First & Last

Regrets.(Haneul)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-NOT PROOFREAD YET!!--

 

Byul fluttered her eyes openas she lay on the mattress, still awake despite her various attempts to sleep. The clock that hung on the all waspainfully reminding her that she was a few hour away from performing for her debut stage       


3:37am


Byul sighed and got up slowly, staring at the wall blankly for a good few seconds before letting her feet touch the cold tiled floor and walking out of the room knowing full well she wasn’t going to fall asleep anytime soon.


Stepping foot into the living room, Byul was greeted with a silhouette of someone sitting on the couch. Despite the lack of light and only being able to see the back of the person, Byul had spent enough time with the person (and admiring her) to know the owner of the silhouette seated on the couch.


Stealthily walking towards the figure and then plopping herself on the couch, Byul immediately questioned, “Why are you still up,Unnie?” as she tilted her head towards Yongsun with a lazy smile 
Yongsun could feel a pair of lips grazing her neck and couldn’t help but to instinctively tilt her head to allow Byul more access.
“I could ask you the same thing,Byul-ah”
Byul could barely detect the smile in Yongsun’s voice as she moved back to stare at Yongsun as if she was a masterpiece painted by van Gogh.


“Unnie,I like you”. 

The words flow out of as smoothly as water that she couldn’t even process her words nor is she able to stop herself from saying those words. The next thing she knew was Yongsun moving away from her and staring at her with eyes as wide as saucers and wide opened. 


“Byul-ah… I- W-we can’t do this. It’s just so wrong”
Truth be told, Yongsun actually does like Byulie. Heck, even loves her. However, she can’t say for sure that Byul was worth letting the three years of training go down the drain. Not now, not when they’re barely hours away from finally debuting after those torturous years. She wasn’t going to let these mere feelings get in her way and risk her career..Not when it has barely started.


Yongsun couldn’t even bare to look at Byul’s crestfallen face and thus turning away from Byulyi.
“U-unnie please tell me that even for a second, during all this time we have known each other, that you have had feelings for me?”.  Byulyi desperately asked.


It went silent for a few moment until Byulyi let out a heavy sigh and said, “Hah...I guess never huh? I really thought you liked me, even in the slightest bit...Guess i was a fool for misinterpreting your actions and delusional to believe you fell for me too” before standing up.


The silence ensued but Solar’s dry laughter broke the silence…
“Yah Moon Byulyi.. Are you dumb? Why would i like someone of the same gender as me? Moreover, even if you weren’t a female, why would i harbour feelings for someone like you? Huh? Ah.. I should’ve listened to the other trainees when they talked about how you were disgusting and a lesbian…”


Solar took a deep breath before continuing, “Yah Moon Byulyi, remember this, You are nothing but a disgusting and untalented gay that can’t even sing properly on stage even when you’re about to debut tomorrow… So from now on, don’t even try to come near me…Why? Because you’re disgusting.”
Whipping her head to glare at Byul, Solar proceeded to move towards her room, making sure to stomp her feet and slam the door despite the other two sleeping people in the dorm.

 


Byul stayed seated on the ground as she proceeded to hug her knees as the first tear of despondency broke free, with the rest following in an unbroken stream. Her sniffs and sobs getting softer by the minute as she slowly succumbed to the sleepiness and exhaustion catching up to her. 


Morning came and Byulyi was greeted with the sun shining brightly into the dorm, a total contrast to Byul’s gloomy mood. Looking into the mirror, Byul was staring at her pathetic self on the bathroom’s mirror, almost laughing at herself for looking like she had just lost her entire family in a plane crash though In reality she did lose someone dear to her the previous night.


To say it was awkward and tense would be an understatement. The tension in the air, could be cut with a knife. Seated at the same table and across each other made it obvious that they were fighting although the two youngest seems like they couldn't take a clue and proceeded to tease the two oldest, “What's with the mood here, did the gross touchy-feely couple had a fight or what”


Almost immediately, Solar raised her head and glared at the culprit while Byulyi sighed and stood up,”I'm done eating. Thank you for the meal” even when she had barely touched her food.

 
Dealing with nervousness wasn't Byul’s f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter