Royal Couple

Royals.

"The boss wants to see you." "But you are my boss unnie!" With a confused look on my face I put my pen down and looked up into the worried face of my boss. I worked for the H. One model agency for about half a year and everything was fine till that day. My boss took really good care of me and she and I became friends really quickly. "The boss. Not me." I gulped. "Why?" "I don't know but I wish I could come with you." "I didn't do anything wrong, I promise!" My unnie came around my desk to hug me. "I don't know why he wants to see you but for sure I can say that we can fix everything, yes? Fighting!" I nodded my head and automatically stood up. Before I entered the elevator I looked back again. "Unnie, I'm scared." "We both are. You got this." She slightly pressed my hand and I pressed the button to the penthouse of the building. My heart was beating in my chest and I was going crazy. What does he want from me? Why me of all people? I took a deep breath and fixed the position of my skirt and blouse. Nervously I clacked with my high heels around on the floor. He doesn't normally contact his employees. I have never seen him before. Not many people have ever seen him and there are only a few official photography's of him on the agency's website but my boss told me that he's extremely handsome. But if he's handsome or not: if he yells at me that doesn't matter. I want to keep my job so bad... 

"Pling." The doors of the elevator opened and I was standing in a small lobby. I walked up to the reception where a man with black shiny hair was sitting and smiled at me. "You are Sidney, right? Comme il faut! You came very soon after Mister Chaes call. He will like that for sure. Would you please follow me to his office? And before I forget about it: I'm Minhyuk! Oh. Sorry. Are you okay with me talking to you informally? I have read so much about you and it feels like we know each other for a long time and... yeah!" I was confused but his cute smile made me feel a lot better already. "Hey, yeah! I'm fine with that! Nice to meet you Minhyuk. But why did you read about me and where?" He laughed slightly. "I think you should find out about that on your own." Minhyuk knocked against the heavy wooden door. "Miss Sidney is here to see you know! Can she come in?" "Of course! Let her in!" I think I forgot how to breathe for one moment. Minhyuk opened the door and signed me to go in. "Fighting!" I stepped into the room and I felt my knees becoming even weaker but somehow I made it to the big desk that was entirely made out of glass. I bowed down and he pointed at the chair in front of him and wanted me to sit down. When I looked up the first time I felt blinded. Handsome wasn't the right word for his appearance. But the fact that the he was the best looking person I had ever seen in my life just made me panic even more. His semi-long chestnut colored hair was shining brightly in the sunlight and his custom tailored pinstripe suit was a blessing for my eyes. But the worst thing were his beautiful lips but I was totally afraid what words would come out of these lips now...

"Why did you give these girls a contract?" He threw some personal files in front of me onto the desk. On the inside I wanted to die. "These girls were perfect for the job." "We needed models for a plus size clothing line. Why did you pick these girls then?" "Your plus size isn't my plus size. Plus size models these days in Korea are still size zero models down there in America or France. My job was it to recruit plus size models and that's what I did." "So you don't feel guilty?" "No. I don't feel guilty for doing my job correctly." I looked up into his face. His mimic was strict and he seemed really upset. I took a deep breath. "If you don't like these models I'm sorry Mister Chae but I chose them because they are actual pus size models and I would choose them again." All the strictness fell down from his face and his beautiful lips formed a smile. "So you are really like everyone said..." He leaned back in his chair and my jaw dropped open. "Can I keep my job?" "Of course! I never intended on resigning your contract. I just wanted to know if you keep your opinion on things if you're pressured. And you really do. I heard a lot of good things about you since you joined my company in January and I wanted to make sure that these people are all right with what they said." I was relieved. "To be honest you really stressed me out by saying things like that. But what would have happened to me if you would have been against my decision to recruit these models? You could have fired me. But I still would have felt a lot better than if I would have said sorry for something I am not sorry about. I just want the best for me and the company." "I have something important to talk with you about. Can you come to me later again? For lunch maybe?" "Always at your service Mister Chae." "Great. I will assign someone to pick you up then. It was an honor to meet you Miss. See you later." I bowed down and left the bureau. Wow. That was confusing and intense. "Congratulations! He likes you!" "I am so confused. I thought he wanted to fire me." "He takes you out for lunch, you better be happy! He never does that!" I run with my fingers through my hair. "Aish. I will go back to work then... see you!" I ran back to the elevator and thought about this whole weird situation until I reached my desk again. "Can you stay? Is your job safe?" I looked up. "He invited me for lunch unnie." "I better call the ambulance. He must be sick." "I think I am sick and hallucinating. Please tell me this is a dream." "It isn't a dream and you should be really happy about that cause he never invited me for lunch and he barely talks to me and I work with him for 4 years." I sighed and let my head fall onto my desk. Why?

Minhyuk picked me up from the office 5 minutes ago and now he's driving with me through Seoul. "Do you like sandwiches?" "Of course I do! Who doesn't love sandwiches?" "Models. That's why I'm asking." "I am not a model." "That's hard to believe to be honest." Aww. He is such a smoothie. "So that's the place where he will wait for you. Enjoy your lunch break! I will pick you up later again!" I waved Minhyuk goodbye and jumped out of the car. As far as you can jump in high heels. Carefully I opened the door of the restaurant and saw Mister Chae sitting on a table right next to the window. I bowed down. "Ah, just forget about that. No bowing down in public. Hi! Let me help you get out of your jacket." I was confused as he took off my jacket and made me sit down in front of him. He held out his hand to me. "Nice to meet you Sidney. I'm Hyungwon. No Mister and Misses outside work, yes?" Confused I took his hand and lost myself in his cute smile. "I know you may think that this whole situation is confusing and weird but I heard so much about you and did so much research and watched over your work the past three month that I think that now is the time to get honest with you. But most important: Can I get you something to eat?" "Uhm, sure!" "I recommend the cheese and ham sandwich. I really love eating here but I often have to eat alone so I'm happy that you came around and..." He looked down onto the napkin and smiled. "Can I ask you something personal?" "Huh? Yes of course." "Why did I never see you before?" "I do not communicate with most of my employees at all. I always plan everything but Minhyuk is the joint between me and my employees." "Why that?" "I had some really bad experiences. There was a time when I saw every single of my employees before they started working for the agency but..." "Some of the models are completely dumb and even more arrogant." "Exactly. Some of them tried to seduce me and at the point where I came into my bureau and found a girl sitting in underwear on my desk I was done." "Wait. What? That really happened?" "Yes. Just because I have money... that's really sad. Cause I liked working with my employees at first but it didn't work out at all." "So why did you ask to see me?" "Because you're different. People told me that I should meet you and I was skeptical at first but... I have a special occasion why I need to see you. And I wanted to see if you're the right person for that occasion." Our sandwiches arrived and they looked really, really good. "And? Am I the right person for that occasion?" "I don't doubt that anymore. But now: eat as long as the cheese is hot!" To make it short: The food was perfect. We really enjoyed it and talked about a lot of personal stuff. He was such a lovely person... "I knew that we are the same age but I never thought that we could talk to each other like that." "Why? Because I'm 'a successful person'?" "Yes... you always seem so mature and deadly serious when people talk about you, but in person you're such a caring and funny human." His smile was broad and honest. "Thank you so much..." "But now I'm curious. What is that special occasion?" "A ball." "What ball? Football? Basketball?" "A ball with fancy dresses and dancing." "Oh. And what should I do there?" "Dancing with me and looking good next to me." "You have a model agency and choose me to look good next to you?" "Ah, jebal. I don't want to stand around a whole night with a random model that is stupid and that I do not want to spend time with. And you are goo looking to so don't say stuff like that." "I do not have a dress but I would like to be your companion for that day if you want me to be." "So let's make a deal: When we are back you're going with me to the basement and I will release you to my holy halls and we will pick you a cute outfit and then we're going to that ball in 5 weeks together." I laughed happily. "That sounds perfect!" "But first we are having a desert. I won't leave this restaurant until we get desert." "You're really going all in on the food." "That's because you look happy when you get good food. And that is fun for me! I don't know if you ever had lunch with a model but that's just sad." "Glad that I'm making you happy!"

The whole office became loud all of a sudden. "Oh my god, is that him?" "Is that Mister Chae?" "Who is this gorgeous human being?" I jumped off my chair and turned around, seeing Hyungwon walking through the whole office waving at me. "Hyungwon!" I ran towards him and was greeted by a warm hug. "What did we say? Mister Chae at the office and Hyungwon outside?" I looked down onto the floor in embarrassment. "I'm sorry Mister Chae. I was just too excited that you came to visit me at work..." All eyes were on us. Hyungwon started laughing. "Now you don't have to start calling me Mister Chae. I wasn't mad. I just wanted to tease you a bit. But look! I brought you the flower bracelet. I will have the same flowers on my lapel so we can match with each other." "Aww, that's so cool! Thank you!" He my hair behind my ear and whispered into it. "People are staring at us. You have to leave to get ready in about one hour but I don't think that it would be too bad if would just take you with me right now, right?" He grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the building. Hyungwon started laughing. "They stared at you like they wanted to kill you." "I think they stared at you because you're so handsome." "Maybe they stared at us because they were jealous." We walked down to Hyungwon car and he drove me to my apartment. "Geez. Your apartment is so tiny, I don't like it." "If you would pay me better it would be bigger..." He chuckled and we drank a coffee together. "Are you excited for tonight?" "Yes I am! I think we will have a lot of fun!" "You will look gorgeous in your dress I think... I mean I never saw it on you before but you look good in everything so..." He took my hand and gave me his cutest smile. Would today be the day that he would maybe ask me for a date? Or is this a date? "It's better if I leave now. I think it brings misfortune if I see you in your dress before the actual ball starts." "I'm not your bride. That only counts for wedding dresses." "I could change that. But now: Relax and get ready. I'll pick you up at nine." He gave me a peck onto my cheek and ran out of my apartment. I lay down on the floor and sighed. Aaaah. This man is playing so hard with my feelings. I had not much time to whine because a few seconds later the doorbell rang again and the makeup and hairstylist that Hyungwon hired for me on this special day arrived. "Hey, you must be Sidney! Your boyfriend sent me pictures of your gorgeous dress! I'm here to help you with the rest!" I smiled. She was a nice person. "That's cool, but he isn't my boyfriend." "Not? Is he your fiancé or your husband?" "Neither..." "Believe in me: after I'm done with you he will become your boyfriend, I guarantee that!" I laughed and we started the beauty program. It took us several hours to make my hair stay in place and another hour to make my makeup slay. But my personal highlight was the dress: It was a beautiful pastel blue ball gown with a nice little train and glittery ornaments all over it. "I think we're done. And now I'll leave. And you make sure to get that guy, yes?" She hugged me and left me alone. I put on the flower bracelet and waited for Hyungwon. My heart was beating fast and I couldn't wait to see him anymore. When the doorbell rang I jumped off to open him the door. He was wearing a black suit with even darker ornaments all over it that were matching my dress. Also he wore the matching flowers on his lapel. "Wow... you look..." He took my hand and made me do a pirouette. "You're beautiful." "Just for you." "Okay, princess. Are you ready to make all the other fashion people jealous?" "Yes, my prince."

The ball was big and there were a load of important persons, celebrities and fashion icons. There were many people who wanted to talk to Hyungwon and I just held his hand for several hours and smiled nicely at people. "I don't want to talk to these people anymore. The worst thing is that I have to look into their faces when I talk to them. But I would like it way more to look at you the entire time." I chuckled and he dragged me onto the dance floor. They were playing classical music and because Hyungwon was a man of the world he was a great dancer and I floated with him over the the dancefloor like we were dancing on clouds. "Ahhh. Mister Chae. Nice to meet you here. Who is this beautiful gracefulness by your side?" "No one I would relinquish to you that easily Mister Yoo." With a bittersweet smile Hyungwon said goodbye to him and dragged me outside the big hall into the garden that was part of the opera house where the ball was happening. "Sorry, but I couldn't endure it anymore. They were staring at you like you are some kind of trophy they want to have and that makes me angry." "Really? I didn't see that." "Maybe you were looking at them too and that's why you didn't get that." "No, I actually only had eyes for you all the time. Like the last few weeks and the weeks before that." Hyungwon laughed. "Of course. I just wanted to hear that from you." "That's not nice of you. Playing with my feelings like that." He was about to take off his suit coat and wrap it around my shoulders when he startled. "You feel like I'm playing with your feelings?" "Sometimes... sometimes I feel like I don't know what's going on between us two. I want you so bad but it feels like I can have you..." I looked down onto the floor in embarrassment. Hyungwon pushed my chin upwards so that I had to look into his eyes. "I never wanted to make you feel like that. I want you to know that I am yours. You do not have to share me with someone and you do not have to worry that I don't want you. You are the most gorgeous person that I have ever seen in my life. You're so beautiful on the inside that I cannot put that into words. And I can talk with you about everything and..." He gave up on speaking and gave me a soft kiss. "You are my princess and I am your prince and together we'll rule the world someday, yes?" He hugged me tightly and I started laughing happily. "Chae Hyungwon, I love you so so much!" He kissed my forehead. "I love you even more, trust me."