.01

Gangs of Seoul

Juhyun's knees connected to the concrete ground hard; the sting from it was evident on her face and with a swift kick to her back, she was lying face down on the ground. She gasped and her side so that her head was up so she could look at her surroundings. Popular with all the typical gangster movies, she was in a warehouse, that much was sure, but with only two overhead lights on above her, Juhyun couldn't tell much about the place. The sound of someone coughing then gasping caught her attention as her eyes zeroed in on the figure in front of her.

Disregarding the men that were there to more than likely kill her, Juhyun shuffled across the floor until she was in front of him, sitting up slowly with the pain from the bruises all over her body plus the pain in her wrists from the rope; she even ignored the pain near her temple from where the men knocked her out. Luckily her hands were tied in front of her as she moved her hands to his chin and lifted his face to look at her; his right eye was swollen shut and there were bruises under the other, his bottom lip was split from where they punched him; his heavy breathing seemed to have slowed down as he looked at her with his one good eye.

"Guess that pretty face of yours took a real hit today," Juhyun said, her voice was soft with the quietness surrounding them in the warehouse; there was fear in her voice, it was evident, but she tried not to let it show with the small smile she put on her face. She could feel the tears welling up in her eyes and tried her hardest to not let them fall.

He smiled at her; his teeth were stained slightly red after being punched a few times in the face, "Yeah...that was my real money maker, wasn't it? Not much of a people person." They both knew they were trying to lighten the severely dark mood surrounding them even though they knew their fates were sealed.

His hands were tied behind his back and he was on his knees, had been for hours, his body was slightly hunched over but when Juhyun put her hand under his chin then slid it to his cheek, careful not to put him in any more pain than he already was in, he leaned into her touch as well as leaned closer to her.

Knowing that this very well would be their last time alive together, Juhyun uttered, "I don't regret stealing from you Oh Sehun."

He looked up at her, confusion evident on his face, "What?"

She laughed lightly and tilted her head to the side, "I don't regret picking your pocket the day we first met, I don't regret hacking you, I don't regret stitching you up all those times in my apartment, I don't regret helping you." Her resolve broke as a tear slid down her face, she took a deep breath and let out a shaky one, "I don't regret meeting you...and I certainly don't regret falling in love with you, Oh Sehun."

With ignoring the pain in his body, Sehun sat up as best he could and looked her directly in her eyes, "I don't regret coming after you when you stole from me, I don't regret coming to you for help even though I hate asking for help," That got the two of them to laugh a little bit, "I don't regret letting my walls down for you and I certainly don't regret falling in love with you, Bae Juhyun."

At the sound of a gun cocking and the feel of the muzzle pressed to her head, Juhyun looked at Sehun with fear in her eyes; she could see a gun pressed to his head as well. "Sehun..."

He took a breath and just looked at her, "It's okay, it's okay, just keep your eyes on me."

This is there last moments together and even with the situation they're in, they wouldn't want to spend their last moments anywhere else. It seemed fitting with how the spent their lives that led up to this moment but they knew what they were getting into.

Juhyun took a deep breath, her eyes only closed for a second before she opened them and looked Sehun with a content look in his eyes, "I love you, Sehun." she said, one final time. He sighed and tried to smile for her, "I love you, Juhyun."

And then the shot rang out.

⋆ ────── {⋆✩⋆} ────── ⋆

Few Months Earlier

"Look, Jooheon, either take it or leave it; I'm not going to waste my time with someone that doesn't know a good thing when it's sitting right in front of them."

Bae Juhyun is a street-smart hacker and right now she's dabbling in forgery; she felt that expanding her "talents" would beef up her appearance and maybe she'd make a little bit more money to have something other than instant ramen for dinner. Maybe she could even pay her rent on time this month.

Jooheon is one of her latest customers — or ers as she preferred to call them; he contacted her a few weeks ago to see if she'd be able to steal a painting from his ex that she decided not to let him have after she kicked him out. Now, Juhyun was all ready to steal the painting, especially since he was willing to pay over ₩500,000 for her to do the job, but when Juhyun found out the only reason Jooheon wanted to steal from his ex was that even though the painting was an heirloom in his ex-girlfriend's family, he'd found out that the painting was worth millions and planned to sell it to the highest bidder and Juhyun couldn't let that happen.

She'd made excuses left and right to prolong her delivery date so that she could make the perfect fake; Juhyun even told Jooheon's ex what she was planning to do and even paid her a small amount for what Juhyun was doing for her. It took her a few weeks but Juhyun was able to perfect her newly acquired forgery skill which brought her to the situation at hand in a diner at three in the morning.

Luckily it was rather empty so it's not like all eyes were on them.

"I am going to take it, I just can't understand why it took so long to get it; Minsun is almost never in her apartment most of the day." He was staring intently at the painting as he spoke, not even bothering to glance at Juhyun.

"First of all, you need to stop stalking your ex, it's not a healthy thing to do, and second, I'm going to give you fifteen seconds to pay me my money and take the painting before I decide that maybe someone else would be a better fit for the painting." Juhyun crossed her arms over her chest as she sat up straighter, looking down at the watch on her wrist.

Jooheon rolled his eyes and let out a sigh, "Alright, alright, aish," He pulled a thick manila envelope from his jacket pocket and slid it across the table, taking the painting and pulling it into his lap.

Juhyun checked to make sure it was all there before placing the envelope inside her jacket, "Pleasure doing business with you, Jooheonie; remember, stop stalking your ex-girlfriend and also know that if you try to double cross me, I've got more dirt on you than the dirt you think you have on me."

Juhyun got up before he could say anything more and left the diner with a smirk on her face, not only because she successfully passed off a forgery as the real thing and still got paid for but also for making a little bonus cash from his ex. It felt like a productive morning for her.

She exited outside the dinner, pulling her leather jacket closer to her body; it may not have been too cold out so early in the morning but the slight breeze wasn't exactly welcoming. Juhyun was just about to head in the direction of her apartment when a body collided with her own, almost sending her flying to the round if the stranger's arms hadn't held her up.

Juhyun looked up at the stranger and was a little short of breath. To put it bluntly, he was gorgeous. Everything about his face was attractive, from his dark, piercing eyes to the very chiseled appearance of his jawline.

Of course, his features weren't too distracting for Juhyun to carefully pick his pockets.

"Are you alright?" There was a slight concern in his voice but she could see the annoyance in his eyes; as if it were her fault that he bumped into her but she wasn't here to pick any fights so earlier in the day.

Juhyun nodded as she stood up straight and placed her hands in her pockets, concealing whatever she was able to get her hands on from the guy. "Yeah, all fine here. Sorry about running into you."

The man nodded at her and took a step back, "You should watch out next time, could run into some danger if you're not careful." That sounded vaguely like a threat to her but Juhyun didn't seem to take it seriously as she saw a small smirk on the man's face before he turned his back to her and continued walking in the direction he was going before he collided with her.

Juhyun scoffed, apparently, he thought he was all big and bad with the way he carried himself as he walked away but that didn't make Juhyun's blood run cold with fear for even a second. She turned and headed in the direction of her apartment; Juhyun pulled the items she'd taken from the guy, very proud that he didn't even suspect a thing for a second. She was very proud of herself for how talented she was.

Meanwhile, Sehun was heading back to headquarters when he remembered he was going to notify Suho that he was on his way back but stopped short when he patted down his pockets and couldn't feel his phone. When continued patting himself down, he realized he couldn't find his wallet either. Trying to think back to the last place he remembered having, Sehun's thoughts wandered back to the girl he ran into outside a diner; he faintly recalled her hands close to his waist but he didn't think she could've picked his pockets without him noticing.

He turned back and ran back to the diner in hopes of finding the girl but she was nowhere to be seen and there was nothing giving away which direction she went. Sehun cursed to himself and started to make a brisk walk back to headquarters. I'll find that girl, it's not like she can hide from me, he thought to himself, it's not like I'm the King of Seoul for nothing.