Chapter One

Doll

Ding Ding

The door to the cafe opened letting in the freezing cold. The smell of coffee filling his nose. Chatter was heard from every corner of the small cafe.

"Hey, you're back."

"Yep, can't forget my morning coffee," the tall male, Cha Eunwoo, replies. He stands at the counter, leaning on it as the barista makes his coffee. Caramel Frappuccino with extra whipped cream.

After the barista did the finishing touches to his drink, she puts the lid on the cup and put it on the counter.

"3.98," she said with a smile glued to her face. He smiled back then continued to reach for the money in his pocket.

"Here you go," he handed her the money and went to grab his drink, when suddenly the barista put her hand on his cup, trying to touch his hand. Eunwoo looked down confused, then at the barista.

"Yubin... Umm," he glanced down towards the cup, indicating for her to let go of the cup. But she didn't.

With her hand still on the cup, she said, "Let me have your number."

Eunwoo looked down at his watch before saying, "Look Yubin I have to get to work in a few minutes so could you just let go."

She still refused to let go, "Just give me your number."

And she's still not giving up. She's been very persistent these past few days and by now she knows that this is the only time Eunwoo might give her his number. Hesitantly, he let go of the cup and grabbed a pen from the cup of writing utensils.

"Okay... Give me a paper, I need to go to work," he says in a frustrated tone, knowing he probably will be late if he doesn't give her his phone number.

She reaches below the counter and grabs a piece of paper then slowly sliding to him with a smirk on her face. Eunwoo grabs the paper and sloppily writes down his number before getting his cup of warm coffee. He nods at her and rushes out of the cafe. Why was she being so difficult today? he asks himself while walking through the cold to his work.

~ ~ ~

"Ahh, EunwoOOOO my boy." A loud voice boomed throughout his office, making Eunwoo more irritated.

"Can't you just be quiet, I'm trying to work here." Silence was followed but only for a bit before his co-worker began talking again.

"You know... I don't really know why you're doing this office job. Everyone in the building can tell you hate it." Eunwoo just rolls his eyes. His co-worker was right, he did hate this job. If there were openings for other jobs he would definitely try to get an interview but there aren't any.

He stops typing on his computer and turns to his co-worker who's currently looking through his stuff, "Yep. I do hate this job but you know what, Jinwoo, I still have to pay my bills somehow."

"You right," Jinwoo says as he starts heading out of the office, "I guess that means I have to work as well."

Eunwoo nods as Jinwoo sighs.

After Jinwoo leaves the room, Eunwoo continues his work without being bothered for the rest of the day. Which he's thankful for since he has loads of work to finish, most of them being articles about being about a dancing company. 

Jyp Dance... He types into google.

~ ~ ~

It was around seven when Eunwoo was finally able to go home and relax. While walking home in the cold (since he doesn't get paid enough for him to own a car), it begins to snow surprisingly. The snow looked fake and soft, Eunwoo begins lifting up his hand to catch some of the snowflakes probably looking like a child to others who drive by.

"Today feels unusual," Eunwoo mumbles to himself.

He smiles at himself but turns to look around when he feels uncomfortable as if someone was watching him from the shadows or from behind him. He then continues his walk to his homey apartment that's only a few blocks away from his job, with quicker steps. His heart pace begins to quicken even though he knew there wasn't anyone behind him but the thought of someone following scared him.

He stops in front of his apartment building and looks to his left then to his right to see if anyone did follow him. Nobody did.

Aish, Eunwoo stop being scared of nothing, he rolls his eyes as he mentally scolds himself. He walked into the building and began heading his way to his apartment. It's very quiet most of the time since the majority of the people who live there are business people, so when he heard footsteps behind him as he was walking to the elevator he began freaking out with his heart beating once again.

"Eunwoo..." all eunwoo could think was 'How can this person know my name?! ', "Hey wait up," the voice was sweet and almost soothing.

As he got into the elevator, he immediately began clicking the button to the 5th floor (the floor on which he lives in) without looking at the person who was calling his name. The elevator being an elevator, the doors were closing slowly. Very slowly.

When he finally looked up, all his panicking turned into embarrassment.

"Eunwoo what's wrong?"

"Uh. I-it's nothing...Yubin," he spoke within a shaky voice, while mentally cursing at himself.

She nodded her head and went closer beside him as the elevator doors closed. Awkwardness filled the empty space along with the elevator music that urgently needs to be updated. Yubin grows closer and closer until she and Eunwoo are touching.

She clears before saying, "I want to be a nurse." This catches Eunwoo off-guard, he was thinking of ways to get her off of him since at the moment half of her body is basically on him.

"Why's that?" Slowly he tries pushing her off.

It doesn't work of course.

"Well, someone I've had my eye on had studied in the medical field and... Well, I just want to be one," she says as she makes small circles on his neck with her finger. Before she could continue touching him even more, the elevator door finally opens and Eunwoo feels free as he walks out.

You're almost home, he tells himself as he hears Yubin mumbling something as she follows him. When he sees his door, he grabs his keys with relief and quickly goes to unlock his door.

"Eunwoo~ do you want to go and get pizza tomorrow?" Yubin asks as he was halfway in his house.

Eunwoo stops in his tracks, "No thank you," he rejects politely and continues walking into his apartment, making sure to lock his door. He sighs and leans against his door.

"Why is today so difficult and unusual and ughhhh... It's not even a Monday."

~ ~ ~

Eunwoo jolts up irritated from the notification sounds that have been constantly been ringing for quite a while. Lazily, he reaches for his phone and checks who or what has been bothering him for the past hour, after he unplugs his phone from the charger.

68 notifications from: (xxx) xxx-xxxx

What?

He unlocks his phone to see who was blowing his phone up so early on a Saturday morning, which was his day off.

xxxEunwoo

xxxheyyy its mee Yubin =^)

YubinAre you sleeping??

And the messages continued and continued about the most random things with the obvious intention of waking him up. And it worked.

It's 8 in the morning: EW

Let me sleepEW

After sending those texts he made sure to put his phone on silent and went back to bed. It's my day off, I shouldn't have to worry about things like that.

After trying multiple times to go back to sleep, in which he failed all, he got off his bed and began walking around the room to the bathroom. Going pee, brushing his teeth, making his bed, taking a shower and making a small (ugly looking) omelet is what he did to get his day started.

He got a phone call from, Yubin, when he was just about to head out. All he did was ignore the call, she was already bothering him so much already and it was barely the first day she had his phone number.

He was headed to the same coffee shop he goes to, for the same drink as always.