End.

Stay with Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The bright light of the sun shined on the mountains as the spring finally arrived. Enjoying the warmth, Mina gazed at the outstanding view in awe. A river was at the foot of the mountain and the water was blue like the clear skies. It's been a while since she's spent some time alone away from her duties. She was supposed to be welcoming the new recruits at the moment but had no intentions of returning to base. Today was the perfect day to relax and nobody is going to stop her from taking a day off, not even her right-hand man who successfully located her the moment she arrived here.

"Come on, let's go. You're not escaping from this." Momo said.

"Can't I just spend my day quietly? The last time I actually took a break was 2 months ago."

"Then take your day off tomorrow."

"But I want it now." Mina whined.

"God, you're so stubborn. Jihyo isn't going to be happy about this."

Mina already imagined the scolding she'll receive once she goes back; her good old friend is going to be very mad, especially since it's for something like this. Although she was inarguably the best head chief anyone could get when she gets pissed off or angry, that's a different story.

"Fine, but don't wander off too far."

Mina sent an okay sign to her before entering the forest for a leisure walk. The scent of nature and the sounds of leaves dancing in the wind enveloped her in a pleasant feeling. As she was beginning to merge as one with the landscape, the sounds of footsteps were suddenly heard and it wasn't hers. 

 

Someone else was here.

 

She immediately hid behind a tree and waited for the person to pass by. She thought it was going to be another one of her teammates or an enemy even but to her surprise, it was a woman who looked around 20 years old with long light brown hair that flowed over her shoulders. She's gorgeous but has such simple facial features; a sharp nose, curved and alluring lips, pale skin and her deep brown orbs. 

Mina watched as she went towards the stream up ahead and decided to follow. She widened her eyes in shock and started feeling hot when she arrived.  The woman was completely and was getting ready to step foot in the freezing cold water. Mina is a woman herself but she couldn't help but look at person's body. She kept her gaze fixed on her as she swam. Mina had the urge to get to know her better.

After a few minutes the woman finally went out of the water. She dressed herself back and walked towards Mina's direction.

"I know you're there."

Mina was left with two choices; To escape or to face the pretty lady. The first option would be better for her current situation but Mina knew she would feel bad for spying on her without an explanation.

"I'm sorry." Mina apologized as she stepped out of her hiding spot. "Nobody normally comes here except for me, so I didn't want to intentionally stalk you."

The woman tensed up and took a step back. "You were stalking me..?"

"N-no!  I saw you walking in the forest earlier. I just followed you from there."

The person muttered a small 'oh' and then silence ensued.

"What are you even doing here? You don't look like someone from around here." Mina began.

"I always come for a morning swim. Don't worry I'm not an enemy if that's what you're wondering. I have to go now." The lady bowed and went back to the same road she took earlier.

"I'm Mina by the way!" She didn't know why she shouted that when she barely knew who the foreigner was. She could actually be lying about her identity but Mina felt the need to do it.

The mysterious stranger turned back and shouted back to Mina herself.  "I'm Nayeon." She sent a small smile before continuing her way back to wherever she came from.

The Myoui clan's princess simply stared at the woman as she slowly disappeared from her view and has a feeling that they will soon meet again.

 

~

 

True to her words, Nayeon came back the next day and then the next one, and then so on.

"I haven't had felt this much freedom in a long time."

"Me too."

They were laying on the grass and enjoying the cool breeze brushing on their skin while talking about whatever came to their minds. From time to time, silly jokes and laughter would be heard. Other times, it would be completely silent. Feeling the other's presence was all it took for the girls to feel at ease and that's what all it matters for them.

"It's getting late, I better go now before I get in trouble."

"Keep up the good work future chief Mina!" Nayeon stifled a laugh after saying so.

"Stop it, I don't want to be the next chief. I'd rather be with you for the rest of my life." Mina confidently stated the last part.

Nayeon looked at Mina as if she grew two heads. "Ugh, cheesy!" 

They erupted in laughter soon after. "I really need to go now. See you tomorrow Nayeon!"

It became a routine; They would meet up in the morning and talk for an hour or so then they would bid each other farewell and meet again the following morning. 

Mina found out that Nayeon loved the cold weather and swimming with all her heart but what she still doesn't know is why Nayeon is here. They've known each other for days now and Nayeon knows almost everything about her while Mina still knows nothing about her new friend.

"You need to stop skipping your morning practices, Jihyo is going to blow up for real this time." Momo knew her efforts to stop her best friend would go to vain since they always did from the beginning to now.

"I could handle another set of laps. It's always great to have a morning workout to keep myse

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter