after laying out the ingredients properly.

 

Dahyun silently walked to find the spices, sauces and pasta they needed for the recipe while Momo washed her hands thoroughly, accidentally splashing water all over herself and around the sink and onto the floor.

 

“Girl, if you don’t stop-“ 

 

“Shut up, it was an accident,” Momo groaned as she walked to the vegetables and meat to start washing them. 

 

Dahyun laid down the chopping board on the counter and got a knife out that she laid down on the board. Grabbing a pot, she handed it to Momo to rinse and fill with water. The two silently stood beside each other in front of the stove, with Dahyun cooking the meat and Momo putting the pasta in the pot of water. Momo purposely brushed against Dahyun’s to annoy the girl as she made her way to the chopping board to chop the vegetables up.

 

“Really, Momo? While I’m cooking the ing meat?” Dahyun glared at her briefly.

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Momo feigned innocence as she rolled up her sleeves.

 

Without sparing a glance at Momo’s direction, Dahyun lifted her leg to kick her in the . 

 

Momo squealed in pain and dropped the knife she was holding, “, you made me cut myself!”

 

Dahyun’s eyes widened as she turned to see Momo’s blood ooze out of her finger. She turned the stove off and rushed to grab Momo’s bleeding hand. Momo glared daggers at Dahyun and screamed when she felt water on her new cut.

 

“Can you keep your mouth shut for a second? You’re always so loud and it annoys the hell out of me,” Dahyun snapped before she could stop herself.

 

“I’m not sorry for however I express myself. I’m not the one telling other people who they should be,” Momo pulled her hand away from Dahyun’s light grip.

 

Dahyun turned the water off and silently walked away from Momo, but not before shooting a glare at the girl. Momo watched the surprisingly calm and quiet Dahyun walk to the living room a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter