One

Glow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Noona.”

You blinked as you looked at the boy sitting next to you. “Hm? What is it?”

He merely grinned at you and shook his head. “Nothing, I just wanted you to look at me.”

You flicked his forehead lightly. “Yah. PD-nim will get mad at me if I don’t finish this on time, so please help noona out, hm?”

“Arasso, arasso.” Jisung then sat up straight and focused on the sheet of paper in front of you. You were supposed to write rap lyrics for your special stage in a special stage for the upcoming jypnation concert, but you had a difficulty writing lyrics. This kid beside you, on the other hand, treats writing as if it were as easy as saying the alphabet out loud.

It’s no wonder he’s gained popularity already, even if technically, his group hasn’t debuted yet.

“Hey, noona. How about interchanging this line” He pointed at the first line of the verse. “…with this line.” He then pointed at the third line. “It sounds more coherent that way, don’t you think?”

You started pronouncing the words and when they came, it was much better than how it sounded the first time. “Wah. Daebak! This sounds way better.” You looked at Han Jisung and gave him a thumbs up.

“Why are you so good at this?” You pouted. “On top of that, you sing really well, too! Aish. Why is the world so unfair?”

“Does that make me look more attractive to you, noona?” He wriggled his eyebrows at you, making you laugh.

“You look like a baby smurf. Kyeopta.”

“I like your laugh, Dahyun-noona. It sounds genuinely…happy.”

You looked at Jisung who at that exact moment looked wistful as he stared at you.

“Yah. What laugh isn’t happy anyway? Why would it be called a laugh if it isn’t happy?” You ruffled his hair gently, letting out a soft chuckle.

Jisung stared at you as he took hold of your hand, gently thumbing circles at the back of it.

Startled at his actions, you stammered. “W-wae?”

He looked at you blankly for a good feew seconds befoe he shook his head and gave you that cheeky grin of his. “Nothing, noona. You were just ruining my style! Geez.”

He abruptly let go of your hand as he put his attention back to lyric-making.

 You mimicked his posture and tried to concentrate as well, but you found yourself sneaking glances at the younger male next to you and tried to associate the jittery feeling you had at the pit of your stomach. Mwoya?

“Dahyunie, are you done? We’re about to grab dinner!” Sana called your name from outside the studio.

“Ah, aniyo unnie. But I guess we can take a break. I’m hungry!” You replied.

“Jisungie, you should come with us! We’re eating chicken!”

You looked at Jisung who was probably contemplating on whether to come to dinner with 9 girls.

“It’s okay, Sana-noona. I’ll just text Chan-hyung to bring me some food later. Thank you.”

“Are you sure you don’t want to come with us? I’ll treat you!” You offered Jisung, but he just smiled at you and shook his head.

“Thank you, noona but I’ll be fine. I’ll see you later, okay?”

You gave a nod. “Arasso. But don’t forget to eat, okay? I’ll bring you back some dessert.”

“Thanks, noona.”

You patted his head gently with a grin. “I’ll be back soon, kiddo. Don’t miss me too much.”

“Nae, noona.”

 

Dinner with your unnies took longer than expected, and when you came back to the headquarters, it was almost 11pm.

“Dahyunie, we’re just going to grab our things and head back to the dorm. Are you sure you’re going to stay here?” Momo asked you.

You smiled at her and nodded. “Nae, unnie. I need to finish the lyrics tonight so I can practice. Plus, Jisung might be waiting for me.”

Momo smiled at you. “Arasso. Just make sure you text us when you’re on your way home, okay?”

“Nae, unnie. I’ll go to the studio now! Text me when you get home, unnie.”

“Nae, baby. Be safe!” Momo and your other unnies waved at you.

You waved at your unnies before proceeding to go to the studio.

When you got to the studio, Jisung’s things were still there, but he wasn’t.

Where could he have gone?

You pulled your phone out of your pocket and texted Jisung.

 

To: Han Jisung

Eodiya? I brought ice cream. You better come fast or it might melt.

 

While waiting for Jisung, you eye the piano inside the studio and smile. It’s been a while.

You sit in front of the piano and touch its keys. You gently press each one and smile.

Your fingers find their way to the keys and start playing a melody you had liked since you were young.

[play Haru haru by bigbang]

You were done playing the intro when someone started rapping the lyrics charismatically along to your piano playing. You continued playing while you turned to look at the owner of the voice with a smile.

Aish. This kid really has it all. Not only can he rap…

You listened as the verse transitioned into the chorus with Han Jisung singing its melody. He slowly made his way to you and motioned for you to move over so that he could sit beside you.

In between singing, he whispered into your ear, “Sing it with me, Dahyun-noona.”

You were not that confident with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter