1/1

Your Name
Please log in to read the full chapter

The coffee shop was empty.

That didn’t surprise Jungsu at all.

Not too many people were awake at five o’clock in the morning, jumping out of bed and rushing over to get a cup of overpriced coffee yet.

The only reason why Jungsu was here so early was because he didn’t go to sleep in the first place. For some reason, his apartment was too loud, and after a while it started to feel as if the walls were slowly closing in on him.

So Jungsu lazily got dressed and left his apartment; aimlessly roaming the streets for hours before dragging his feet into this coffee shop right as it opened.

“What can I get for you?” the barista asked.

Jungsu looked up at the taller man, immediately noticing his handsome features. He looked like he should be walking the runway, not taking coffee orders from miserable customers like Jungsu. He noticed the other man’s name tag. Siwon.

Jungsu liked that name for some reason.

“Um…” Jungsu began as he quickly scanned the menu. A latte sounded nice. He ordered his drink and chose to sit at a table next to the window. Jungsu was left alone with his thoughts for the time being, and he wasn’t sure if he hated or loved the silence.

He looked out the window, watching the empty street outside.

Siwon placed a full mug in front of Jungsu, surprising him. Jungsu hadn’t even noticed him approaching.

“Thanks,” Jungsu said.

“No problem,” Siwon replied with a smile. “Let me know if you need anything else. As you can see, this place is very empty, so I’m pretty much your personal servant until more people come.”

Jungsu found his smile to be contagious, because he found himself smiling back.

Siwon started heading back to the register. Jungsu watched as Siwon picked up his phone, tapping away at the screen, and all Jungsu could wonder was who would be having a conversation this early in the morning.

Jungsu took a sip of his drink and continued staring out the window.

There wasn’t much to look at. It was still dark outside, illuminated by the street lights. A bus drove by, and the streets were back to being silent once again.

He decided he liked it. It was a major contrast to what was going on in his head.

Jungsu jumped when he heard bells ringing, alerting the shop of someone opening the door.

“Hey, Siwon!” a voice rang out, causing Jungsu to wince at the sound. He definitely wasn’t expecting someone to barge in like that. “There’s everyone’s favorite handsome coffee maker.”

Siwon laughed. “Hey, Heechul,” he replied.

Jungsu watched their interaction. Overall, he found it...odd.

There was Siwon; the quiet barista.

Then there was Heechul, this strange man narrating an animated story about what sounded like an exaggerated account about how he saved his neighbor’s dog.

Siwon seemed to be genuinely entertained. Jungsu was getting tired just watching Heechul.

Once Heechul’s muffin and drink were prepared, Heechul turned around to find a seat, stopping when he noticed the pathetic form of Jungsu sitting by the window. “Hey,” Heechul said as he approached Jungsu. “Is this seat taken?”

That was obviously a stupid question, and Heechul knew that. He didn’t even wait for an answer before sitting down on the seat across from Jungsu. “I’m Heechul,” he said, a smile forming on his face as he placed his treats on the table. He flipped his jet black hair out of his eyes.

Jungsu just stared at the stranger in front of him. Jungsu wasn’t up for conversation, and he had only known Heechul for five minutes and he already didn’t want to be involved with him.

“And you are…?” Heechul asked.

“Jungsu,” he finally answered.

“Jungsu,” Heechul repeated. “That’s a nice name. Doesn’t that mean...perfect...or something?” he asked. He carelessly waved his head. “Whatever.”

“Your name means ‘hopeful’,” Jungsu muttered before he could stop himself.

Heechul nodded. “Yes it does,” he responded, his smile getting bigger.

Jungsu took a quick sip of his latte.

“I think I’ll make you a character in my next book,” Heechul randomly announced, causing Jungsu’s eyes to widen surprise.

“Your next book?” Jungsu asked, making sure he heard correctly.

Heechul nodded as he took a bite from his muffin. “I’m a writer,” he explained. “Do you read any romance novels?”

Jungsu nodded. Romance was his favorite genre, and for some reason he suddenly felt the blood rushing to his cheeks as he admitted that.

“I only have one book that’s been published,” Heechul confessed. “But remember my name, okay? Soon I’ll be a best-seller, and then you can brag to all your friends that you had coffee with the great Kim Heechul. Maybe they’ll turn my book into a movie?”

Jungsu laughed, although he wasn’t too sure why. He admired Heechul for following his dreams. He was slightly jealous as well, but he made sure not to let that show.

“Hey, it may sound crazy but anything’s possible,” Heechul stated. It almost sounded like he was defending himself, and it made Jungsu feel slightly guilty.

“No I didn’t mean it like that,” Jungsu quickly replied, shaking his head. “I just...I think it’s really cool that you’re a writer, and I got to meet someone who’s going to be famous one day.”

Heechul visibly relaxed, all offense seemed to be thrown out the window. “As a gift, I’ll give you a copy of my book. I’ll even sign it. And when I become famous you can auction it to the highest bidder.”

Jungsu laughed again. “That’s exactly what I’m going to do with it.”

“I can’t wait until I reach the level of fame where I have to wonder if people want to be around me because I’m famous or because of my charming personality.” It was Heechul’s turn to laugh. “Who am I kidding? It definitely won’t be because of my personality.”

Jungsu scoffed. “What’s wrong with your personality?”

Heechul shrugged. “People say I have a bad temper,” he confessed.

“You don’t seem like the type,” Jungsu said.

“You only met me a few minutes ago,” Heechul reminded him. “Why don’t you get to know me for a whole day and you’ll see.”

Jungsu nodded. “Good point.”

“So you know my name, my job, and the reason I’m not married,” Heechul said, the last part earning another small laugh from Jungsu. “What about you?”

Jungsu shrugged. “I’m definitely not as interesting as you.”

Please log in to read the full chapter