Fin

he protec, but he also attac
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There weren’t many things that D.O was particularly good at doing.

Singing? Average.

Dancing? Average.

School? Below average.

It was the philosophy of his life that he didn’t have to be particularly good at anything to be content with his life. Eventually the day would come when he’d discover the thing he excelled at.

But that day, he thought to himself as he pressed his lips to his boyfriend’s mouth hungrily, wasn’t going to be today.

The hallways were silent, everyone was in class and he was enough of a bad influence to have managed to talk Jongin into hiding with him in the dark corner under the staircase instead of going to his math class. 40 minutes of making out were definitely better than 40 minutes of listening about the Pythagorean theorem.

“If we get caught,” Jongin’s voice was raspy and a shiver ran up D.O’s spine at the sound. “We’re gonna get sent to detention. Again.” 

“Let's not get caught then.”

“I’m serious,” the tanned boy in his arms pouted ever so lightly. “My mom will lose her if I get sent to detention twice in just one week.”

D.O couldn’t argue with that. He knew Jongin’s mom, alright. She could be scary if she wanted to.

He was about to step back and give Jongin his personal space, when the taller boy grasped his shoulders and pulled him forward again. He didn’t hesitate before he connected their lips in yet another deep kiss, burying his fingers in D.O’s hair.

“So much for worrying about detention.” he managed to let out before they were kissing again and before his own hands were enveloping Jongin’s waist, pulling his body closer to his.

Okay, maybe he had been wrong. There was one thing he was particularly good at doing and it was making Jongin make those little, impatient sounds whenever they were making out.

He was particularly good at working him up, knowing just when to press their bodies together, just when to grind against the other, just how to touch him to have those little, beautiful sounds rip from his lips.

He was way too invested in the feeling of his boyfriend’s lips against his and his thin fingers pulling on his hair to notice anything else. Too preoccupied, in a way, while trying to prevent his from growing.

Down, boy, he chided his mentally, you’ll have plenty of time later to act up.

It always proved to be one of the hardest things to do when his boyfriend was Kim Jongin. When he could feel the other’s toned body against his, when he could hear his little moans, when he could see the way those pretty brown eyes were filled with lust and affection.

“Seriously?”

D.O felt how Jongin’s teeth almost dug into his lower lip in surprise. His boyfriend almost bit him as he pushed him back, trying to act like they hadn’t just been making out under the stairs of their school. 

Maybe he wouldn’t have seemed so suspicious if he hadn’t raised a hand to cover his swollen lips.

Maybe he wouldn’t have seemed to apologetic had he not seen the person looking at them from around the corner.

D.O just breathed out a sigh and raised an eyebrow at the boy in front of them – eyes slightly widened, fingers gripping the textbooks in front of his chest a tad bit too tightly. A pink flush coloring his cheeks.

His twin seemed flustered – just like every time he caught them making out – but not surprised at all. Maybe he was just used to it at this point. It was kind of funny to see the exact replica of his own face twisted in such an expression.

D.O would never be caught looking flustered of all things. Kyungsoo, however, seemed like he was struggling to find the right words to say as his blush only deepened and he gave his brother an exasperated look.

“Even at school?”

“Aren’t you supposed to be in class?” D.O asked instead of answering, raising his eyebrows lightly, as he leaned against the wall.

“Aren’t you supposed to be in class?” Kyungsoo just fired back.

Okay, he didn’t fire back. Kyungsoo was way too kind to raise his voice in any way. His question actually sounded more concerned than anything. The way his eyebrows were raised slightly on his forehead in what seemed like a scared expression only confirmed D.O’s thoughts.

“They’ll call mom if you get sent in detention again...they might even suspend you!” his brother sounded borderline distraught as he was talking and D.O felt a little bit of guilt creeping inside his chest. He watched as his twin brother just blinked way too quickly, eyes shifting from him to Jongin. The blush on his face was still as evident as ever. “Uh…hey, Jongin.”

“…hi, Soo.” The taller male answered and D.O threw a quick glance at his boyfriend, who also seemed a bit flushed. He always was, whenever they got caught. Especially by Kyungsoo.

“We were just about to go.” He ended up saying, for both the sake of his innocent brother and the sake of sparing his boyfriend the embarrassment.

Kyungsoo seemed to relax a little, fingers not digging into the books as he exhaled slowly and nodded. He finally let a smile stretch his lips. D.O just narrowed his eyes at him.

“You didn’t answer my question. Why aren’t you in class?”

“Class president stuff.” Kyungsoo replied, nodding down at the books, as if that was supposed to mean anything to his brother. D.O just nodded, not really caring at all, as he lowered an arm around Jongin’s waist and pulled him closer.

“OK, then….we will go to class now.”

“Yeah, you should.” Kyungsoo nodded solemnly and D.O nodded back.

He vaguely heard Jongin and his twin exchanging quiet goodbyes before Kyungsoo was walking down the hallway with his class president books and him and Jongin headed in the opposite direction.

When he looked to the side, Jongin’s face was still slightly pink from the blush. The prettiest color on the prettiest boy. He winced.

“I really hate it when your brother catches us doing anything even remotely physical.” He whined quietly. “He’s just so….he’s just so Kyungsoo!”

D.O laughed at that. He didn’t know what that was supposed to mean, but at the same time, he knew.

Kyungsoo was Kyungsoo. The very opposite of D.O. Even though they were brothers – twins – they couldn’t have been more different.

He just ended up pulling Jongin closer to himself.

“Are we really going to class?” Jongin asked instead and D.O turned his head around. Kyungsoo wasn’t in the hallway anymore, nowhere in sight. A little smirk bloomed on his lips. He just shook his head. Jongin let out a scoff – or a laugh, D.O wasn’t sure. “Good, because that would have been the worst case of blue balls I would have gotten. Stuck in algebra while thinking about your .”

“How about stuck in a closet while looking at my ?”

“I think I could do more than just look at it.”

D.O couldn’t help but hurry down the hallway with his boyfriend’s promise ringing in his mind.

D.O  was skipping a lot of classes, but he was never skipping school. Yeah, he was slacking quite a lot, but he never really left the premises of the school.

Why?

Because there was this not so little part of him, that always reminded him how gullible his twin brother was. And if there was one thing in this world that he hated more than practical jokes, it was other people poking fun at Kyungsoo who was too naïve and kindhearted to even understand that their intentions weren’t always the friendliest.

D.O supposed the kids were just jealous.

Kyungsoo was a smart boy. He was the class president, his grades were excellent. He was the head of the music club and in charge of most student activities, and he was voted most likely to succeed in life or become the next president or whatever.

Kyungsoo was also, if he dared say so himself, attractive. After all, they had the same face.

He wasn’t attractive like he was, though.

D.O was all pushed up, dyed hair, leather jackets and black skinny jeans. He was all confidence and charisma. Dark looks and smirks.

Kyungsoo was the very opposite of that. He was soft and fluffy hair, pastel colors and big sweaters, cute textbooks and pencils. Heart-shaped, full smiles and shy giggles.

He was attractive in that way that made people want to mess with him, but also get closer to him. He gave off that shy charm that many people digged and that fact always left D.O feeling uneasy whenever he watched the bulky dudes from the football team or the sly dancers from the dance club approaching his little, stupid, innocent brother.

So ever since middle school he had taken it as his own personal assignment to constantly be there and make sure Kyungsoo wouldn’t fall prey to those nasty kids with thoughts far away from anything pure.

He was always there, like a shadow watching over his twin, not really interfering. His dark gaze from the end of the hallway was enough to scare those nasties away.

“If I see Kim Jongdae approaching Soo one more time, I swear I’ll kick his .” He grumbled that day, watching as said boy was walking away from Kyungsoo after sensing D.O’s deadly stare.

Jongin closed his locker and let out a chuckle, leaning against the wall.

“Come on, Jongdae isn’t even that bad. Besides, he’s on the football team. I don’t think you can kick his even if you tried.”

That earned Jongin one of D.O’s infamous glares, that usually weren’t reserved for his boyfriend.

“I heard him last week talking to that other football dude about getting off to some manga where they ed the class president.”

“And you automatically assumed he wanted to Kyungsoo because of some manga he read?”

D.O winced. The words Kyungsoo and just didn’t go well together. He threw a look to the end of the hallway where Kyungsoo was back to happily chatting with the homeroom teacher.

“He is the class president.”

“And you’re way overprotective.” Jongin’s arms wrapped around his neck and D.O found himself easing a little bit at the brush of his boyfriend’s lips against his own. “He’s a grown-up boy. He can protect himself.”

If they had a whole week D.O wouldn’t be able to list all the reasons Jongin was wrong.  

But those lips on his were demanding and he gave in to his boyfriend’s touch, not caring that they were in the middle of the hallway, in the middle of the free period, with all their classmates staring at them.

They weren’t only different fashion-wise and personality-wise.

Him and Kyungsoo were different in every aspect of their lives. Even their rooms.

D.O’s was dark, with a few band posters on the walls, with a guitar in the corner and dark bedsheets. Messy piles of clothes on the floor and with things messily hidden in his desk’s drawers that he hoped his mom would never find. Like some failed assignments, school reports and maybe those two packs of condoms he was keeping stashed for Jongin’s occasional visits during the week when it was just him in the house with Kyungsoo at music club meetings and their parents at work.

Kyungsoo’s room, compared to his, was a very organized space that resembled an office more than a bedroom. Whenever he walked in, the bed was made, there was nothing on the floor. The shelves were always spotless and almost always there was an open book on the desk with coffee in Kyungsoo’s I love you a whole latte designated mug. No trace of any dark colors. That, and his curtains were always drawn, letting the natural sunlight seep in through the window. It was always so bright, that D.O had a hard time adjusting to the place whenever he walked in.

“Can I have your bio notes?” he asked on that Saturday morning, the sleep still not completely gone from his eyes as he strutted into Kyungsoo’s room.

His twin just looked back from his desk where his cheesy mug had already been filled with coffee and a book was already in his hands. The glasses were perched down his nose, as he gave D.O a small smile and hurried to retrieve the notes from his backpack.

“There you go,” his brother gave the notebook to him. “But I need them back before Monday. I promised to give them to-“

D.O raised an eyebrow when Kyungsoo abruptly stopped talking, that familiar pink flush painting his cheeks.

“To?”

“A friend.” Kyungsoo almost squeaked and D.O narrowed his eyes at him.

Suspicious.

Especially so, when his twin brother hid his face and started shoving him back, out of his room.

“You should go-…uh, there’s a lot covered so you have to study. The test won’t be easy.”

“Right.”

Next thing he knew, he had been practically kicked out of Kyungsoo’s room. That was a first.

He narrowed his eyes towards the door, not able to get that flustered expression of his brother out of his mind for a while.

Whatever, he ended up shrugging and dragging his feet back to his own room.

He had to study and he had to study a lot if he didn’t want to fail another test.

His mind vaguely kept pushing him to ask Jongin to study together but he knew better than that.

He really needed to study and he knew no work would be done if he got together with Jongin now.

Maybe tonight.

It was the biggest shock in D.O’s life when he was sitting in their history class and he was practically counting down the seconds until the bell would ring, when the teacher’s voice raised a bit from the monotonous speech she was giving.

“Kyungsoo!” she said sharply. “Are you paying attention?”

D.O was shocked before he even looked to the first row of seats. He saw his brother fiddling with something under his desk, before he lowered his head apologetically.

“I’m sorry Mrs. Park.”

The teacher didn’t seem to mind, instead continued with her monotonous speech about the world wars, while D.O was doubting his ears and eyes.

Had he really just seen Kyungsoo texting? During class, no less?!

He hadn’t been focusing on the lesson before but now he was straight up ignoring the teacher, as he spent the last fifteen minutes of their class observing his brother quietly from behind.

He was fidgety and he was tapping his foot anxiously on the floor and his head was turning to his backpack every few minutes, as if something else was on his mind,  and that was just so not Kyungsoo, that D.O thought he might have been dreaming. Since when did his brother stop paying attention in class?

D.O would have asked him after class, but the moment the bell rang, Kyungsoo was the first one who stood up, phone pressed tightly to his ear as he escaped the classroom.

The sound that came from the locker being smashed closed resounded in the hallway. Jongin looked at him in surprise.

“Something’s wrong with Kyungsoo.”

Jongin peeked over his shoulder, over to where Kyungsoo was with his group of friends from the music club and from the student counsel. Holding his usual stack of books, with his favorite checkered vest and gummy smile.

“He seems fine?”

“Well, he’s not.” D.O frowned. “I’ve been keeping an eye on him during classes these last few days and he is not paying attention to the teachers. I saw him sneakily texting from under the desk. Like…Kyungsoo…texting during class.”

“Wow, really?” D.O was glad he wasn’t the only one shocked by that disturbance. Jongin seemed genuinely surprised as he looked over his shoulder again towards Kyungsoo.  “Who is he texting?”

“I don’t know. I sure as hell hope it’s not Kim Jongdae.”

“It would be funny if it’s him.” D.O glared at Jongin, who only laughed at his look.  “I’m joking!”

“You better be.”

“Seriously, babe…you need to let Kyungsoo breathe.” Jongin said, and D.O sighed out, wrapping his hands around Jongin’s waist and pulling him closer. “Imagine if he was acting like you are. He would have killed me a thousand times by now.”

“It’s different,” D.O said as he leaned forward and pressed a sloppy kiss on Jongin’s neck. “Kyungsoo is Kyungsoo and I’m me.”

“T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter