Will you be mine?

Please, Be Mine Valentine

A/N: Hello readers, now I myself am not one for Valentine’s Day. I think it’s sweet though for all the lovey dovey couples. So, in spirit of Valentine’s Day I wrote this cute Seulrene one shot. And I hope that you all enjoy it. And, Happy Valentines day ^^


 

Bae Joohyun has never been a fan of Valentine's Day. Always, seeing it as a way to con couples out of their money, by spending it on one another. All for the sake of a made up holiday. Not to mention all of the overly gross couples in love, or lust as the case may be. She may not be the biggest fan of said day. But she can respect the couples who are genuinely in love, and just happy to be together. It must be a nice feeling to find someone perfect for you.

 

At the moment she isn’t involved romantically with anyone. However, she does have a long term secret admirer. Every year without fail someone leaves a cute handmade card, rose, and a teddy bear for her. The card is usually so sweet that Joohyun can never bring herself to throw it away. And at home she has a collection of white, brown, pink, and her most favorite purple bear that she keeps closest to her. There are even adorable drawings of what she assumes is supposed to be her and the admirer.

 

There’s a bear, (probably the admirer) always giving a bunny (it’s definitely her) gifts. Sometimes roses, chocolates, and the words, please be mine is usually written in comic bubbles. It honestly could be anyone in the office. As for some reason, no one has seen the person leave the gifts for her. It’s been 4 years of not knowing who the admirer is. Joohyun is determined to find out who it could be.

 

She has to at least thank them for giving her such a sweet gift for the last four years. No matter what, today she will learn the identity of this person. As she makes her way inside the company building. Someone rushes past her in a hurry. She can tell from the footsteps alone that it’s, Kang Seulgi. She’s a nice coworker or boss really, as she has just been promoted, that she interacts with only professionally. In truth, she’d really like to get to know her better. She is still remembering the kind, nice woman who helped her out on her first day at work. If she were being honest. She also has a crush on the pretty, monolid woman.

 

She can tell from her rushed footsteps that she’s running late. She’s almost always running late from what, Joohyun can tell. Sometimes, she looks like she has really woken up a matter of moments ago, but still looks so attractive at the same time.

 

“Seulgi, hi.” She smiles and waves to the slightly taller brunette. Seulgi pauses mid step and almost trips right away. Joohyun is already prepared to see if she needs to help her. Luckily, Seulgi doesn’t fall, and turns to Joohyun with her own warm smile.

 

“Hi, Joohyun. Good morning.”

 

“Good morning, you’re in a hurry.”

 

“Yeah, I’m running late. I always oversleep, no matter how many alarms I set.” She chuckles in such an adorable manner.

 

“Well, better late than never, right?”

 

“Right.” Seulgi agrees. “Oh, I need to get off at this floor. Have a good day, Joohyun.”

 

“Thank you, you too.”

 

She smiles softly to herself even as, Seulgi waves a hasty goodbye to her. If she could think of anyone she’d like to be the secret admirer. Then it would be, Seulgi. She doubts that she’s the one, though. That would be too good to be true. When she makes it to her desk, there is no sign of her usual gifts. But, Joohyun isn’t worried because it’s early. At some point they will be there. She’s just determined to find who leaves them. The raven is barely in her seat when her two younger friends, Joy and Yeri come over. They startle her by yelling loudly right behind her ear. The poor woman jumps out of her chair, and almost falls to the ground. Making the younger women laugh at her, because why would they help her.

 

“Oh, unnie you’re always scared of everything.” The taller, dark-haired girl, Joy laughs while hitting her shoulder.

 

“It’s always funny to scare you, unnie. Good morning!” The smaller brunette, Yeri grins.

 

Joohyun rolls her eyes. These two kids often get on her nerves, but she loves them all the same. She turns to see them dressed in matching Valentine’s sweaters. Both in red with the words “I’m in love with Stupid".  It’s honestly insulting to both of them. Joohyun doesn’t find herself surprised in the least. It was probably something they even planned together.

 

“So, you’re both stupid, then?” The raven teases.

 

“Yah! It was a joke, of course I love my, Yerimie.” Joy grabs the smaller girl and kisses her cheeks several times. Yeri pushes Joy away from her.

 

“Ugh, get off of me! Anyway, are you excited, Joohyun-unnie. Your secret admirer will probably leave your gift soon.”

 

“I still can’t believe we don’t know who it is. It’s been four years. Unnie, who do you think it could be?”

 

Joohyun doesn’t want to admit who she would like it to be. If she speaks it out loud then it may not come true. It’s most likely probably not Seulgi, anyway.

 

“I don’t know, but I plan to find out today. It’s weird how no one has ever seen them.”

 

“Yeah.” Joy nods in agreement. “It’s like they are some kind of ninja or, something. What will you do when you find out?”

 

If it’s, Seulgi she will ask her for a date. The woman is her crush anyway, what better way to get to know her finally than a date. If it’s not, Seulgi, and someone she’s not interested in. She will still thank them, as the whole thing is flattering.

 

“I don’t know. I’ll figure it out when I meet them.”

 

“Good luck, unnie.” Yeri cheers her on. “I hope it’s someone you like.”

 

“Let us know if you need our help.” The taller girl tells her. Joohyun makes a face at that. She definitely doesn’t want any help from these two. They usually make things worse than they need to be.

 

“Um, I’ll let you know.”

 

“Fine, don’t take our help! You don’t know what you’re missing unnie. Come on Yerimie, babe let’s go.” She pulls her along even while the brunette complains to her. Joohyun can’t help her laugh when she sees the way they briefly argue. They are really an adorable pair and she knows how much they really do love one another. The raven then turns on the computer and gets to work. She supposes she will find out the admirer’s identity before the day is over.

 

Meanwhile, Kang Seulgi gets to her own office. She’s been at the company for several years and has been promoted up to a higher position. The kind where she has her own office, and people come to her with many issues that she has to fix, so her bosses don’t have to deal with it. She places a plain brown carry bag underneath her desk for safe keeping. Before, she can even really begin her day. There is a gentle knock on the office door.

 

“Wan, hey.” She nods without looking up. She knows the kind of knocking that belongs to her best friend. Seungwan works in accounting but they find time to meet up for lunch when they can.

 

“Hey Seul, you’re early. Well early for you anyway.” The small blonde teases her. Seulgi laughs dryly.

 

“So funny, Son Seungwan. What’s up? What brings you by so early?”

 

“I just wanted to bring you some breakfast. I know you probably didn’t get to eat.” She offers over breakfast and some tea. The monolid brunette thanks her. Seungwan is always looking out for her. And she would have probably starved to death a long time ago if it weren’t for her.

 

“Thanks, Wannie. I was in a rush to get here.”

 

“You are always in a rush to get here. Were you getting your gifts for your crush.” She nudges her in the arm. Seulgi turns so red very fast. Of course as her best friend Seungwan knows all about her crush on Bae Joohyun. She also knows how she has been giving her gifts every year for the last 4 years. What Seungwan doesn’t understand is how come Seulgi won’t tell her the truth.

 

“Be quiet, Wan.”

 

“What, it’s not like she’s right outside the door or anything. Seul, what are you so afraid of? You should tell her that the gifts are from you.”

 

Seulgi hears what, Seungwan is saying, and if she were braver. She would definitely tell, Joohyun she is the admirer. She’s just nervous to do so. Joohyun is a goddess of a woman, and way out of her league. At least, Joohyun hasn’t thrown away any of her gifts which is a huge plus so far.

 

“Wan, have you seen her! She’s a legit goddess, and way out of my league.”

 

“Well, we’ve all seen her. Sure she’s pretty but, Seul have you seen a mirror lately. You’re really gorgeous too. In fact, half of the building has some sort of crush on you.”

 

That makes the brunette chuckle though, nervously. She doesn’t even want to think of people here crushing on her. She is technically the supervisor to many of them, and then things get complicated.

 

“Can we not talk about that, please?”

 

“Seul, I really want for you to be happy, and it’s obvious you really like her. At least, promise me that you will confess if you get the chance. Don’t let another year go by without admitting it’s you.”

 

The monolid woman nods that she understands. Unfortunately, they can’t keep talking because she does have work to do. Starting with tons of emails she has to respond too. She won’t drop off her gifts to, Joohyun now. She always waits until when everyone is gone, or at lunch when the office floor she works on is less busy. Seulgi can still remember their first meeting.

 

(Flashback)

 

Seulgi had been on her way to the office. Tea in one hand, phone in the other. When she notices up ahead a gorgeous woman, dressed in a purple blouse and dark slacks. The woman looks like she is worriedly checking her phone, and that she is most likely lost. Seulgi makes her way over to her.

 

“Hi, are you alright?”

 

The woman turns, slightly startled by the interruption.

 

“Oh, I’m fine. I just think I’ve got the wrong directions.”

 

“Maybe, I can help. Where are you going?”

 

The woman shows her the directions to the company building. Seulgi can hardly believe that this gorgeous woman is about to come to the company she works.

 

“Are you applying for a job? I work there, would you like to walk together?” Seulgi offers with a warm smile. The raven haired woman nods in thanks and follows her. Seulgi wants to make some light conversation with her. But, is under the impression she might not really like that. So she keeps it silent until they get into the building.

 

“Well, here we are. Do you need some help finding the right department?”

 

“Yes, thank you for helping me.”

 

“Oh, no problem um…” Seulgi realizes then that she doesn’t know her name.

 

“I’m, Joohyun. Bae Joohyun.”

 

“Hi. I’m, Kang Seulgi, and it’s nice to meet you.”

 

(End)

 

 From there, Seulgi had been completely smitten. They never interact on other than a friendly, professional manner. But she definitely has a crush on her. She stares down at the bag that has the card, teddy bear, rose, and mini carrot cake. She found out by chance that Joohyun loves carrot cake. How fitting since she looks like an adorable bunny to her. Maybe Seungwan isn’t wrong and that she should tell her she’s the admirer.

 

Joohyun, is once again interrupted by, Joy and Yeri. They have lists of all the employees and sit down on her desk.

 

“What the hell are you both doing?”

 

“We’re going to help you, unnie. Let’s throw some names out there.” The taller girl begins.

 

“How about, Kim Jennie?” Yeri offers first.

 

“Um, Jennie has a thing with, Lisa I think.”

 

“True.” Joy nods. “Okay, how about, Taeyeon-unnie?”

 

“The woman who everyone says looks like me!” Joohyun shouts in disbelief. She has seen Taeyeon and she is gorgeous, but the reigning joke is that everyone says they look alike. How weird would that be?

 

“Well, fine. Want us to mention some men?” Yeri laughs at, Joohyun’s disgusted face. She doesn’t like men and they know that.

 

“Do that and die!”

 

“Okay, okay jeez.” Joy laughs then looks through the list again.

 

“I’m going to make myself some tea.” The raven decides.

 

“Oh, Seulgi-ssi.” Yeri says suddenly and that makes Joohyun turn bright red. Just before she can whisper to them it can’t be, Seulgi. Joy also says her name.

 

“Hi, Seulgi, or Boss Kang!”

 

Joohyun turns to see the monolid woman is indeed walking over. God, is she so gorgeous. The suit alone is so y on her.

 

“Joy, it’s just, Seulgi.” She gently reminds her.

 

“Well, you’re the supervisor of us. So you’re my boss. Do you know, Joohyun-unnie?”

 

“Yes, hi again, Joohyun.”

 

“Hi.” Joohyun smiles in such a way that, Joy and Yeri exchange looks with one another. They have known Joohyun for a while now, and they never see her smile quite like that. Is it possible, Joohyun has a crush on their boss, pretty much. Seulgi notices the purple bear she had given to her last Valentine’s Day just sitting on her desk, close to the computer.

 

“Oh, nice bear.”

 

“Yeah it’s, unnies most favorite of her bears. She gets one every Valentine’s.” Yeri broadcasts.

 

“Shut up, Yeri!” Joohyun says through clenched teeth. Although, it’s true that she loves her purple bear most of all.

 

“Unnie, has a secret admirer. We’re hoping to find out soon.” Joy tells Seulgi, who does nothing but offer a warm smile. In the inside though she’s freaking out. God, she hopes they don’t have any idea it’s her. The way that, Joohyun pulls the purple bear away from, Yeri in such a protective manner, makes her smile internally.

 

“Oh, well do you want to know who they are?” Seulgi asks Joohyun. If she has an idea of where the raven’s head is. Then maybe she can really admit her crush.

 

“I do.” Joohyun nods. “I want to at least thank them.”

 

“I hope you find out too, Joohyun.” Seulgi doesn’t stay long though. She goes to grab herself some coffee and leaves. Yeri and Joy use their time to grill, Joohyun.

 

“Unnie, so you have a crush on, Seulgi-ssi?”

 

“I….” The raven pauses. She doesn’t want to tell them it’s true. They will never let her be if they know of her crush on Seulgi. The only thing she can do is try not to be so obvious about it.

 

“She’s our boss sort of. Why would I try to do something like that.”

 

“Why wouldn’t you? She’s so hot!” Yeri shouts with heart eyes forming and, Joy hits her. But not before agreeing with Yeri that Seulgi is definitely hot.

 

“Ow, what did you hit me for?”

 

“Because you’re my girlfriend. Don’t get any ideas. Well, to be honest she is super y.”

 

Joohyun can’t hide her face of displeasure. She knows how y, Seulgi is. She’s known this for years. She doesn’t want for them to possibly be making moves on her potential girlfriend.

 

“Don’t you all have work to do.”

 

“No, not really.” Yeri shrugs.

 

“We’re thinking of going to have an early lunch, want to come?” Joy offers. Joohyun doesn’t think they should just be leaving to have an early lunch any kind of way. Plus, if she leaves how will she find out who the admirer is. She decides to not go with them, but tells her friends to bring her back some takeout.

 

“Sure, thing unnie. Three orders of chicken coming right up!”

 

“No! Don’t you dare bring back any chicken, or I’m done with both of you.”

 

The two younger women cackle loudly and head to the elevator. They’d better not bring some chicken back for her, or she’s seriously done with them forever. She looks up when she spots Seulgi again. Only, the brunette is not alone. She’s walking by with that, blonde she’s always with. There’s always been the rumor that they have some sort of thing going on. Joohyun sighs in disappointment at the sight of them. They do seem closer than anyone else in the office. If Seulgi has a girlfriend. Then there is no way she’s the one sending her these sweet gifts. The raven picks up her purple bear, and holds it to herself for a moment.

 

Now, she doesn’t know what to do. If Seulgi isn’t the one sending her gifts. Then maybe she doesn’t want to know after all. She takes one more look at Seulgi getting into the elevator with the blonde. The smaller woman has her head on her left shoulder and they are both laughing about something. Yeah, perhaps she does have a girlfriend after all.

 

Seungwan has taken notice to the way, Joohyun was holding onto the purple bear. That is definitely someone who wants to know who her admirer is. She’s hoping to make one more attempt at convincing, Seulgi she should go for it.

 

“Hey, Seul. I think she really wants to know the truth.”

 

“Wan, I’m too nervous to say it’s me. That’s why I’ve been leaving them behind at her desk.”

 

“Seul, what if she could be your future girlfriend? You’re missing out on an opportunity. I think you should go for it.”

 

The brunette does give a nod, and she thinks about what, Seungwan is saying. Anything is worth a try she supposes.  Worst case scenario, Joohyun turns her down, or she might want to get to know her better too. She can’t get over how Joohyun held onto the bear, though. That means she does indeed keep all of her gifts so far. It does leave, Seulgi with a hopeful feeling going forward.


 

For the rest of her day, Joohyun debates with herself on what she should do. Joy and Yeri leave early because they have “plans”. She didn’t want to know anything about those plans. She does however, stay behind intentionally. Even when everyone leaves and it’s just her on the floor. She decides it’s better to know. Despite, how her heart hurts a bit that it’s probably not Seulgi. So, what she does is hide in sight of her desk, but not where the person can see her. She knows they don’t like to reveal themselves. So, at least she can see them before they take off. It feels like time is moving by so slow. Up until the moment she hears the elevator ring, and someone is heading over.

 

There is someone holding a plain bag in one hand, rose in the other. They are dressed really causal, too. In a dark hoodie, shades and skinny jeans looking as if they are anyone and not a coworker. The person seems to be nervously trying to figure out if they should leave the gift or not. Seulgi paces back and forth for a second. Each time she gets to Joohyun’s desk she backs out. She left a note that explains it’s her, so it’s better than nothing she supposes.

 

“Okay, Seul you can do this. There isn’t anyone here and…” She finally turns back to leave the bag but moves again.

 

“Screw it! I can’t…” She tries to leave entirely, only Joohyun calls out.

 

“Hey, wait please don’t leave. I just want to know who you are.”

 

She makes her way closer and Seulgi can feel her chest tighten. , as well threatening to close up.

 

“, really.” Seulgi facepalms. There isn’t a lot she can do though. She can either make a run for it. Or, finally just tell Joohyun it’s been her for the past four years.

 

“It’s alright if you’re nervous. I’m nervous too.” Joohyun admits to her softly. As her heart really does feel like it’s about to come flying out of her chest. She tries to touch the woman to get her to turn around. However, she turns suddenly and shoves the rose into her hand.

 

“Oh, um, thank you.” Joohyun nods. “I’ve been hoping to meet you finally. You’ve given me so many nice gifts these last four years. And I still don’t know who you are. Is it okay, if I take of your sunglasses.”

 

Seulgi gives a nod, since she doesn’t have a full voice right now. Joohyun comes closer and gently takes off her sunglasses. When she sees those familiar, gorgeous monolid eyes, staring back into her own chocolate, brown orbs. She can feel her heart do somersaults at the fact that it’s, Seulgi. Oh, wow it’s Seulgi her crush. This must be a dream.

 

“Seulgi?”

 

“Uh, hi…” The brunette chuckles nervously. “Surprise.”

 

“I can’t believe it’s you.” She whispers, then realizes something else important. She hits Seulgi in the arm.

 

“Ow, hey!”

 

“What are you doing? What about your girlfriend? You can’t be giving me gifts for years, when you’re dating someone else.”

 

She hits Seulgi in the arm again. How could she be her secret admirer when she’s with someone.

 

“Hey, I don’t have a girlfriend.”

 

“Oh, yeah right. That girl you’re always with.” She attempts to hit Seulgi again, but she backs up.

 

“No, don’t hit me again. I don’t have a girlfriend. If you’re talking about, Seungwan. She’s my best friend, okay. I wouldn’t be doing this. If I had a girlfriend.”

 

Joohyun’s gaze softens as she hears the sincerity in Seulgi’s voice. Then it finally fully it’s her. Seulgi is the one, the admirer who has been giving her such sweet gifts.

 

“You’re not together with anyone?”

 

“No, I’m not.”

 

“Good.” Joohyun sighs in relief. “I can’t believe it’s you though. I hoped so, but it seemed impossible.”

 

Seulgi can’t hide her surprise. Joohyun wanted it to be her all along? Then that means she must like her too.

 

“You did, really?”

 

“Yes.” The raven smiles. “I actually have this pretty serious crush on you, Seulgi. To know it’s you, I can’t even believe it still.”

 

“I really, like you a lot, too. I’ve been nervous to admit it’s me. So, I would leave the gifts for you when no one was around.”

 

Joohyun takes a hold of her hand and squeezes. She can tell, Seulgi is still nervous. So, if she can help her now she wants to.

 

“Well, it’s just you and me here. Would you like to give me the gift in person?”

 

“Sure.” Seulgi nods and carefully opens the bag. She takes out the card first that has the note attached.

 

“I’m the bear, obviously and you’re the bunny. In this card, I’m asking you out on a proper date, finally.” She gestures to the cute bear, asking the bunny out with gifts in hand.

 

“All of your cards are so sweet, Seulgi. I kept them all.”

 

“You did?”

 

“I did.” Joohyun promises.

 

“I’m glad you liked them. They turned out more silly than I wanted. I couldn’t think of anything better but to draw my feelings. I also have this bear.” She takes out a yellow one this time.

 

“I keep every bear too, but the purple one is my most favorite. It’s my favorite color.” Joohyun explains.

 

“I know, I guessed because you wear it a lot. I bought the yellow one because it’s my favorite color, and maybe, the purple one could stay with the yellow one?”

 

It sounds so adorable and sweet. The way she says it so hopefully. Joohyun takes the yellow one from, Seulgi and sits it down with her purple one. They do look adorable together. Perhaps yellow and purple should always remain together.

 

“I think they look like they should stay together, right?” Joohyun gives such a warm smile.

 

“I, uh…” Seulgi’s face turns red. She secretly hope though that Joohyun means it to apply to the two of them as well.

 

“Oh, and also this.” She takes out the box of carrot cake. The way, Joohyun’s eyes light up is a sight that, Seulgi finds she wants to see again. In fact, she wants to make her smile that way more often.

 

“How did you know I love carrot cake?”

 

“I’m not a stalker, I promise. I just found out from overhearing you talking about your favorite cake.”

 

“This is very sweet, Seulgi. I can’t believe you pay so much attention.”

 

“I really like you, alot, Joohyun.”

 

“I like you a lot too, Seulgi. I’m really so glad, you’re the admirer.”

 

“Well, I’m glad, that you’re glad.” She cringes internally at how awkward she sounds. Then she facepalms in such a cute way. That, Joohyun can’t help to chuckle. Seulgi gets so lost in her adorable laugh. She doesn’t even hear, Joohyun call her at first.

 

“Hey, Seulgi. I noticed, you didn’t have the bunny answer the bear’s question, in the card.”

 

“Yeah, I didn’t know if you would want to.”

 

“Can you ask me now?”

 

The monolid woman feels her heart beating faster. But not because she’s nervous. Joohyun seems glad that it’s her, and that makes her more excited than anything else.

 

“Bae Joohyun, would you like to go out on a date with me?”

 

“I would love too.” She leans over and kisses her cheek. If it’s possible to turn even more red Seulgi does. Joohyun grins and kisses her other cheek.

 

“You’re such an adorable bear, Seulgi. In fact, I really should have seen it before.” She cups her cheeks in her hands, as she can see the cute bear-like resemblance.

 

“I can’t believe I was so nervous.”

 

“It’s okay. I know now, and I look forward to that date with you.” She assures then collect all the gifts and places them carefully back into the bag. There was something about this card that was different from all the others. It didn’t say “please be mine”. Joohyun turns to, Seulgi while taking both of her hands.

 

“Hey, Seulgi will you please be my valentine?”

 

It takes no time for, Seulgi to know what she’s referring to. Wow, she really does keep all her cards. That makes her heart feel so warm inside that, Joohyun has read and kept all her thoughtful cards.

 

“Only, if you’ll be mine.” She smiles with eyes forming crescents. Well, she’s agreed to be hers as well. There is only one more thing left to do. Joohyun gently leans forward and takes a slow, careful hold of her lips. Seulgi is frozen for a moment, before realizing it is indeed, Joohyun kissing her. The object of her affections for the past 4 years. She slowly wraps her arms around the slightly taller woman’s waist to deepen their kiss. It’s so slow, soft at first as their lips meet. Once comfortable though, their lips meet over and over for several long, wonderful minutes. They break away for air at the same time. Joohyun reaches over to push a strand of her brown hair from her eyes.

 

“I’m always your Valentine, Kang Seulgi.”



 

A/N: This Seulrene Valentine’s Day oneshot is done, but I think it turned out very cute overall.Technically, Seulgi actually likes orange in real life as her fave color, but for the sake of the fic it's yellow like her designated color. I hope you all enjoyed this too. And again Happy Valentines Day ^^