Chapter 1: You drive me crazy in many ways

Lies and love in your eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The clock marks 1:00 am and Minhyuk aimlessly gazes at it as the numbers are blinking his way, insisting to let him know the current time, making him frown upon the sight of it. 1:00 am again, he is trying to study for his midterms so it shouldn’t bother him that much that he is currently awake, sitting on his desk placed by the end of his bed. He stands up in order to reach for his notes that he placed earlier in the bookshelf next to him, but his mind can’t help but to wander off and fix his trail of thought on someone. His roommate and longtime friend Lee Jonghyun. He can’t help but to wonder where he currently is and as usual, he is waiting for him to come back to their room.

He has a feeling of where he could be at the moment, but he just wants to shake off that thought, lie to himself that Jonghyun isn’t where his suspicions seem to point. He’d rather not think about it but it’s a weekday, they have a test tomorrow- he just can’t be so irresponsible he tries to convince himself, but knowing Jonghyun, his suspicions must be true and he is most likely partying it out with the boyfriend he found at college, that pretty model, Lee Jungshin.

He drops to his chair and rests his head on his desk, exhausted, not only because of having been studying for hours and knowing that he would have to pull an all nighter, but because this is the usual situation for him. He can’t help but to stay up every night that Jonghyun doesn’t arrive early, it is a situation he can’t control since he’s always cared for Jonghyun more than he wants to, more than he should and certainly more than Jonghyun deserves.

The sight of Jonghyun arriving drunk at the dead of the night bothers him, from how he can’t even balance himself correctly while walking, to the tripping with the rug in their small living room and hitting himself with the couch nearby the window. Jonghyun always is blowing off his advice whenever he says it’s not a good idea to go partying and this infuriates Minhyuk at times, that he can’t listen to him for once is something Minhyuk hates. Yet even so he still wouldn’t look for another roommate, he’s so used to Jonghyun he can’t even think of seeing someone else the moment he opens his eyes every morning. The moment the thought enters his mind he prefers tossing it aside rather than contemplate finding another person to share expenses with, and most importantly, share his personal space with.

He just has to tolerate it, even if he dislikes it with all his heart. Jonghyun wasn’t like that back when they were in high school but his change in behavior just irks him and Minhyuk can’t help but to wish for Jonghyun to go back to how he was.

He wants to blame it all on Jungshin, the pretty model and social butterfly of the campus who has no sense of responsibility but he can’t. He is not the culprit certainly thinks Minhyuk even though he is angry and he just desperately wants to blame someone. However, Jungshin is not a bad person and he can’t be blamed for Jonghyun’s stupid choices.

He sighs as he starts tapping a pen against his desk and puts on his headphones to try to distract himself from all his thoughts, yet he knows that this solution won’t last long.

Minhyuk hears a faint click from the doorknob through his headphones. Finally, Minhyuk says to himself as he rises from his seat. He has a lot to tell Jonghyun at the moment. From telling him how he dislikes the sight of him arriving so late, and drunk on top of it, to how he shouldn’t be drinking when they are on mid-terms week. Jonghyun’s exam begins two hours earlier than his own, but Minhyuk can’t understand how irresponsible he has become even with his studies.

Jonghyun makes his way inside their room, being barely able to walk correctly and holding onto any flat surface that isn’t the floor for support.

“What a party…” Minhyuk scoffs as his figure appears in the living room, shaking his head in disapproval at the sight in front of him. He wants to tell Jonghyun off yet he rushes towards Jonghy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter