One.

Hate To Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


There’s a devil in your smile, that’s chasing me

And every time I turn around it’s only gaining speed.

 🖤🖤🖤

Jeon Jungkook.

 

Seokjin bites down the words and gapes at the said boy from the sidelines. The latter is saying something to their math teacher, pointing out all the facts that proves Jin's answer wrong. 

 

Fine, it’s okay for Jin, he’ll approve his mistake, that he is wrong, but as always, Jungkook was being extra, talking as if anyone in the world could get the answer correct and that’s how easy it is.

 

Jin doesn’t answer, he doesn’t even look up to the see the expression on the teacher, instead continues boring holes into the book. 

 

Fine, this time Jin admits that he had got it wrong, maybe he was a little too panicked and was careless, trying to finish it first in the class and got it wrong, or maybe he’s just completely wrong but the way Jungkook explains the question loudly, in the middle of the whole class makes Jin somewhat angry, pissed off.

 

Insert Jungkook, a quiet kid with a low profile, works hard as if his life depends on his grades, well maybe it does, but there’s too much things strange about him. Take for once, Jin thinks the latter is a attractive boy, but then again, more than attractive, to the level of you call handsome. But he doesn’t dress much, sporting a black or white plain t-shirt and a pair of black jeans, his hair cropped short, not too short or long for that matter , but he comes to school without sporting any styles, just his natural hair, falling over his eyes sometimes. The only thing that Jin notices about Jungkook’s fashion sense is the Timberland shoes that he wears some days and except that , he doesn’t seem to put much of an interest to how he looks. But the thing about him, and Jin seems to get a little jealous too, he admits that, the way girls swoon over him as if he is a some kind of a fcking Cinderella, getting all peoples eyes without even trying. Overall, he looks as if the perfect student, the most caring boy and a child a parent long to have. 

 

On the other hand, Jin was  almost the complete opposite, he has made it a life goal to check his appearance on the mirror at least two times before going out, he prefers light coloured clothes to darker ones. He cries watching sad endings, gets all hyped up when the two main characters in a drama ends up happily ever after. That’s how he lives, and he’s got this best friend of his, and he’s happy for the things he got. He has a nice appearance that could give him a second glance and he’s determined to work hard. Though, some people could get great results without even trying, cough Jungkook, cough, he rarely complaints about that, but he does, sometimes. Of course, he has too. 

 

Just as his father told him, he has found what he loves, and he’s going to hold on to that, hoping there would be good results one day. Maybe that’s why he loves math more than the other subjects, and works hard to achieve what he wants. And that means, very hard and he’s even ready to give up on those cliché romantic movies. He thinks solving math problems is way easier compared to solving the problems of human lives. There are numerous times he tried to solve them logically, but love, it’s something he couldn’t just get his grip on. 

 

He doesn’t understand how a person could devote their whole life to another. And he’s just seen enough of people crying over because their other half cheated on them. Of course, Jin doesn’t blame the whole idea of love, but he’s sure he’ll beat the hell out of cheaters if in case he met one. Well, maybe not physically, but he has a wide vocabulary he’s proud of, and a voice to match it. So he’s sure that he’s not gonna tangle in a relationship soon. 

 

The bell rings then, snapping him out of his trance as his hands automatically starts to collect his belongings and toss them into his backpack. 

 

“Jungkook, you worked hard today” their teacher says with a pleasant smile for which Jungkook mirrors quickly. “I’m really pleased with you these days” she says as Jin looks at her then back at Jungkook who looks a little happier but not grinning like he thought he would. Jin would’ve done that, he loved getting complimented. 

 

But for some reason, he’s not angry at the latter, and a part of him was glad to have some one to compete. It’s not something the both of them did out of hate of each other, at least for Jin and he found himself doing more work, determined to be better than the other.

 

Jin gets up with the rest of the students and shuffles near the entrance, and along the process, he looks back. A weird sensation builds up in his stomach when he sees the way Jungkook stares at him as if he’s trying to memorize Jin. 

 

There’s something about Jungkook’s gaze that Jin couldn’t exactly pinpoint, and it scares him a little.

 

But he’s sure as hell that it’s just a look. Because, the great Jungkook doesn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter