-FINAL-

I Still Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Happy Birthday to Yoongi! Since it’s his birthday, I have written a
oneshot for all of you. I wanted to write one for Hoseok’s birthday but, having a busy schedule, I could not do it. Fret not, I will write one for him too. For now, let’s peacefully celebrate the birthday of our Jjang jjang man boong boong 😉

#GeniusYoongiDay.

 

((Song suggestion: Somebody’s me by Enrique))

 

 

 

Six months ago.

The sky was dark and gloomy. Wispy white clouds turned grey and dense as time went by. The air was thick and heavy with the dampness of the coming storm. Lightning, accompanied by thunder cracked, scaring the wits out the people. Not wanting to be caught by downpour, people ran around to take refuge as rain was about to fall any moment.

The gloom of the day was reflected in a 26 year old man who was on the verge of breakdown. There was an aching void in his heart. Min Yoongi was kneeling before his lover Kim Seokjin begging for forgiveness. His eyes were dull with bags underneath them. It appeared that he never had a proper sleep for days.

“I am sorry Jin. I never meant to hurt you. Please don’t leave me.” He pleaded. His eyes were glassy and his voice broken.

On the other hand, the 25 years old Seokjin refused to look at him. His head was turned to his right with his arms across his chest. For he feared, if he looked at those lifeless eyes, then he would back out from the decision he had taken after a lot of contemplation and realization and of course with a heavy heart.

It hurt him. Hurt him to see the love of his life so dejected. It shred his heart into a million pieces but Seokjin was tired. Tired of being the least of his priorities. Tired of being taken granted in their relationship. The amount of excruciating pain in his heart was unfathomable, so he wanted make Yoongi realize it.

“It’s over between us Yoongi. I really love you. I really do but, I cannot marry you. I am sorry.” He said. Turning around, he wiped his uncontrollable tears and proceeded towards the cab that was waiting for him.

Yoongi was rooted to the ground as he was watched his love walk away from him, from his life. Forever. While he could not do anything in return to stop him. He was the reason why Seokjin broke up with him. He broke his beautiful relationship with his selfish attitude. The dream of living happily for the rest of his life with his beloved would forever remain just a dream. Only if he would have realized on time how much of a damage and devastation he had caused, then, maybe he could have saved his 7 years old relationship from downfall.

---

He could clearly recall the day when they had first met in college. Seokin was a freshman while Yoongi was a senior.

It was the first day of his college, Seokjin was late for his class and unfortunately, he lost the way to his classroom. As he was walking down the empty hallway, he heard faint sound of a beautiful melody being played on a piano in the music room. He stopped by the door to see who was the pianist was, so with a push he flung the door open. The pianist had his back turned towards him and was so engaged in playing with notes, that he did not hear the sounds of the approaching footstep.

When he stopped, the air around filled with sound of clapping. “Wow! That was a beautiful piece you played. Beethoven’s moonlight sonata, if I am not wrong. I must say that your fingers are very dexterous.”

Yoongi turned around to thank his aficionado but was dumbfounded when he saw him. He had never come across such a beautiful human being before. The same expression was worn by Seokjin. Sparks flew when they met.

An unsual meeting blossomed into a sweet friendship in no time. It became customary for Seokjin to sit beside Yoongi by the piano, either singing with him or simply watching him play. As time went by, their friendship prospered into romance, though neither of them had the guts to confess their feelings to the other one. It was with the help of his friend Namjoon, Yoongi proposed to the younger in their college cafeteria in the most romantic way, breaking hearts of several fangirls. Loud cheers and clapping broke in when Seokjin accepted his proposal and gave him the warmest embrace.

But, as they say, nothing lasts long, not even happiness, so was the case with the two lovers. It was when Yoongi got a job, Seokjin was still a student. He would meticulously handle studies, part-time job and his relationship but Yoongi was too busy too even appreciate his dedication.

 Seokjin had always treated him like a prince as he was once told by his parents to treasure the people he loved the most, in spite of being taken for granted. Phone calls became limited to null. Meetings were a rarity. Yoongi had ample amount of time to chat with his colleagues but never had time to call his boyfriend back who had been dying to hear his voice. Though Seokjin had been noticing his insouciance towards him, he always brushed it off, thinking the older might come round, unbeknownst that the beautiful bond was on the verge of severance.

---

My beloved, I miss you

My heart is restless inside my chest

And I am dying

 

***

 

 

Three years ago

Seokjin had asked to meet Yoongi by the Han river from they would be going for a movie and lunch. The younger between the two had arrived 15 minutes later to see Yoongi talking over his cell phone, leaning against the concrete railing.

“Hey baby, sorry I am late.” He apologized to his boyfriend who was still busy on his phone. Seokjin had taken the risk of missing three important classes after lunch break, just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter