First and Last Chapter!!

Remembering me by hating me instead of loving me

I stood in front of a white house that was built somewhere near Hangang. I smiled triumphantly and puffed out my chest then turned to my side. 

"It's finally done." I turned around and saw Bona who had the same grin as me but I could see a glimpse of sadness in her eyes and I chose to ignore it.  

“Yeah, after a good one year, it’s finally done.” I wiped the sweat on me and Bona giggled. 

“And it’s unexpectedly fast.” I glanced at Nayoung who appeared beside me as I nodded my head. 

“Yup. It's actually faster than I expected, not that I am complaining though.” I said.  

"I never knew your forehead is in turquoise in colour." Nayoung smirked as I quickly took out my phone and front camera mode, then I gasped. 

"So that's why you are laughing just now." I pouted and playfully glared at Bona who just nodded her head with a big grin on her face. Nayoung passed me a wet napkin for me to wipe my forehead, thank god that paint was water based.  

"So I guess it's time?" Bona asked as she passed me a letter which was from my rival.  

"Yeah, it's time. I need to go back to settle some stuff and make sure this present is really good to go." I looked at the white house. 

“Present for?” Nayoung lifted her eyebrows while stared at me. 

“For forgiveness, of many sins that I had committed.” I smiled sadly while I think back to that day. 

“You know there's many things I want to scold you but I know with your stubborn mind, you are not going to listen to me so I can just stay silent about this." Nayoung sighed as I chuckled. 

“Sorry for dragging your wife into that mess a year ago.” I smiled as Nayoung waved her hand lazily. 

“It’s fine since you two did came and ask for my permission and inform me about it. If I had found out without knowing it before hand, I will make sure you are now in Hell. Besides, she said and I quoted; ‘It’s the least I can do for my cousin.’ And you know I will do everything for her, even I had to admit I don't like it. “ Nayoung slightly pouted as I gently pushed her arm. 

“Bona, help me thanks the youngsters for helping me. Please come to my office tomorrow morning.” I said as she nodded her head.  

“So what are you going to do now?” Bona asked. 

“I guess it’s time to end this madness.” I smirked, tore the letter in my hand into pieces, threw it and let the wind blew all the pieces away; and walked away. As I drove back to my house, I was calling Dawon. 

“Ayo, what’s up, unnie?” Dawon asked. 

“Dawon, please gather everyone in my office tomorrow..” I said and silence was the only thing replied my at the other side of the life. 

“Unnie, I- Are you sure about this?” Dawon asked with a trembling voice and I understood why did she acted so. 

“Yeah, the house is done, the special gift is done. I think it’s time for me to announce it.” I said. 

“As you wish then, boss.” Dawon hang up as I parked my car. I walked toward my apartment and keyed in the security code that never changed. As I entered the apartment, a memory that I would never wanted to remember started to flood my mind. 

(Flashback) 

“Wu Xuan Yi.” I lifted my head and saw my wife, Cheng Xiao who was 5 months pregnant glaring at me. I just shrugged and walked passed her, at least that was what I planned to if she didn’t grab my hand. 

“Are you ignoring me?!” She asked as I shook away her hand and turned around. 

“Isn’t it obvious?” I sighed and walked toward the living room. 

“Don’t you want to tell me something?” She asked as I sat on the sofa. 

“Nothing that I could think of.”  

“So you are not going to introduce your new lover to me?!” She then threw a stack of photos in front of me. 

“What the-?! YOU HIRED PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR TO STALK ME?!” I stood up, shouting while pointing at the photos. Well of course, I acted as I could never had the heart to raise my voice on her willingly. 

“Yeah! Because you are acting weirdly since a month ago! And thank god I hired one, because if I don’t, I don’t know how long will I be hide from this!”  

“What?! Fine, you found out. Yes, I cheated on you. You know why? Because after you got pregnant, I can’t satisfy my craving and thank god for sending someone prettier than you and willing to satisfy my craving.” I smirked.  

“What did you say?!” 

“Besides, she has better body proportion than you, sweeter voice than you, better at aegyo than you. It’s a perfect package and most important, I love her and she loves me. Shouldn’t you agree that me, Wu Xuan Yi, the richest person in South Korea who owned most of the companies in the worldwide should have a pretty girl by my side and not a fat pregnant girl?” I said. Cheng Xiao just stared at me with anger and hurt in her eyes. I wanted to go and hug her, telling her all was just an act, an act to chase her away from me.  

“Since I am going to chase you away from this house sooner or later. How about now then?” I smiled then turned expressionless. 

“YOU ARE A BASTARD! YOU SHOULD GO TO HELL!” Cheng Xiao shouted and slapped me. 

“WHO DO YOU THINK I’M PREGNANT FOR?! IT’S BECAUSE OF YOU, WHO WANTED A CHILD! THAT’S WHY WE GO TO BANK AND DO THE PROCEDURE! YOU IDIOT! YOU FCKER!”  

“ENOUGH!” I shouted and grabbed both of her hands that were punching me just now. 

“Get lost before I use violence.” I said in a cold tone which successfully chased her out from the house. I sat down, exhausted from the act just now as I smiled sadly at the photo. I guessed my mission was a success then. I was so sorry, Xiao-ah, but-but it’s better if you were not with me. I sighed and took out a document then burnt it by using a lighter. A few days later, Bona was at my house and someone rang the doorbell.  

“I will go open the door. You rest here.” Bona said. 

“YAH! WU XUAN YI!” I turned around and felt a strong punch on my face as I tumble backwards. I wiped away the blood that was at the corner of my mouth and glanced up, only to see a fuming Eunseo glaring at me. 

“What the hell?! SON JU YEON!” Bona shouted as I hold onto her hand, signaling her not to make things worse. 

“You fcking idiot! I TRUST XIAO XIAO TO YOU! I TRUST YOU THAT YOU WON’T HURT HER AND NOW WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO HER?! AND SHE IS PREGNANT WITH YOUR CHILD FOR GOD SAKE!” Eunseo shouted as she pointed at me.  

"Well, technically, it's not my child as it was from a bank." I sighed and somehow it triggered Eunseo more. 

“You cheated on her! YOU BASTARD! YOU-“Eunseo was going to pounce on me if not for Exy who suddenly appeared beside her and pulled her. 

“What?! EXY UNNIE LET ME GO! I NEED TO PUNCH HER!” Eunseo continued to shout as Exy sighed while stared at me. I just smiled weakly and then my facial expression turned stoic when I saw someone who I used to and still love dearly appeared in front of me.  

“Enough, Juyeon-ah.”  

“But Xiao!” 

“I say enough! I told you that we’re here to take my things, not to fight.” Cheng Xiao said while glanced at me.  

“Good then. I am planning to throw it if you are not here to pick them up. Kyulkyung said she is bother by those useless things.” I smirked although my heart was hurt as I saw how the light in Xiao’s eyes dimmed.  

“I will take it back. There’s no need to throw it. Come and help me, Juyeon.” Xiao then entered the house as Eunseo followed her while continued to glare at me. Exy and Bona just stared at me as I shook my head. 

“Hey, Bona-ah, Exy-ah!, Help me lock my door okay? I need to go pick Kyulkyung up!” I shouted as loud as possible, letting Xiao to hear it purposely. 

“You’re going there again?” Exy asked in a soft voice as I nodded my head. 

“Those furniture are not going to assemble themselves, and the paint are not going to stick on the wall by themselves, you know? Besides, the youngsters are waiting for me.” I smiled and walked away after throwing my keys to Exy, not letting Exy and Bona saw how tears slowly escaped my eyes as I walked out from the room. 

(END OF FLASHBACK) 

I shook my head from the memory as I sat on the sofa. After one year, I still couldn’t get rid of Xiao from my mind. As I looked at the kitchen, all I could see just her back, preparing meals for us. As I turned to look beside me, on the sofa, I can only see she is lying there, pouting, wanting to cuddle with me. I turned and looked at the balcony, I can only see her standing there, staring at the night sky with thousands of stars being captured in her eyes. I looked at the door of the bedroom, I can only see her, with her morning hair and lazy smile. ARGH! GOSH! GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF, WU XUAN YI! You chose this so accepted the consequences. 

I took out the stack of photos that Yoojung gave it to me and all the photos were Cheng Xiao and Eunseo, smiling happily, with a baby stroller in front of them. At least out of two of us, she was the one living a happy life. But something got me wondering, why Xiao didn’t accept Eunseo when Eunseo confessed to her last week? Perhaps did Xiao still had feelings for me? No, it can’t be. I had hurt her that badly. I stared at one of the photo, where it had the baby in it. I smiled and gently touched the photo, as if I was touching the baby herself. Yeah, Xiao gave birth to a healthy girl, which she gave name of Wu Xiao Yi.  

I was there when she gave birth to our daughter but I was not around her, not when Eunseo was going to kill me. I sighed and put back the photo, letting my mind flew back to that certain day. 

(FLASHBACK AGAIN) 

“Dude! You need to come! Xiao is giving birth!” I heard Luda shouted in the phone, and I didn’t reprimand Luda for not using honorifics because the first thing I remembered was in the car, speeding to the hospital. There I met Luda who was waiting for me. She brought me to the delivery room but I stopped at the corner when I realized Eunseo and Xiao’s family were there.  

“What’s wrong?” 

“I can’t go. I will just wait at the cafeteria. Just tell me-“ 

“Nayoung unnie will be the one delivering the baby, if you’re curious.” Luda said and I turned around, walked toward Nayoung’s office. Nayoung was preparing herself and was surprised when she saw me. 

‘Xuan Yi?!”  

“Nayoung, if whatever happen to Xiao and the baby, please do your best to save both of them. If you need blood transplant, tell me, I will be at the cafeteria. I will go and help you to save them. You want me to donate my eyes, or ears, or legs, or pancreas, just tell me what you need me to do to save them, okay? I beg you.” I said, full of sincerity as Nayoung nodded her head. 

“I will make sure both of them are safe so you, you need to go find Kyulkyung. Your nose is bleeding.” She said and then I realized there was indeed blood coming out from my nose and my head was aching. 

“I will go find your wife after I receive news from you. This is small case.” I smiled weakly and turned around after wiping the blood which seemed not to stop.  

“No, you need to-“ That was the last thing I heard from Nayoung. The next scene I remembered, was when I woke up and I saw the white ceiling. I groaned as I slowly sat up with the help of a certain someone. I looked beside me and nearly jumped from the bed if not for the IV drip. 

“Cheng Chen?!”  

“Xuan Yi unnie.” Cheng Chen, the younger sister of Cheng Xiao, one of the people that hate me the most was sitting there, staring at me with unreadable expression. 

“You shouldn’t be here.” I said and lowered my head. 

“I know everything. You should stop acting.” I lifted my head and saw a sad smile on her face. 

“Why did you choose to do that instead of-?” 

“I need to do this, Cheng Chen. If I don’t do so, your sister will be endangered.” I said as she sighed. 

“How do you know?” I asked as she gave me a folder, a folder that was so familiar to me. 

“I overheard your conversation with Nayoung unnie and I was the one that helped you to Kyulkyung unnie’s office. I kinda beg Kyulkyung unnie to give me this file.” She said. 

“Please don’t tell her.” I said and stared outside the window. She didn’t reply and silence was the only one engulfing us. It was not causing awkwardness, in fact, it was kind of comfortable. 

“You know, unnie and her daughter are both safe.” She said and I turned my head to her, having a small smile. 

“Is that so? That’s good.”  

“Aren’t you going to see her? I mean, your daughter.”  

“I will, after this.”  

“About the file-“ 

“You can do whatever you want since Kyulkyung gave it to you. Just promise me one thing, never ever let Xiao’s read this.” I stared at her and she nodded her head. 

“I think you should go now. Your parents might be wondering where you were.” I said as she nodded her head. 

“Unnie, I’m sorry for-“ 

“There’s no need for you to apologize. It’s normal action. I hurt her, a precious family of yours.” I smiled and I could saw she was fidgeting. I shook my head and opened my arms. 

“Can you give this useless unnie a hug?” I asked with a gentle smile which caused her to pounce on me, hands gripping on my shirt and started to cry. Cheng Chen kept on apologizing while sobbing, and me, I was just smiling and her back.  

“Hey, how about you bring me to see my daughter?” I asked as she pushed herself away from me. 

“Now?” She wiped her eyes and nose as I nodded my head. 

“But Kyulkyung unnie say-“ 

“Shh, it will be a secret.” I winked and pulled out the IV drip then got out from the bed. Cheng Chen just let me drag her to the nursery room.  

“Hey, that’s her, right?” I asked and pointed at a doll like baby.  

“H-h-how do you know?!” Cheng Chen asked with wide eyes. 

“Of course, I know, it’s my daughter. Anyway, thanks. I need to go now.” I glanced at her back and saw a fuming Kyulkyung was walking, more like stomping toward us. 

“Huh?”  

“Bye!” I turned around and started to run away. 

“YAH!!!!!” And there was Kyulkyung’s shout. 

(END OF FLASHBACK) 

I just stood up and things started to spin in front of me again as I stumbled. I quickly hold onto the sofa to prevent myself to fall. I just shook my head gently and walked toward the kitchen, taking out a few capsules from several bottles in the drawer before popping them into my mouth. I leaned myself at the table and sighed, and suddenly my phone rang. 

“What’s up, Sejeong-ah?” I asked. 

"So I heard that tomorrow we are going to meet up." Sejeong's cheerful voice could be heard. 

“Everything’s done. “I answered as simple as possible. 

“Well, that's fast. So do you receive the letter?” She asked as I sighed. 

"I assume you did then. So when are you going to deal with it?" She asked. 

“Next week. I am going to inform everything tomorrow.”  

"Well, okay then. Are you really sure that you want to face him yourself? After all, he is still your-" Concern was laced in Sejeong’s voice as I chuckled. 

“It’s all because of me that this started. I think I am the one that fit to end this. It's between me and him anyway.” 

“But-“ 

“I have lost the purpose of my life ever since I hurt her, Sejeong-ah. And I didn’t even sign the divorce paper yet. Ahaha” I chuckled as Sejeong remained silence. 

“I am such a pathetic person.” I mumbled. 

“Since you mention about divorce, I need to remind you about the time limit. Since now you and Xiao are only living apart, and the time limit is one year. If after one year, you haven’t sign the paper, Xiao will be living back with you.” Sejeong said as I hummed. 

“And you had one more month, unnie.” Sejeong sighed as I hummed again.  

“I will sign it after I end everything. Don’t worry.”  

“So see you tomorrow then. Take care please.” Sejeong said and ended the call. I just stared at my phone which the wallpaper was Xiao. I smiled sadly and gently touched the photo. 

“Just a few more days, and everything will end. Hang on, Wu Xuan Yi.” I mumbled and went to sleep.  

The next day, I was in my office, working as the leader of Wu Enterprise, one of the leading companies that was involved in biotechnology, medical, land property, technology and hospitality, which earned me a wealthy background. This was all thanks to my father who spent all his youth to build this empire which had passed to me now. As I was reading a file, someone knocked my door.  

"Come in." I said and put down my glasses. Dawon entered the room, wearing her usual secretary uniform. Cheng Xiao was my secretary last time, before we got married and all those things happened; so now it was Dawon who replaced her and I had to say, Dawon was a good secretary and I was going to promote her soon.  

"Everyone's here, Ms.Wu." She said and I nodded my head. 

"Lead them to the usual place. I will be there in a moment." I said as she nodded her head and walked out from my office. I brought out a recording pen and walked out from my room, then entered the usual place which was a hidden meeting room at somewhere in the pantry. As I entered, I saw Bona, Seola, Exy, Soobin, Dawon, Luda, Mei Qi, Dayoung, Yeoreum, Yeunjung, Sejeong, Chungha and Heehyun . 

"Why are the youngsters here?" I asked, referring to Dayoung, Yeoreum, and Yeunjung .  

"Well, they insisted to come and you know how stubborn they are." Dawon shrugged as I sighed. 

"You three are not supposed to be in here. But I guess, there's no use to throw you three out. So I will just start now. I am going to record everything and Dawon will send a copy to all of you." I said and sat down. 

"First, Sejeong, please keep the serum in a safe place." 

"It's all safe, being locked up." Sejeong grinned and showed a key. 

"Chungha, please inform Moonbyul unnie, Solar unnie and Seulgi about the plan. Make sure the polices can send help as soon as possible." Chungha gave a thumb up. 

"Heehyun, you are going to send some bodyguard to protect the event that I am going to join next Saturday secretly, in case he decides to act early. Always remain contact with the police forces."   

"You can count on me, boss." Heehyun grinned. 

"Oh, don't hurt yourself. Wouldn't want your wife to come kills me, would we?" I gave the same grin and then became expressionless.  

"Rest of you, I trust your adaptability is good enough, so please act according to the situation. Luda and Exy will be handling hackers and some potential information online, try to locate him. Three youngsters, please make sure the safety of Xiao and her family, by remain contact with Yoojung and Doyeon. Seola and Soobin, you two just relax and enjoy your engagement, and prepare a good party, but one thing, hid some guns or weapons in the house, of course after obtaining permission from the police forces and inform the rest about the position, so that if anything happens, they could gain access of the weapon as fast as they could. Mei Qi and Bona, make sure the bike is being prepared and maintained and lastly Dawon, please make sure the following messages can be send across and not to be erase by any other person." I looked around and took a deep breathe. I turned off the recording pen and passed to Dawon, then took out another recording pens. I took a deep breath and the pen. 

"Whatever I am going to say now are important as it is one of my will if I am not able to live until I'm old. Wu Enterprise is going to be inherit by Cheng Xiao and Wu Xiao Yi, so along with all the properties under Wu Enterprise is going to belong to them too. As for Ki Heehyun, you are going to take over the Chief of Security Officer as you are one of my most trusted bodyguard. Kim Sejeong, take over the Chief of Legal Officer; Nam Dawon as the Chief of Financial Officer. Kim Sejeong, Kim Chungha, Ju Kyulkyung and Im Nayoung, four of the persons listed above are going to take over medical part of Wu Enterprise. Chu Sojung, Kim Jiyeon, Lee Luda and Meng Mei Qi, four of the persons listed above are going to take over biotechnology part and of course technology part of the enterprise. Nam Dawon, Kim Hyunjung, Park Soon to be Kim Soobin, and Son Juyeon, are going to take over hospitality part; Lee Jinsook, Im Dayoung and Yoo Yeunjung, are going to take over land property part. Wu Enterprise will be divided and let the persons listen above in charged and assisted Cheng Xiao and Wu Xiao Yi to build the Wu Enterprise. The persons listen above have the same authority as director of the company, and able to make decision if Cheng Xiao allows them to. Any last decision of the company is being decided by Cheng Xiao. That conclude the will of me, Wu Xuan Yi." I passed the pen to Dawon and Luda. 

"I, Nam Dawon, is here to present as a witness that had no any relation to Wu Xuan Yi." 

"I, Lee Luda, is here to present as witness." Luda then turned her head away and passed the pen to Sejeong. 

"I, as the lawyer of Ms. Wu Xuan Yi, hereby pronounce the will is established." Sejeong then passed to me as I turned off the pen and looked at all of them who were just staring at me with sad eyes. 

"You let all of us in charge of-" Bona sobbed, unable to continue. 

"Xiao is still going to inherit this but you know she never been in this cruel business world before so I need all of you to help her but please make sure she is still the same kind and generous Cheng Xiao. Do not make the cruelty of the business world change her to be like me. " I smiled and passed the pen to Dawon.  

"But unnie!" Yeunjung stood up as I shook my head. 

"This is for in case I am not that lucky but you girls know how lucky I am, right?" I tried to joke but all of them just stare at me.  

"I beg all of you, please, help Xiao to handle this Wu Enterprise. I can never let him handle it, when I know he will crush all of my father and my hard work." I said. 

"But" 

"No more but! This is an order from me, your boss!" I shouted and slammed the table.  

"Yes, boss!" All of them stood up and saluted, then walked out from the office. I just sat there with Dawon who chose to stay beside me. 

"Dawon-ah, I will pass another thing to you, please, give it to her." I said as she nodded her head.  

"Unnie, do you ever regret something?" Dawon asked as I glanced at her. 

"Yeah, I regret a lot of things. I regret not able to stop him to kill my father, I regret not being able to stop my mother to leave home, I regret that I hurt her when she needed me the most. I regret missing Xiao Yi's first word, first step, first eyes opened and looked at the world, first feeding from Xiao's ." I chuckled as Dawon gently smacked my arm with a red face. 

"The thing I regret the most is, I am not able to fulfill my wedding vow to her, promise her to stay old, through thick and thin with her. I am not able to hold her hand and sit in the living room, when we two were old grannies, and asked each other when is our daughter coming home. This, is the most regretful thing in my whole life." I started to sob as Dawon stood up and pulled me into her embrace. 

"I really d-d-don't w-w-want to d-die. Dawon-ah, I r-really d-d-don't w-w-want t-t-to d-d-die. I still need to see Xiao Yi enter her school, fight off her suitors, see her get married, I want to see all those. But I know I can't. I hate myself being so useless, so vulnerable. Why! Why!" I tightened my grip on Dawon's shirt and for the first time since my dad was being killed in front of my eyes, I cried the most, almost cried to sleep in Dawon's embrace. After that, I went home and prepared a small box, I put a diary of mine, a scrapbook, a notebook, a book about babies and pregnancies, a small pair of socks, a set of bracelets, a necklace, my wedding ring, a key and a letter. Then I closed the box and tie it up with a ribbon.  

Three days later, I was now standing beside Mei Qi, more like leaning against the younger girl, which the younger girl just glanced at me since both of us were standing in front of a door. 

“Aren’t you going to knock?” Mei Qi asked as I shrugged. Before both of us was able to knock, the door opened and revealed Dayoung and Yeoreum who were smiling at Mei Qi brightly and then smiled at me sadly. 

“You two are late! Everyone’s here!” Dayoung smiled and pulled me in. As soon as I stepped in the house, I was standing right in front of Xiao who was also staring at me. 

“AH! Unnie! Don’t forget your walking cane.” Yeonjung appeared behind me and passed me a walking cane. 

“Thanks, Yeonjung-ah.” I smiled and took the cane. I nodded my head at Xiao and walked passed her. 

“Where’s your Kyulkyung?” I turned around and saw Eunseo, who was still glaring at me after a year. I just shrugged my shoulder since I was not in the mood to get into fight with anyone right now. 

“Oh, Seola unnie, Soobin-ah! Congratulation!” I grinned while hugged the two main characters of today party. Those two finally got engaged after a ten years relationship.  

“Thanks, Xuan Yi-ah.” Seola unnie smiled at me as I glanced around the room.  

“How about you have a seat and we will serve the drinks to you?” Soobin asked as I nodded my head. To be honest, everyone in this room, except for Eunseo and Xiao knew about the truth of me cheating on Xiao.  

“Thanks, Soobin-ah.” I wanted to accept the drink but before I can do so, someone took it away from me. 

“Huh? What’s wrong, Xiao Xiao?” Dawon asked as I stared at Xiao who was holding my drinks. 

“Xuan Yi can’t drink this, it’s alcoholic.” Xiao said as I shook my head with a small smile on my face. It seems that Xiao still remembered that my body couldn’t process alcohol that well and I would have allergic attack the next day.  

“Oh! Sorry! I shall bring juice to you then!” Soobin then walked away. 

“Thanks, Cheng Xiao.” I said and looked down.  

“Y-y-you’re welcome.” She stuttered and walked away. Soobin took a cup of juice to me which I gladly accepted. All of us were enjoying ourselves, well, most of us were enjoying, except Eunseo who was busy glaring at me and me who was just lowering my heard all the time. As we were chatting after watching some videos on the projector which was connected to Seola's laptop in the backyard of Seola unnie’s house, suddenly, the projector was showing some static screen before some place like a warehouse appeared on the screen. In that screen, there were two people which- 

“CHENG CHEN! XIAO YI!” Xiao shouted as she saw her sister and her daughter on the screen, being tied together with four men surrounding them.  

“Xiao!” Eunseo was holding Xiao as Xiao slowly losing energy on her legs.  

“Damn it.” I cursed when I saw the guy who appeared on the screen.  

“How the hell do you hack into here?!” Luda asked and obviously her pride was hurt as one of the top hacker in South Korea. 

“Well, I had my way.” The guy chuckled. 

“What do you want, Wu Guan Wen?” I asked and clenched my fists while glaring at my older brother or maybe I should say the killer of my father. I never expected he will took action that fast. It was obvious that he didn’t want to talk with us, since he just acted way earlier than the date he proposed in the letter, which was two weeks later.  

“I want you to be here, you know this warehouse very well anyway. If you are not here within half an hour, you can say bye to both of them then.” Guan Wen laughed evilly as I just remained stoic. 

“Tell me, why should I be there?” I asked. 

“Well, you should be here if you don’t want both of them to get hurt.”  

“You can just do whatever you want to them. They had nothing to do with me anymore.” I replied as cold as possible. 

“WU XUAN YI! THAT IS YOUR DAUGHTER FOR GOD SAKE!” Xiao shouted at me and I glanced at her. My heart clenched tightly as I saw how the tears were staining her face. 

“I think you were just acting. Anyway, I give you half an hour.” He said and the screen went black. I felt a strong pain on my left cheek. 

“How could you say that? That is your daughter!” I realized Xiao just slapped me and glared at me. I just smirked and shrugged my shoulder. 

“We had nothing in common anyway. She is your daughter, not mine.” I shook my head as the slap just now kind of made me felt dizzy. I quickly hold her hand when I realized she was going to slap me again. 

“Look, Ms. Cheng Xiao. Your family is your business and it’s not my business. Maybe you should ask Eunseo to help you then.” I smirked and shook away her hands then turned away. I need to be cold at the end, let her hate me until the end of my breath.  

“Man, this kill my moods. Mei Qi, please send me home.” I said and walked away with Mei Qi followed me. I glanced at Mei Qi who nodded her head and destroyed a small camera and microphone among the cups on the table. 

“YOU ARE THE WORST PERSON I EVER MET! I DON’T EVEN KNOW WHY I RESPECTED YOU THAT MUCH LAST TIME!” I could have heard Eunseo’s voice as I got on the car. Mei Qi drove me toward another destination instead of my own house. While we were on the way, I contacted Heehyun, Sejeong and Chungha, telling them that brother of mine decided to act early. Then, we stopped in front of a turquoise house, with Sejeong and Chungha waiting for me.  

“Thanks you can go back now. If anything happen to me, all of you just follow the will.” I smiled and walked toward Sejeong who gave me a small indicator that will gave the police my location and also a key for the bike. 

“Thanks.” 

“Please be careful.” Chungha said as Sejeong nodded her head.  

“I can’t guarantee but I promise I will try my best to be careful.” I said and hugged both of them, sneaking a key from Sejeong at the mean time. 

“I need to go now. I can’t let someone hurt them. Sejeong, please inform the police.” I said and got on the black bike.  

“I will, don’t worry.” She said and I gave her a thumb up before wearing my helmet and then rode away from them.  

(A/N: Cheng Xiao POV) 

I was sobbing in Eunseo’s embrace. I couldn’t understand how Xuan Yi became that cruel, and that cold blooded toward her own daughter. I just didn’t understand how could someone so sweet and gentle in the past became so cold and cruel.  

“Xiao-ah, please-“Eunseo stopped and sighed because she knew whatever she said right now couldn’t make any difference.  

“Oh, you’re back.” I heard Soobin unnie said so I lifted my head and stared at Mei Qi who smiled apologetically at me. I continued to cry. Why were Cheng Chen and Xiao Yi being kidnapped by Xuan Yi’s brother? I thought he was in jail for a very long time due to murder of her father and an attempt to kill Xuan Yi five years ago.  

“So, I guess my little sis is really not coming then.” The screen was lit up again and there was Guan Wen, who was smiling so disgustingly at the screen.  

“And times up! Boys, you can do whatever you want with the two of them.” Guan Wen grinned as I widened my eyes when I saw four buffy men walked toward my daughter and my sister. Cheng Chen was obviously scared because she as trembling but she was hugging Xiao Yi as tight as possible, trying to protect my daughter. I closed my eyes, didn’t want to see what kind of awful stuff that those men were going to do to them. The expected screams of help didn’t come, instead Guan Wen’s curses could be heard. 

“WHAT THE F-“ I opened my eyes and was shocked when I saw one black bike crashing into the warehouse with a biker on it.  

“Xuan Yi.” I mumbled and I was sure the biker was her. 

“Impossible.” Eunseo said.  

“What the fck?! GUYS, GET THAT PERSON!” As soon as Guan Wen finished his order, the four men were now surrounding the biker. One of the men had caught her hands, while one forcefully took off the helmet, revealing a long black hair and a face that was so similar to his. 

“XUAN YI?!” Both Eunseo and Guan Wen said at the same time and the disgusting grin appeared on Guan Wen’s face again. 

“I knew you won’t just leave those two alone. Especially how those two are so important to the one who was the most important in your life.” Guan Wen leaned closer to Xuan Yi and Xuan Yi kicked his face. 

“F you! YOU! SLAP THE OLDER GIRL!” Guan Wen was angry and a tall tanned man went to slap Cheng Chen. 

‘Stop!” Xuan Yi shouted. 

“You want me to stop?”  

“Just stop it, Guan Wen.” Xuan Yi glared at Guan Wen. 

“What’s with the tone of it? I don’t like it. Continue slap until I say stop!” Guan Wen ordered and the man continued to slap Cheng Chen again. I closed my eyes, not wanting to see how blood dripping from the corner of my sister’s mouth. 

“PLEASE STOP!” Xuan Yi shouted. I opened my eyes again and saw Guan Wen had that annoying smirk while signaling his underlings let go of Xuan Yi. 

“Can you repeat again? I am old, you know. I have bad hearing.” Guan Wen leaned closer to Xuan Yi. Xuan Yi just sighed and kneeled. Everyone in Seola’s backyard gasped because Xuan Yi never kneeled in front of anyone, except when she proposed to me.  

(A/N: Third Person POV) 

“Please, let them go. I will do whatever you want if you just let them go.” Xuan Yi kneeled and bent her body until her forehead touched the floor. She was willing to let go of her dignity if it could save Cheng Chen’s and Xiao Yi’s life.  

“Hmm, then guys, beat her up. You can do whatever you want, just don’t kill her. I will be the one does so. But you all are free to torture her.” Guan Wen said and went to sat on the chair prepared for him. The four men were surrounding Xuan Yi. Xuan Yi could recognize them as the suitors of Cheng Xiao during college times. One of the men lifted a beer bottle and hit the back of Xuan Yi’s neck, causing Xuan Yi to lay on the floor completely. Another man lifted Xuan Yi to allow another man to punch Xuan Yi as if Xuan Yi was a punching bag. Blood was dripping from the corner of Xuan Yi’s mouth as the man continue to punch. The one that was holding Xuan Yi threw the girl on the ground harshly and hit Xuan Yi with a baseball bat.  

“Hey, can we stab her?” The tan man asked Guan Wen who just shrugged his shoulder. 

“Sure, just make sure she won’t die.” Guan Wen said as the tan man took out four daggers, threw one to each of the men. Four of them looked at each other and smirked. They were now standing beside of Xuan Yi’s hands and legs. 

“No, no no!” Cheng Xiao shouted as she knew what was going to happen next. She couldn’t believe everything was happening right in front of her but she couldn’t do anything because the screen separated them. 

“One, two three!” The four men stabbed Xuan Yi’s hands and legs at the same time, causing a scream of pain from Xuan Yi. Guan Wen clapped his hands and walked toward Xuan Yi. 

“I have to say, you are able to go this far just because of them. I am impress.” Guan Wen squatted down and spitted on Xuan Yi’s face.  

“Four of you did a good job. I will offer you a job after I take over the companies.”  

“Thank you, boss.”  

“Now, let’s come back to you." Guan Wen pulled out a short dagger which Xuan Yi recognized it was being stolen by him from their father, who was being killed by Guan Wen too. 

“Since I killed our father by using this knife. Why don’t I use it to kill you too? Then you can reunite with father in Hell.” Guan Wen said as he gently drew the tip of the knife on Xuan Yi’s right cheek. Xuan Yi just remained silent as she scared whatever she said would indirectly cause harm to the two girls. 

“You are not saying anything, so I assume you agree to me then. Then how about we bring this to another level then? How about I kill you by stabbing at the same place that I stabbed father? It’s cool, right? You and father can have matching scars later!” Guan Wen laughed and that laugh caused everyone that watched the scene through the screen nearly vomited. Xuan Yi just stared at her brother and nodded her head, which surprised Cheng Xiao. 

“I told you before, you can do whatever you want, only if you let them go.” Xuan Yi said as Guan Wen grinned and ordered one of the men to lift Xuan Yi up.  

“So now, where did I stab father? Aha! First the stomach.” Guan Wen then stabbed Xuan Yi’s stomach.  

“Then the limbs, but my boys already stabbed you with it so I guess I can skip that part. OH! I remembered, the left eye!” Guan Wen then stabbed Xuan Yi’s left eye. Xuan Yi’s screamed in pain as blood were flowing down from her left eye. 

“And then the intestine!” Guan Wen continued to stab Xuan Yi’s lower abdomen and chest. 

“Now we are done! I guess it’s time for me to go now. Boys, turn on the bomb.” Guan Wen said and Xuan Yi widened her right eye. 

“BOMB?!” 

“Yup, bomb, my sweet sister. Do you think I really will let them go? HAH! NEVER! It’s just a tactic to lure you here. Just like how I lure our father to here too. But at least I did you a good deed, you can have companion to die with you! Ah, don’t worry, I will send more of your friends to accompany you later.” Guan Wen laughed and walked away, leaving Xuan Yi, Cheng Chen and Xiao Yi. Xiao Yi was crying and Cheng Chen was trying to calm Xiao Yi down.  

“No, no no!” Cheng Xiao was now standing up, staring at the screen where it would show how the three girls that were the most important of her life died.  

“Look!” Dayoung said. 

“What the hell is Xuan Yi unnie doing?!” Yeonjung said. 

“Yah! Language.” Yeoreum gently reprimanded her girlfriend.  

“Wait, don’t tell me that’s-“ Exy stopped as she received a call from Sejeong. 

“EXY UNNIE! I LOST THE KEY!” Sejeong shouted as Exy sighed.  

“I know who stole the key.” Exy said. 

‘Who? Tell me, I am going to hit that ba-“ 

“Xuan Yi took it. Did you let her hug you by any chance?”  

“Yeah but how did-oh. OH!!” Sejeong shouted. 

“I knew it. Xuan Yi always had her ways in stealing things.” Exy said. 

“I shouldn’t be so careless.” Sejeong sighed.  

“Anyway, please send some help as soon as possible.” 

“Help is already there. Irene unnie and Solar unnie are on standby.” Sejeong said. 

“You better tell Kyulkyung about this.” Exy said and Sejong agreed before hanging up. Exy then stared at the screen. 

“Don’t tell me is the new serum?” Dawon asked as Exy nodded her head. The eight heads turned to stare at Exy with their eyes widened and then they turned to stare at the screen. 

Xuan Yi forced herself to sit up and pull the dagger away from her hands and legs. By now, she was panting and losing energy because her bleeding was not stopping. She took out five syringes from the pocket of her jacket and with trembling hand, she injected the liquid in the syringes on her neck. She suddenly felt energetic and she could feel some of her wounds were closing. She stood up and walked toward Cheng Chen and Xiao Yi. She cut the rope and pulled Cheng Chen up. 

“Chen, you need to run toward the north after you got out. Irene unnie and Solar unnie will be there fetching you two.” 

“How about you, unnie?”  

“I need to disarm the bomb. It will destroy the evidence here.” 

“Then I will stay with you then!” 

“Don’t be stupid! Just run away now!” Xuan Yi turned around and started to find the bomb. 

“But unnie!” 

“Don’t be as stubborn as your sister. Listen to me and run. I am a genius, remember? I can disarm the bomb as easy as ABC.”  

“Unnie!” Cheng Chen stomped her feet. Xuan Yi just turned around and walked toward Cheng Chen, pulling Cheng Chen into her embrace, making sure not to squash Xiao Yi who was in the middle, who was now calming down and stared at Xuan Yi. 

“Cheng Chen, listen to me please. Run away.” Xuan Yi whispered as Cheng Chen started to cry. 

“Xiao Yi-ah, although it’s late but I am your father, or should I say another mother? Anyway, I am the one who hurt your mother badly so don’t remember me. You just need to remember you had a father who always love you secretly. Listen to your mother, behave as a good girl, I will protect you two from up there, I hope I still can go to up there after what I did.” Xuan Yi kissed Xiao Yi’s forehead after chuckling. 

“Cheng Chen, listen to your Xuan Yi unnie for the last time. Run away and take care of them. Tell your sister to find someone that can take care of them. Please.” Xuan Yi said and Cheng Chen nodded her head. 

“Unnie, please come back safely!” Cheng Chen shouted then turned around, running toward the exit. Xuan Yi quickly locked the door after Cheng Chen ran out then walked toward a huge pile of boxes. She threw the boxes and it revealed a poorly made bomb with the timer showing thirty seconds.  

“I guessed it’s time for me to try my luck for the very last time then. But before that.” Xuan Yi walked toward the camera. 

“I was going to destroy this camera as soon as I got in so that you all won’t be able to see how badly injured I am. But now I am going to destroy it. You know, to save some of your eyes from the explosive scene if I failed to disarm it. Bye guys! See you guys not so soon! Don't wanna see you guys up there or down there. If I ever see you guys there, I am going to kick you back until your soul is stay intact with your body.” Xuan Yi smiled brightly before destroying the camera. The screen turned black again and silence was engulfing everyone. 

“I need to go there to save her!” Mei Qi stood up. 

“I am going too!” Dayoung followed. 

“Me three!” Luda said. Three of them stood up and wanted to walk out but stopped because of a certain familiar voice. 

“Nuh uh, I think no one is going anywhere.” Guan Wen appeared in front of the girls with evil smile. Exy, Mei Qi, Luda, Dayoung and Yeonjung quickly stood in front of the rest of the girls. 

“You know, I am taller than you. You know that, right?” Dawon asked Luda who was standing in front of her to protect her. Luda just rolled her eyes. 

“Come on, I am not here to fight. I am here to declare something.” Guan Wen said as he walked toward the girls.  

“What do you want to declare?” Exy asked. 

“I just want to declare that Xuan Yi’s companies will be mine from now on. So, you girls should treat me with respect, you know. If not, I guess you will end up like my sis.” Guan Wen smirked. 

“You are lying! Xuan Yi already wrote her will.” Mei Qi said and played the recorded audio. Guan Wen frowned as he clenched his fists. He didn’t know that his younger sister was such a smartass.  

“You better delete that audio, or else- “Guan Wen said with a deep voice, lacing with venom and his stares hardened. 

“Or else what?” 

“Or else, I don’t know what will happen to that pretty friend of yours.” Guan Wen his lips as she glanced at Cheng Xiao.  

“We won’t let you- “Before Luda was able to finish her sentence, Guan Wen had already punched Eunseo and use his right arm to headlock Cheng Xiao. 

“Damn, I forgot the Wu siblings are great in martial arts.” Yeonjung mumbled. Guan Wen sniffed Cheng Xiao’s neck and Cheng Xiao’s neck. 

“Mmhmm, as expected from my sister. Such a good girl. How about you become my wife then?” Guan Wen asked as he leaned toward Cheng Xiao who was now standing still.  

“I will rather die than being your wife. My heart only belongs to Xuan Yi.” Guan Wen frowned at Xiao’s answer. 

“Even after she cheated on you?” Guan Wen asked and Cheng Xiao frowned.  

“Hmm? Even after she cheated on you, you still love her?” Guan Wen smirked when he realized that was Cheng Xiao’s weak spot. Cheng Xiao just lowered her head and bit her lips; her whole body was trembling when she remembered back those photos where Xuan Yi was being sweet with other girls.  

“I guess you can’t say so. I am loyal, better than my sister.” Guan Wen leaned closer and whispered. 

“You won’t be suffering from heartbreak if you choose to be with me.” Guan Wen whispered in a low voice.  

“Xiao! Don’t listen to him! He is hypnotizing you!” Bona shouted as she knew Guan Wen was a master in hypnotizing people.  

“I d-d- “  

“LET HER GO!” Xuan Yi appeared from the roof and landed on top of Guan Wen, then the Wu siblings were now hitting each other while Eunseo quickly pulled Cheng Xiao away and gently slapped Cheng Xiao’s face.  

"Holy mamamia! Xuan Yi is still alive!"Dayoung shouted.  

"Yah! Honorifics!" Exy knocked Dayoung's head and everyone was happy that Xuan Yi made it back alive, making her able to disarm the bomb. A few polices appeared beside the girls, all having guns and pointed toward the Wu siblings. 

“What?! I thought you die!”  

“If I die, I am dragging you together with me!We are going to meet father together!” Xuan Yi shouted back and Guan Wen pushed her away.  

“You are not dragging me with you. I will never let it happen!” Guan Wen took out a pistol and pointed at Cheng Xiao. 

“You!” 

If you come near me one step, I am going to shoot. Same goes to the rest of you. Put down your gun, if not, I am going to shoot!” Guan Wen shouted. None of the police want to put down their gun. 

“I SAY PUT DOWN!” Guan Wen then shot the tree beside Cheng Xiao. 

“Moonbyul unnie, put down your gun. Please!” Xuan Yi begged as Moonbyul sighed. 

“Put down your gun, it’s an order!” Moonbyul said as every polices put down their gun.  

“Good girl, that’s a good girl of mine.” Guan Wen smirked at Xuan Yi. 

“Now you, come here.” Xuan Yi walked toward Guan Wen as the guy opened his arms as wide as possible. Xuan Yi then pounced on Guan Wen, holding his hand that had the pistol. Both of them started to wrestle among each other, with Guan Wen wanted to point the gun toward Cheng Xiao and Xuan Yi preventing the gun was pointed toward Cheng Xiao.  

“Bang!” A loud sound came from the pistol between Xuan Yi and Guan Wen. 

“Bang!” Another loud sound again. Xuan Yi stood up and stared at Guan Wen who was staring back at her with wide eyes, blood can be seen flowing out from the stomach. He just fell down, without making any noise, eyes still opened wide. 

“I told you that I will drag you together with me.” Xuan Yi smirked and her legs gave up on her, causing her to fall backward. Cheng Xiao was fast enough to catch Xuan Yi.  

“Omo! I must have died. Because an angel just appeared to catch me.” Xuan Yi smiled gently and slowly to reach Cheng Xiao’s face. 

“S-s-stop t-t-talking. We need to get you to the hospital.” Cheng Xiao said while sobbing. Xuan Yi just reached Cheng Xiao’s face with trembling bloody hand and wiped away the tears although it left blood stain on Cheng Xiao’s cheek. 

“O-o-omo, your cheeks are d-“ 

“It’s fine.” Cheng Xiao then hold Xuan Yi tightly, letting Xuan Yi’s upper body resting in her embrace. She did feel hurt about Xuan Yi cheating on her, and she thought she hated Xuan Yi with all of her heart but after seeing the older girl who was slowly dying in front of her, she realized, she loved Xuan Yi afterall. 

“X-xiao Xiao, I’m so-sorry.” Xuan Yi mumbled and closed her eyes, her whole body limped in Cheng Xiao’s embrace. 

“No, no, Wu Xuan Yi, wake up!” Cheng Xiao shouted as she shook Xuan Yi’s body.  

“OKAY! EVERYONE, MAKE WAY!” Someone shouted and pulled Cheng Xiao away, letting Xuan Yi’s body fall to the ground. Cheng Xiao just stared at the person who was chasing everyone away. She clenched her fists as she realized it was Kyulkyung, who Xuan Yi cheated with. Kyulkyung started to inspect Xuan Yi’s body and sighed when she saw so many wounds.  

“Tell me, did Xuan Yi take the shot?” Kyulkyung asked after she realized there were many closed wounds that appeared to be fresh.  

“Well, she did took a gun-“ 

“Not gun shot.” Kyulkyung stopped Yeonjung as she glanced at Bona who nodded her head. 

“, Nayoungie! Help me bring her to the hospital, we need to do it now.” Nayoung just appeared from nowhere and carried Xuan Yi with her. 

“You, Cheng Xiao, I need you to follow me.” Kyulkyung then dragged Cheng Xiao with her, and got on the car with Nayoung and Xuan Yi.  

“You must be confused with all this happening. Let me introduce myself, I am –“ 

“Ju Kyulkyung, Xuan Yi’s lover. I know who are you.” Cheng Xiao said as Kyulkyung lifted her eyebrow. 

“You are right about my name but not my identity. I am Ju Kyulkyung, Im Nayoung’s wife and Wu Xuan Yi’s cousin.” Kyulkyung said and Cheng Xiao just widened her eyes. Cheng Xiao stared at Kyulkyung who sat in the front and looked at Xuan Yi who had her head on Cheng Xiao’s laps. 

“What do you say?” 

“I am Xuan Yi’s cousin, not her lover. It’s just an act to chase you away from her.” Kyulkyung looked at Cheng Xiao who was just staring back at her. 

“Xuan Yi had been feeling migraine for three months last year and she didn’t tell you because she thought it was just because she was tired. Besides, that time, you told her that you’re pregnant. She didn’t want you to worry about it so she came to find me to have a checkup.” Kyulkyung stopped and passed a file to Cheng Xiao. Cheng Xiao opened the file and read, then she gasped, with one hand covering and tears started to flow out again.  

“B-brain tumor?” 

“Yeah, after the checkup, we found out that she had a tumor in her brain, just on top of the main blood vessel. It is not harmful at first, so it can be removed via surgery. However, it’s risky because the location of the tumor. Xuan Yi decided not to have that surgery and observed the growth of the tumor. After observation, it was found out that the tumor is actually not cancerous but-" 

"It could cause harm by damaging nearby of the brain." Cheng Xiao continued. 

“Yeah, and me, as her doctor, advised her to undergo the surgery although the successful rate is only 30 %. But she refused and she asked me to help her, to act like she cheated on you with her, so that you will never ever have to undergo the torturous process of seeing her slowly disappearing from your side. I can’t say no, not when she was the one paid for my college fees and for my mom's surgery so that I could achieve my dream.” Kyulkyung sighed as Cheng Xiao sobbed. 

“This is because she said, she saw how sad and depress you were when your grandfather passed away. She didn’t want you to feel that again. That’s why she came to ask my permission for letting my wife to help her. She said and I quoted, ‘ I rather she remember me by hating me, instead of remember me by loving me. At least by hating me, she will never shed a tear when she heard about me. Being the reason that caused her to cry is the last thing I would do in this life and I had caused her to cry once, I am not going to do it again’. “ Nayoung said. 

“After she chased you away, her condition was stable for a while until last six months, her health condition suddenly deteriorates. But she still refused to undergo the surgery. So now, I need you, as her spouse, to sign the document in the file, to giving me the permission to perform the surgery.” Kyulkyung said. 

“But we were di-“ 

“She didn’t sign the paper. Sejeong unnie help her delay the process. So technically, you two are still married.” Kyulkyung said as Cheng Xiao stared at Xuan Yi then took out the document. Kyulkyung passed her a pen then Cheng Xiao signed it.  

“I-is t-there anything I need to know?” Cheng Xiao asked. 

“Well, that’s for others to tell you. As her doctor, I just need your signature.” Kyulkyung said and they stopped in front of a hospital. Nayoung quickly carried Xuan Yi out from the car and ran straight to the hospital with Kyulkyung and Cheng Xiao following her. Cheng Xiao waited in front of an operation room after seeing Kyulkyung and Nayoung both rushed into the operation room.  

“Unnie!” Cheng Xiao lifted her head and saw Cheng Chen who was carrying Xiao Yi. 

“Cheng Chen!” Cheng Xiao hugged Cheng Chen tightly. 

"Oh my god, are you okay? Xiao Yi! How's your cheek?" Cheng Xiao carried a six months Xiao Yi and inspected Cheng Chen's face. 

"I'm fine, unnie. Doctor treated me. I need to tell you one thing, about Xuan Yi unnie."  

"Don't tell me you knew about her having-" 

"Not only me, appa and umma too. I told them, a day after you gave birth to Xiao Yi. I saw Xuan Yi unnie collapsed in front of Nayoung unnie when you were giving birth and I found out her condition. She told me not to tell you so I decided to tell appa and umma, so that the misunderstanding can be solve. I really want to tell you but Xuan Yi unnie b-b-b-beg m-m-me a-and-" Cheng Chen started to sob as Cheng Xiao slowly hugged her. 

"So Xuan Yi met Xiao Yi on that day?" Cheng Xiao asked as Cheng Chen nodded her head. Cheng Xiao just sat on the bench, bringing Cheng Chen together. 

"Unnie, I'm sorry. I really wa-" 

"Shh, I understand. Remind me to punish Xuan Yi later." Cheng Xiao smiled gently as she couldn't bring to scold her younger sister, after all, she knew it was too hard to resist when Xuan Yi begged, as she was the one agree to get pregnant when the older girl begged for it.  

"That's why appa and umma suddenly become very secretive when being on phone." Cheng Xiao said. 

"Appa and umma are keeping in contact with Xuan Yi unnie but they scare that you are angry of them if you knew so they decide to be secretive." Cheng Chen explained as Cheng Xiao shook her head. 

"Xiao Yi-ah, looks like your appa save you so now let's pray for appa's safety, okay?" Cheng Xiao asked as Xiao Yi just yawned and went to sleep. Cheng Chen went back with Xiao Yi when their parents came and fetch them. Cheng Xiao insisted to wait for the end of surgery even if it had took for five hours. 

"You know, you should go and rest." Cheng Xiao looked up and saw Bona who was smiling at her.  

"Unnie, I can't." 

"You should rest. Xuan Yi wouldn't like to see you waiting for her and neglecting your health." Bona sat beside Cheng Xiao who sighed. Both of them stared at the neon sign before Cheng Xiao decided to ask. 

"Unnie, what is that serum?" Cheng Xiao asked, remembering how horrified Kyulkyung's face was when she heard Xuan Yi used it. 

"That serum, was still under testing. It is a type of serum that speed up your healing process, a new project started by Xuan Yi. The main purpose is to make sure some of the seriously wounded patients, or some with serious cut, can heal and recover instantly. It promotes cell growth and allow your wound to close but this has a negative effect. As it promotes cell growth, it promotes whole body's cells. Hair can grow long, nails too, everything, can grow, and this might cause cancerous tumor, or tumor. And for those who had tumor, it causes the growth of the tumor to increase, causing greater size tumor. In Xuan Yi's case, the increment of tumor size will only cause her to reach the end of her life early." Bona said as Cheng Xiao limped in her seats.  

"I d-do n-not know all these." Cheng Xiao buried her face in her hands. 

"And you shouldn't know. She decided to keep it until the end." Bona put her hand on Cheng Xiao's lap. 

"If she told me, I mean, I understand her point but if she told me, I would have stay with her, by her side." Cheng Xiao sighed.

"That's what all of us told her but she didn't want you to see how she slowly run away from your hand, she doesn't want you to lose hope on this life. She doesn't want you to undergo another heartbreak from seeing her slowly dying in front of you. She been there before, seeing her father slowly dying due to excessive bleeding in front of her and she still had that traumatic experience in the deep of her mind. She doesn't want you to have that trauma." Bona explained but Cheng Xiao shook her head.

"She knew you will be stressing over her if you knew and with your pregnancy and her reason of don't want you to be stress cause its not good for the baby, she chose the hard way." Seola appeared from nowhere and sat on the other side of Cheng Xiao. 

"I bet another reason is because of me." Cheng Xiao lifted her head and saw Eunseo who was leaning against the wall, beside the door with a sad smile.

"You're right, somehow." Bona shrugged her shoulder and Cheng Xiao turned to looked at Bona for explaination.

"You see, Xiao, all of us know Juyeon's love for you since first year of high school. She was being so obvious until whole schol knew about it and there came Xuan Yi, a cold and chic girl who transfered from China during the second year, who also attracted to your kindness and you melted her. She is lucky that you like her back but somehow Xuan Yi thinks that she steal you from Juyeon. It is suppose to be Juyeon stand at the end of the altar, watching you walked so gracefully in those dress of yours. It's suppose to be with Juyeon that you are spending your life with. She thinks that maybe having a brain tumor its the instruction of the god that it's time to pass you back to Juyeon. She had been hogging you for too long." Seola explained as Eunseo shook her head and Cheng Xiao blinked her eyes.

"But I choose her! I still choose her if you want me to start it all over again." Cheng Xiao said.

"But she didn't think so. Xiao, I should tell you this. Everytime you and Xuan Yi unnie appear together, Xuan Yi unnie always look at me with guilty expression even though she tried to mask it with her cheerfulness but I still can sense it, you know. I'm not dense. Somehow, I can tell that Xuan Yi unnie is a ." Eunseo sighed.

"I just, I don't how should I feel after knowing all this. It's not relief, not anger, not disappointment, not depress. I don't know how to feel. I just know that when she comes out from there, and when she grins at me, I am going to hug her while scold her at the same time." Cheng Xiao said.

"Before that, I think it's done." Seola pointed to the neon light that had turned off and the door was opened, revealing Kyulkyung and Chaeyeon. 

"How is she?" Cheng Xiao asked as Kyulkyung just smiled.

"She is a tough fighter. We manage to stop all her blood and I'm sad to say that her left eye is blind but the surgery is a success. The tumor had been removed but she is still not in stable condition. She need to be observe for three days and after that she will wake up on her own." 

"When is she waking up?" Bona asked.

"This, I'm sorry, this is the only thing I can't be sure. It's all depends on her mentality. It's her will to decide that she wants to wake up or not." Kyulkyung smiled sadly then walked away.

"S-so she's not going to wake up?" Cheng Xiao asked.

"Of course not! She is going to wake up! Kyulkyung said it depends on her mentality, right?" Eunseo asked.

"Yeah, so we are going to talk to her everyday, telling her to wake up." Bona said.

"And I believe with you calling her wake up, she will definitely wake up." Seola grinned as Cheng Xiao nodded her head and had the first sincere smile of the day. After that, Xuan Yi was pushed into intensive care unit where she would be undergoing observation. No one was allow to enter the room except the doctor, so all of them could only watched Xuan Yi from the outside of the room, through a huge window. Xuan Yi was laying there, being plugged with different tubes, heartbeat monitor displaying her heartbeat and her face,without the bandage on her left eyes and on her forehead, it was as if she was sleeping. Cheng Xiao just stared at Xuan Yi and smiled.

"You need to wake up, Xuan Yi-ah. Xiao Yi needs you." Cheng Xiao mumbled. After that, Xuan Yi was in stable condition, so all those tubes were being plugged off, leaving an IV drip and of course the heartbeat monitor. She was transferred to a VIP room, which has only one bed, a washroom, a sofa that can fit three people, four chairs snd a coffee table. Her friends took turn to come and visit her, talked to her and of course, Cheng Xiao came everyday, sometimes bringing Xiao Yi with her, sometimes alone. Somehow it had been a month, but there was no sign of her waking up. One day, Dawon went to find Cheng Xiao.

"Hey, can you and Xiao Yi follow me to a place? Pack enough for 2 days 1 night." Dawon said and Cheng Xiao agreed, thinking maybe it was good for her and Xiao Yi to go around. After she asked her sister to take care of Xuan Yi, she and her daughter followed Dawon to a familiar white house located just beside Hangang. 

"Th-this is beautiful." Cheng Xiao said as she saw the house was a two storey house with a wooden fences. There was balcony and the door that connected the balcony and the indoor was made of glass. 

"Let's go in." Dawon smiled and guided Cheng Xiao entered the house. The interior of the house was exactly like what she likes, a clean white room with beige sofas and a TV that was attached to the wall, a cabinets that made of glass beside the TV, and a big piece of glass at the side of the living room that allowed her to have a look at the garden. She could see a small wooden dog house and a tree house on top of the tree. There was a swing on the tree too. She then entered the kitchen and saw that it was just how she described to Xuan Yi. A clean round marble dining table with chair that had cushion on it. A counter that allowed her to put the dishes she had prepared on, an oven, a toaster, everything she wished to have is there. 

"If you are amaze then you need to go upstair." Dawon said as both of them went upstair and there was four doors. Cheng Xiao went to open the inner left door and realize it was a study room, and there had a piano which she love to listen to Xuan Yi play the piano every single time. There was some of the photo, their family photo, also the sonogram when Cheng Xiao was only four months pregnant. At the back of the chair, there was a potrait of three of them, Xuan Yi, Cheng Xiao and Xiao Yi, smiling happily.

"Xuan Yi say it's okay to remove that if you don't want but just for your information, Xuan Yi spent a lot of time drawing that." Dawon said as Cheng Xiao nodded her head. Cheng Xiao moved to the second room, it was a guest room, a very simple room, with a bed in the roomand some bedside table. She moved to the baby room, which was painted in turquoise, ceiling decorated by fluorescence stars and moon that would shine during the night; and during the day, the ceiling had a light blue colour with clouds on it. There was a crib and by this time, Cheng Xiao knew it was being handmade by Xuan Yi. Several toys in a box at the corner of the room, a rocking chair beside the crib. Colorful drawers that had the painting of some famous cartoon characters at the opposite of the crib. A layer of anti slip mat with numbers and alphabets on it were covering the floor and all of the sharp edges had been put on a protection layer. 

"I n-n-never-" Cheng Xiao was speechless as she never knew Xuan Yi prepared so much for the baby.

"There's more." Dawon said as she guided Cheng Xiao to the master room and there was where it amazed her. She saw the most beautiful beach scene right in front of her and there was a jacuzze at the balcony. Their bed was a king size bed with a sky blue comforter on it.

"Look up." Dawon said as Cheng Xiao looked up, seeing the ceiling slowly moved to the side, the opening was getting bigger and bigger and it revealed that the roof was made of glass, fulfilling Cheng Xiao wished to see the starry night with Xuan Yi.

"She did all this?" Cheng Xiao asked as Dawon nodded her head. 

"She had been renovating this house all by herself since you were four months pregnant."

"So that timr when I said she acted weird is because-"

"She is preparing a surprise for you. She knew you always wanted a house by the beach, and she knew all details about your dream house so she renovated this with her own hands, and of course with our help." Dawon said as Cheng Xiao sat on the bed, bringing Xiao Yi closed to her face. 

"Xiao Yi-ah, your father did all this for us." Cheng Xiao said with tears in her eyes.

"I will let you two stay here for a night and I will fetch you two back to Seoul tomorrow at 10. Here is a box where Xuan Yi want me to pass to you. Please make sure you will see." Dawon then left the house. Cheng Xiao wiped her tears and realized Xiao Yi was fast asleep. She went and put Xiao Yi in the crib and brought the box with her then she sat on the rocking chair. 

"Let's see what your father prepare for us, shall we?" Cheng Xiao giggled when she realized she was actually talking to herself. She opened the box and the frst thing came into her eyes are the book about pregnancies and babies. She briefly glanced through it and saw at each stage of the pregnancy in the book, there was a photo of sonogram, and she knew Xuan Yi must had asked Nayoung to give to her. Cheng Xiao chuckled as she continued but she stopped a page abruptly, seeing a note on the specific page about childbirth with a photo of newborn Xiao Yi.

"Hey, champion. You know I'm your father, right? I saw you today, secretly of course. Your mother wouldn't let me get near you, well, I understand her anyway. You look just like your mother, and thank god for that. You are going to be the prettiest princess in my heart and I'm sorry for not able to be by your side for a very long time. Please forgive me."

Cheng Xiao just closed the book as tears flow down on her face, staining her porcelain cheeks. She then put the book away and saw the bracelets which were the same, a silver bracelet with the chinese word 家, which mean home in the middle of it. She then saw a pendant that was showed a series of number of it and she knew that the numbers were actually the date of their wedding anniversary, the dates when they found out about the pregnancy and Xiao Yi birthday. Cheng Xiao wore her bracelet which was just the right size.

"I am going to let you wear when you are a bit older and we need to make sure appa wear it too, okay?" Cheng Xiao said and she saw Xuan Yi's wedding ring which she quickly put as a pendant on her necklace. She made sure that she was going to put it back on Xuan Yi's hand. Then she saw Xuan Yi's diary and she read it. She realized it was actually a diary of how this house was being renovated and there was photos of each progress. Cheng Xiao then saw a scrapbook, a scrapbook that only the first few pages were filled with the sonograms and a little bit of Xiao Yi's photo. Cheng Xiao then put aside and saw a recording pen, then she and pressed play.

"Yoho~ Xiao Xiao-ah, it's me, Xuan Yi. By the time you heard this recording, I bet you had see the new house I designed and kind of built myself. Well, not really, I just renovated myself, keke. So yeah, you must be seeing all those stuff and with you being so smart, you must had figure out the numbers on the bracelet then. The diary is to let you to feel that you were involve in the whole process, you know, to kind of repaying my sin to hide it from you but it's a surprise so yeah~ And the scrapbook, I made it for Xiao Yi, I was hoping that you can fill it in for me as I was only able to fill in for the first few pages, and sorry for the stalkerish photo but I really miss you two. Lastly the wedding ring, I give it to you, you can throw it or keep it, do whatever you like since I might not have any use with it anymore b'cause I am going to die. I bet you had heard the whole truth from the girls and don't be mad at them because I am the one who order them to do so. I knew you heard the reason but I am still going to say it again. The reason why I pushed you away because I didn't want you to see how I die when I, myself, not even sure I can survive. I want you to remember all those happy days, the moment when I smile and not the moment when I die. I know its dumb, but that is the only solution I can come up with. You were pregnant and being stress is not good for you. I know I want that child and ironically, I am the one not being able to see how the child grew inside and outside of you, I'm not the one accompanying you to every visit to the doctor, I'm not the one you hold hand like your life depending on it when you were giving birth.I thought that preparing all the surprise, and all of those things, settling everything, I will be relief and having no more regret but actually Xia-xiao-ah, I-c-can I be honest with you? I d-d-don't want to die. I w-want to e with you until we both are grannies and ask each other when is Xiao Yi coming to visit us with our grandchildren. I w-w-w-w-want t-t-to be with you when we fight off her suitors. I want to welcome every morning and every night with you. I want to fulfill my vows and stay old with you but I can't! I hate myself that I can't! I am frustrated, annoy and helpless! X-X-xiao-ah, i-is i-it because i-it's the punishment from god that I steal you away from Juyeon? If it is, I will steal you away again and again because that's how much I love you." The recording stopped, with the last half part filled with Xuan Yi's sob and frustrated scream. Cheng Xiao could feel how desperate, frustrated and annoyed Xuan Yi was and she was angry at herself for not being by Xuan Yi's side.

"Don't worry, Xiao Yi. Umma will never leave appa's side and appa will never had chance to leave umma's side anymore." Cheng Xiao kept all the things in the box and looked at her daughter who was sleeping peacefully. The next day, Dawon went to fetch them and Dawon was glad that Cheng Xiao looked better, now that everything had an enclosure. When they back to Seoul, Cheng Xiao went back to visit Xuan Yi routine. 

Time passed fast and it had been six months since that last incident and Xuan Yi had not wake up. Everyone was slowly losing hope but not Cheng Xiao. Cheng Xiao still went to visit Xuan Yi and talked to Xuan Yi every time. 

"Hey, Xiao Yi took her first step today!"

"Xiao Yi  say umma today."

"Xiao Yi didn't let me sleep yesterday night." Cheng Xiao always found new thing to share with Xuan Yi until one day, she saw sitting beside Xuan Yi.

"Hey, don't you think it's tme for you to wake up. You had been missing all of Xiao Yi's first and I don't want you to miss her first birthday, her first Toljabee ( something like the first thing that the baby grab predict baby's future) the day after tomorrow. It's important and everyone is coming. I really want you to be there and celebrate it with us, after all, she is our daughter. So please wake up because if you don't, I don't know I can stay strong until when and I need you to be with me all the way. I'm sorry that I need to go now because I need to prepare for the party but remember, I will always love you." Cheng Xiao said and leaned in to peck on Xuan Yi's lips. Cheng Xiao that left the room, didn't see that Xuan Yi's finger twitched.

Two days later, everyone was gather at a new house in Hangang to celebrate Xiao Yi's first birthday. All of them brought present to give to the birthday girl who was dressed in Chun Li costume for the night.

"Yah! Son Juyeon, I know you are the godmother of the child, but that doesn't mean you need to spend all of your income for this month on the gifts!" Bona pointed to ten gifts that were stacked in mountain as she pulled Eunseo's ear.

"Sorry, babe. But it's Xiao Yi we are talking about. You look into those eyes and tell me you can resist them." Eunseo said and yes, Eunseo and Bona had became an item three months ago. Bona just sighed and shook her head.

"Don't worry, babe. I will spend more on our child in the future~" Eunseo playfully lifted her eyebrows twice as Bona rolled her eyes and walked away. 

"Thank god you are not like that." Soobin said.

"Of course, I am smart in managing our finance." Seola smirked.

"Well, not that smart when Soobin want to buy some stuff." Exy mumbled.

"Yah! Chu Sojung!" Exy quickly ran away, with Seola following behind. 

"Hey, aren't Kyulkyung and Nayoung unnie late?" Luda asked.

"Yeah, it's about time to celebrate Xiao Yi's birthday." Dawon said as Cheng Xiao shrugged. 

"Oh, they are stuck in traffic, yeah, they are definitely stuck in traffic! And they say there's no need to wait for them." Mei Qi appeared and smiled awkwardly. 

"Oh, okay, then I guess we can start then." Cheng Xiao said as she entered the room and carried Xiao Yi from Cheng Chen. 

"You better get here fast!" Mei Q quickly dialled and called a person before cutting it off. Everyone sang birthday song to the mini Chun Li who was clapping and giggling. 

"IT'S FINALLY-"

"TOLJABEE TIME!" Dayoung and Yeonjung shouted at the same time and put several stuff, such as a toy microphonee,sweets, fake money, a gavel, a sthethoscope, a toy gun , a toy laptop, a pair of high heels and a nunchucks.

"Wait, who put this nunchucks?!" Solar shouted and everyone pointed toward Moonbyul who was whistling as she looked elsewhere.

"Yah! Moon Byulyi! Seriously? Nunchucks?"

"Whaaaaatttt? Her father is a martial expert so I think why not?" Moonbyul pouted as everyone laughed.

"And what's with the high heel?" Dawon asked. 

"Well, maybe she can grow tall in the future." Luda said as Dawon laughed.

"Now, Xiao Yi-ah, you climb to umma and grab whatever you like, okay?" Cheng Xiao sat behind the toy after she put Xiao Yi down on the floor, Everyone went silent as they saw a guest that had just came in but Cheng Xiao thought everyone was anticipating. The guest put a finger on her lips and pointed to the babyso everyone turned their attention back. The guest slowly walked behind Cheng Xiao with a cane as Xiao Yi started to crawl.

"Come to umma." Cheng Xiao said.

"Choose the gavel!"Sejeong shouted.

"No, the gun!" Seulgi shouted.

"No, the laptop!" Dawon shouted.

"No, choose the money, kid! You can't live without money!" Yeunjung shouted as she waved the paper money.

"The high heel! You can grow tall!" Luda said.

"No, the nunchucks!"

"Yah, Byul!" Solar pinched Moonbyul's ear. Xiao Yi crawled toward nunchucks and toy gun that was at the left side.

"Yes! The gun!" Seulgi cheered.

"Yes! Yongsun, see, she choose nunchucks!" Byulyi grinned but both of them became silent when Xiao Yi decided to crawl over all the things and to the back of Cheng Xiao, right into someone's arms.

"Xiao Yi-ah, where are y-"

"It seems that the one that Xiao Yi likes is still-" The guest grinned as she carried Xiao Yi.

"X-X-X-Xuan Yi." Cheng Xiao said.

"A-a-appa-" Xiao Yi mumbled.

"Yours one and only. Even our daughter can recognize us, but you can't? I'm sad, did I change that much? I am sure th-" Xuan Yi stopped talking when Cheng Xiao pulled her and crashed their lips together. 

"OKAY! SORRY FOR INTERRUPTING THIS BUT THERE IS A BABY IN BETWEEN OF YOU TWO!" 

"Yah! Son Juyeon!" The couple broke apart and laughed.

"I guess we shall let our daughter to be the main cast before we two continue our story." Xuan Yi said and Cheng Xiao nodded her head. The birthday went on as usual and apparently, Xiao Yi picked everything, except high heel.

"Why? Why you no pick high heel? You don't want height?" Luda kneeled down and asked.

"I don't think she need the heel to be tall. She is going to be tall, seeing how tall her parents are." Exy said as Luda glared at her. After that, everyone went back, not after saying that they would be back to visit Xuan Yi; and Xiao Yi, who was exhausted from the fun tonight decided to sleep early, which was a blessing to her parents. Cheng Xiao helped Xuan Yi to get into their room as Xuan Yi was still using a cane to walk. After that both of them lay on the bed, with Cheng Xiao's head on Xuan Yi's chest.

"I miss you." Xuan Yi said as she sniffed the top of Cheng Xiao's head.

"I miss you too." Cheng Xiao replied as she kissed Xuan Yi's chin.

"I-"

"If you want to apologize, stop. I heard it all in the recording and I also heard all of your explaination so there's no need to explain." Cheng Xiao then pushed and sit up, looking down at Xuan Yi who was smiling and shook her head.

"You always know what I am going to say."

"Of course, I am your wife." Cheng Xiao smiled and pecked Xuan Yi's forehead.

"You still keep the ring?"

"Yeah, because I want to do this." Cheng Xiao took off the ring from her necklace and put it on Xuan Yi's left ring finger but the ring was a bit loose.

"It looks like someone need to gain some fat." Cheng Xiao said as Xuan Yi nodded her head.

"How about Mrs.Wu do the honour of making Ms.Wu gain fat?" 

"My pleasure." Cheng Xiao smiled but then frowned.

"Your left eye is blind." Cheng Xiao said.

"Yeah and I'm sorry for being not perfect." 

"There's no need for you to be perfect because I just want you being you." Cheng Xiao then lay back down and both of them looked at the ceiling as Cheng Xiao slowly play with Xuan Yi's finger. Cheng Xiao suddenly remember something and sat back up.

"What's wrong?"

"You know, I haven't totally forgive you for what you did last time. I mean, you really did hurt my heart." 

"S-so what can I do to make you forgive me?" Xuan Yi was starting to get nervous at Cheng Xiao's answer.

"I want you to stay old with me, until we are as old as granny and ask each other when is Xiao Yi visiting us with our grandchildren. I want you to be with me each and every steps of my life." Cheng Xiao then leaned down and pecked Xuan Yi's lips with some tears staining her cheeks.

"It's that my punishment?" Xuan Yi smiled gently and sat up, as Cheng Xiao nodded her head and buried her face in Xuan Yi's chest.

"Then I am gladly to accept the punishment." Xuan Yi smiled as Cheng Xiao wrapped her arms around her. 

"You can never escape because its for life." Cheng Xiao mumbled.

"I would never ever want to escape." Xuan Yi then slowly lay down and both of them went to dreamland, slowly welcoming their future together.

 

 

 

A/N: SO THAT'S A WRAP.. PHEWWW... Longest one shot i ever wrote, 14k words. Hope you guys like it and please comment and subscribe and upvote. If you guys want any sequel, please do mention in the comment section too. Thanks you all and now back to my other stories~~!!