Blurred

We All Need a Break

Jungkook awoke with a start, groaning remembering the night before. He had been waking up in the middle of the night sparodically for no reason whatsoever, and it had annoyed him greatly. He turned to his left to look at his alarm clock. 11:48. Jungkook's eyes widened and panic flowed through him. Dance practice was starting in an hour, and Jungkook was no where near ready. He jumped out of bed and straight to the bathroom to wash up.

 

Whilst in the shower, Jungkook wondered why none of the other band mates had woken him up earlier. The question went through his mind about a million times. It unlike Namjoon especially, since if one of the other members was a minute late to the specified time to wake up, he would wake them up for them.

 

Jungkook stepped out of the shower and grabbed a tissue. The steam from the bath had made his nose unexpectedly run. He threw the tissue in the trash and quickly dried himself off and wrapped the towel around his waist before walking out to get changed. 

 

Once Jungkook finished putting on his sweatpants and sweater he shuffled to the kitchen. The hallways of the dorm were unusually cold, and made Jungkook's already developed sore throat get worse. He put his hands in his pockets and swallowed harshly before entering the even colder kitchen. He almost visibly shivered. 

When Jungkook arrived in the kitchen everyone's eyes were upon him. However, Jungkook ignored their looks and sat down. "Annyeong." He said sleepily. "Why didn't you guys wake me up at eleven?" 

Jin was the first to answer, but he was hesitant. Before responding he looked at the other members before turning to Jungkook once more. "You looked like you were having a nightmare, and it was a struggle to get you out of it so we just let you sleep."

Jungkook's eyes widened. "But I don't remember having a nightmare... I don't remember dreaming at all really."  

Yoongi sighed from the head of the table. He muttered something that sounded like "Exactly why we didn't try to wake you up longer." 

Jungkook huffed and got to eating his oatmeal.

 

Jungkook stared at the barely eaten oatmeal. For some strange reason, the moment he put one spoon of it in his mouth, it seemed like it had settled uneasily in his stomach. On top of that, his sore throat had multiplied ten-fold in the time that he and all the other members were eating, and a runny nose had started to creep its way up to his sinuses. All of these symptoms showed signs of a cold, yet Jungkook wasn't having it. "It's probably just a sniffle from the cold weather." He kept telling himself. But deep down inside, he knew that it wasn't just a simple case of the sniffles. 

 

On the ride to the BigHit studio, Jungkook cursed himself for forcing himself to eat a few more bites. They were already coming back to haunt him. Jungkook swallowed down the nauseous feeling and focused on the dance and singing practice ahead. 

 

Once out of the car, Jungkook breathed deeply. This was not one of his better mornings. Jin unexpectedly came up behind him and put his hand on Jungkook's shoulder. Jungkook jumped and Jin laughed lightly. Jungkook rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment. Jin walked off and Jungkook sighed. This was going to be a long, long day.

 

The members were practicing the dance for their newest song, DNA, when it seemed like Jungkook's stomach flipped inside himself after a pretty forceful movement. He stopped and bit his lip to refrain from groaning. The choreographer caught that and yelled at Jungkook to get on with it, as the dance was nearly over. Jungkook nodded and picked up the dance once more. Unbeknownst to him, however, the other members were eyeing Jungkook worriedly. 

After the dance was over, Jungkook almost ran to his water bottle. His throat was parched and the nausea from earlier had come back. He gulped twice before he put his water bottle down and sighed. He closed his eyes and let his tired muscled rest. Jungkook inwardly groaned when he remembered that singing practice was next. That would not be a good exercise for his burning throat. Yet, rules were rules, life never stopped for anyone, especially idols. Jungkook just put on a brave face, ignored the pain all over his body as much as he could, and went with the group to the recording studio. 

 

"My part is coming soon. My part is coming soon." Those were the only words going through Jungkook's head as he prepared for his singing part. He cleared his throat, blew his nose when he was certain no one was looking, and did a few voice exercises to make sure he wouldn't show any signs of illness while singing. The whistling was bad enough, considering he had let out an unexpected loud sneeze.

Jungkook cleared his throat once more and braced himself for the words.

"Geokjeonghaji ma love, i modeun geon uyeoni aninika"

Taehyung smiled at Jungkook as he got ready to join the latter.

"Urin wanjeon dalla, baby, unmyeonge-" 

Taehyung looked over at Jungkook as he burst into a coughing fit that racked his whole body. Jungkook looked up and sheepishly laughed. "Choked on my own saliva." He bowed to the recorder. "Sorry, please continue with the music." 

Taehyung's brows furrowed with worry and he looked over at the rest of the members. He knew they were all thinking the same thing;

"That was most definitely not just choking on saliva..."