Cypher 4

Regarding Reincarnation As a Boy & Being Scouted In BTS

Cypher 4 — Chasing

“Ah, I can’t believe we all have chosen the same person. I thought that we would be having a competition to choose which one of our scouted boys or make them compete.” Namjoon whose averseness was pretty much solid at first talked positively now as they were almost near the end of their quest.

“It’s good that we’re almost done with the 1st part.” Hoseok was a bit relieved he do not have to wear girl clothes anymore.

“Ah, by the way... how do we find that boy? We don’t even know his name.” Jimin asked them.

Everyone turned silent this time. They indeed successfully found the guy but how do they find him? If it were the usual style of choosing a member, like choosing from the trainees of Big Hit Entertainment, it would be easier but as of now, there are only female trainees. What about those backup dancers? At first they cannot believe that there is no male trainees in their agency but after hearing the truth from Bang PD-nim, everyone’s eyes widened.

“They all rejected my offer to add them to the group.”

BTS does not feel insulted by this as they know the reason why the trainees would all reject the offer. Aside from the stress of an idol, the amount of negative criticisms, packed up schedules, extreme dance choreography and singing, they would also be under the pressure of being part of BTS who has already made a name for themselves, not to mention the possibility of being subject to death threats. The trainees knows that stardom are not all about sunshines and rainbows. That is why BTS also raised their voice to Bang PD-nim about the negative impact of adding new members: how it will affect the relationships of each members, how it will weigh the equality of their song lines implicitly talking about Seokjin, the possibilities of group feuds, peer pressures and so on. Because of this, Bang PD-nim explained to them that their group indeed needs to be symmetrical. Being eight members gives new opportunities and new ideas to the group. While he also explained the luckiness of number eight, the members still felt bad however no one decided to leave. Bang PD-nim has foreseen this as he sees the boys loyalty and trust strongly tied to him and the Big Hit staffs. This urged him to give the boys the rights to pick their new members. Despite giving them such a favour, the boys still held a bit of grudge to Bang PD-nim over such sudden action albeit the PD-nim saying that there are a whole bunch of new other (good) news he will tell them, the boys are not happy that they did not get a better response on their questions.

It’s not easy to pick a new member for their group despite how easily it can be ordered. Why? Every members of the group went through hell just to get where they are now. Most of them waited years and years to graduate as an idol from being a trainee. They waited 2 years to get their first award. They suffered constant bawdry from individuals both from South Korea and international individuals, moulding their personalities and perspectives that drove them to have a greater perspective in life. Their songs that were filled with strong emotions deeply struck their fans, the ARMYs who defended them from their belittlers and pettifoggers, who were always sending them motivational letters and sometimes gifts. How will they react to this, that again gave some headaches. Such an idea as to add a new member, it left heavy feelings on their hearts. Even the little handicap from their PD-nim cannot outgrow the hidden turmoil inside them. Although everyone felt angry, they finally decided to do as they are told. That is why they made sure that each members know what and how to do scouting. Even though the boys know that abilities of dancing can’t be measured in simple glance like those in arcades and singing on noraebang, they still decided on they check them all out personally. Prolly, everyone was seriously looking for one but those who went far and made a rather intimate conversation was Yoongi who was stalking Jaeyeol for 3 days.

“I saw him write songs. It seems he’s is forced to go to attend SOPA.” Yoongi said suddenly, taking out some 11-14 papers. He got the papers when Jaeyeol dropped them while he was chasing him.

“This is... something like a girl should write.” Namjoon said after taking a glance, albeit saying that, he thinks that the writing style is unique.

“This one feels like heart aching song.” Jimin said, following the tune of the melody written down.

“Ahh... let me see.” Taehyung who took another paper tried to sing some lines. “So high! Jimin-ah try this one.

The living room was filled by various voices. Just like a chaotic place, each one was doing their own thing. Even their pets started to feel worried of their master that one can read their painful howl. It continued until Yoongi who’s writing something on his notes shouted.

“Did you guys know mechanical pencils are sharp?”

Everyone was silent for a few minutes as they tried to sing the compositions in their heads. It didn’t completely went silent though as Taehyung suddenly cried.

“Ah! I forgot to show everyone the videos! I got his videos.” Everyone crowded next to him as Jaeyeol’s stolen video of singing in the noraebang showed.

---

While BTS are at the edge of their 2 weeks deadline for scouting, Bang PD-nim called the managers and told them about the situations of the boys. The managers divulged that the boys successfully found one already but the question is how they will approach the target—Ku Jaeyeol. Bang PD-nim was silent for a while until his eyes lit up and he formed a rather dangerous smirk. Calling the attention of all BTS managers, he told them a big handicap to help BTS.

---

Timidly rapping a song, Ku Jaeyeol perfectly remembered the lines and is rehearsing with his classmates, albeit his unwillingness to rap publicly.

Mic mic bungee
Bright light jeonjin
Manghal geo gatassgessjiman I’m fine sorry
Mianhae Billboard
Mianhae worldwide
Adeuri neom jalnagaseo mianhae eomma
Daesinhaejwo niga moshan hyodo
Uri konseoteu jeoldae eopseo podo
I do it I do it neon maseopsneun rattattui
Hok baega apeudamyeon gosohae
Sue it

The practice room for vocals was being used by Jaeyeol’s group mates and they are all practicing different styles. With the girls singing, the boys decided to rap. Thus, Jaeyeol decided to do the ‘Mic Drop’ of BTS. When he got out of the room, the girls squealed at him.

“Jaeyeol-oppa, which agency are you from?”

“I am... I have not joined any agency yet.” Jaeyeol answered, he somehow remembered the fiasco yesterday at the mall.

“What?! That is a lie, right? How could you not be scouted, for someone as talented as you?”

“Ahhh... that’s because I just moved here in Seoul. I used to live in Nami Island.”

Despite his fidgeting, Jaeyeol managed to divert the topic as they talked about his home town. When the class ended, Jaeyeol was planning to hit the arcade. However, he was suddenly assaulted with a bad feeling.

“Why do I feel something ominous was going to happen if I go there? Maybe I should just go home...”

Jaeyeol had been following his instincts and intuition lately and he knew that while he might not be a psychic, he knew he has the capability to predict things when he concentrates. Although it sometimes bother him that he is turning more and more like a lunatic, his skills when he reincarnated is something that he wants to exercise precisely but stealthily. While thinking so, his phone rang up and the name of his sister popped up. When he answered it, his sister’s voice quickly butchered him.

“Jaeyeol-ah? Why aren’t you answering me? Where are you?”

“I’m about to leave school. I wasn’t able to answer your call because I left my phone in the classroom when I went to the studio. What’s wrong?”

“Nothing, wait for me outside. I’ll come and get you.”

“You will? Why—“ Before he can finish his words, the call was dropped leaving him speechless.

(Why do I feel really bad about this. I just can’t get it off me.)

The blue car swiftly parked in front of the school’s gate and in goes Jaeyeol albeit his suspicions growing bigger than ever. The whole time Jaeyeol felt as if someone is looking at him. His eyes then saw something shining on top of the car’s engine platform. When his hands actioned to grab it, his sister suddenly made a loud cough that surprised him. That ignited some speculation inside Jaeyeol’s mind. The direction the car was moving is different from the direction to their house. Jaeyeol finally made a sound of annoyance.

“Noona, what are you planning this time?” When he asked that, his sister sped up the car giving the latter almost a heart attack.

“It is... a surprise! Yeah, a surprise for Ku Jaeyeol’s return! Ah, we are almost there. Now put this eyepatch on. Do not ever try to peek, okay?”

Still hesitant and suspicious, Jaeyeol followed his sister who is pretty obvious of her deeds. The car suddenly stopped after a few minutes and he heard a few banging sounds of the doors of the car open with his sister saying that she is going to pay for the gas. When the door opens and close again, Jaeyeol heard the engine start. He started to ponder again, why is the car a bit cramped despite him sitting in the passengers seat. Then he heard a troubling sound, there were sounds of sneakers! Aside from him, in their family no one wears sneakers when going out. Does his sister have to go that far to surprise him? In the first place, why is she making those weird sneaker sounds? Then Jaeyeol found a reason to remove his eyepatch. He is thirsty.

“Noona, time out. Give me wa—“

Removing the eyepatch on his eyes abruptly, his eyes opened to see a different person in front of him. It was not his sister.

Sitting there next to him...

The source of inhuman uneasiness that surpasses even death.

“Yah, you’re not supposed to do remove that.” Yoongi’s frustrated female voice rang to Jaeyeol’s ears.

“Sa–Sasaeng fan?! Wha-What did you do to Noona?!”

“Gaah! I’m not a sasaeng fan!”

When Jaeyeol was asking him, his hands were grabbing Yoongi’s collar but somehow, a group of hands stopped him. Thankfully, the car were able to stop safely and Yoongi parked it somewhere near the Big Hit Entertainment building. While BTS members calmed down inside the car, Jaeyeol who was freaking out at the sudden appearance of sasaeng fans (BTS members), stormed out of the car and ran away.

“Yah! Yah! Yah! He’s running away! Don’t let him escape!” Hoseok shouted.

“You brat! I’ll put an end to your social life!” Suga exclaimed, chasing after Jaeyeol with anger surpassing level 9999.

“Hoobae! Don’t be scared! We’re just scouting you!” Jungkook who is inching towards Jaeyeol’s back coaxed the latter who is running for dear life.

“We’re sorry for frightening you! Please... stop... running!” Jin exhaled and fell to ground.

“Hahaha!!! Look at Jungkook-ah! For the first time he hasn’t caught anyone on the run. LOL!” Taehyung was crouching down next to Jin, still laughing.

“Stop... stop chasing after me!” Jaeyeol shouted at Jungkook, “Give me back my Noona!”

“We said—“ Jimin inhaled, “WE DIDN’T KIDNAP YOUR SISTER! WE ARE SCOUTING YOU!”

When Jaeyeol heard what Jimin said, he halted halfway and Jungkook that is chasing him pushed him suddenly down the ground and Taehyun with the rest of BTS who is following him tied him with the rope that Namjoon handed to Jungkook.

“This... is this what you call scouting?!

“Ya, are your ears purely for decorations? From the start I told you we are scouting you. We are from Big Hit.”

When Yoongi came near him, he exhaled loudly out of exhaustion and removed his wig. The rest did too and Namjoon who remove his wig lastly came up to him.

“You guys are...”

“That’s right, we’re BTS and we are scouting you as our next member.”


Thank you for reading!