Chapter 1

Behind That Mask

Ring ring

"Hello.. ____ah, I'll be abit late for your party.. Just continue on without me ok." Woori hastily said. Honks from other cars could be heard through the phone. I'm pretty sure she's driving when making this call.

"Oh ok.. Be careful!! Bye.." Well, the party still need to go on right? I was trying to get some fresh air at the bungalow's balcony from the super stuffed party hall. Those loud music coming from the stereo, I just need some peace of mind. 'Now that's better.'. Suddenly, some strong arms wrapped around me while the figure stood beside me. I leaned my head on his broad shoulder after recognising who and tried to savour this sweet moment. Aah, just like I imagined these kind of times.

"Come let's go in, We're going to cut our cake soon. It's getting too chilly in here baby.." He reached for my hand before pulling it softly. As we entered the hall, cheers went up for us. He tightened the hold of my hand before proceeding to the cake table while I just can face the floor with embarrasement. Jonghyun and I are currently celebrating our very first anniversary. It was HIS idea to make this extravagant party at his bungalow, inviting almost all of the students in our school. As you can see, he's one of the most popular jocks in school thus it's not a wonder why there are many people attending this party. Though there is some ups and downs in our relationship, I swear he can be the sweetest boyfriend I've ever had. Flowers on my table every monday without fail and weekly dates at anywhere you can imagine in this country. 

The day he proposed to me was one of the most unforgettable events of my life. He took me to some fancy restaurant down the town for dinner before bringing me to the nearby park beautifully decorated with heart-shaped candles and rose petals. I moved into tears when he kneeled down infront of me with a couple ring in his hand. I mean, who can not accept the school's hearthrob's proposal right? So now, here we are walking to the 3 tier cake with a figure of a super cute boy kissing a girl on the topmost tier. 

He stood by the microphone and thanked everyone for coming before starting his speech.

"....... and I love her so freaking much. She's the other half of me." Slowly he came towards me and tilted my head. That sudden movement caused an adrenaline rush in me and I blushed uncontrollably.

"KISS! KISS! KISS!!" And that cheers couldn't even help to lower down my embarrasment of receiving the first kiss from him. Slowly and slowly..

Ring ring

'Aissh such er' 

"Sorry everyone heh.." Grunts could be heard almost everywhere. Well, what can I do? lol

"Hello.. Are you Mrs___? Your friend Koh Woori just got into an accident and you happened to be the first one on the call log......" The phone fell from my hand. I was speechless. Jonghyun took the phone from the floor after discovering that something was amiss from my expression and took some details from that caller.

"Sorry everyone, we need to attend to somethings first, meanwhile do enjoy the food! Myungsoo ah, you take control of things while I sort some things out ok." Jonghyun announced then turn to myungsoo.

"Yes Boss!" He turned to Jonghyun with a mouth full of strawberry tarts. Jonghyun pulled me to the garage before driving to the hospital in his red porsche. Along the way, I could only cry with Jonghyun's constant patting of my back. Woori, a really reliable friend of mine since I started schooling. Though Jonghyun and Woori had a past, it couldn't stop me from befriending her which eventually cause Jonghyun to (bitterly) forgive her. 

"Everything is gonna be alright ok baby.." Still, my feelings are uneven. We rushed towards the emergency room and waited and waited and waited..

~~

"Are you Woori's acquaintance?" A doctor came out from the emergency room after 6 hours of waiting. By that time I already lose hope.  

"Yes doctor, how is she?" Jonghyun hugged my shoulder, hoping to give me some strength though he knows he couldn't.

"She's stable for now but I'm afraid that she's suffering from retrograde amnesia, where she have forgotten almost two years from her life. She can recover, yes, but it'll take some time." 'Does that mean she doesn't remember me?' After gaining some permission, we entered the solitary ward. There she was, staring blanky onto the window overlooking a pond.

"Hey.." I tried to make the first move. She looked at me blankly then to Jonghyun. A wide smile appeared then on her face. She got up from her bed and hugged Jonghyun.

"Baby!!! Where did you go? I've been waiting for you!!" Then she looked at me  "And who are you coming in with my dear Jonghyun??" Truthfully saying, I was really shocked and hurt at the same time. Patience ____, patience.

"I'm ____, your bestfriend and JONGHYUN"S GIRLFRIEND. Don't you remember a thing?" I intentionally pressed the word 'girlfriend'

"Umm, no. The last thing I remember was falling into a pond when celebrating my birthday with Jonghyun. GIRLFRIEND? Are you sure??" She eyed me up and down.

"Umm Woori ah, that was two years ago. You suffered from some amnesia and maybe you forgot that we've broken up." Jonghyun tried to explain while desparately loosening the oh so suffocating hug between them.

"No no.. That's not true. I'm still your ever faithful girlfriend as I would never ever cheat on you. You __or whatever your name is, don't make a fool out of yourself and just leave us alone. I need to be with Jonghyun ALONE!" With that she kissed all over Jonghyun's face and tightened her hug.

Oh god. That hurts so freaking much.__