Can I?

No More Dates - JB

“Dude… I don’t want to date her, I don’t care if she is into me. I have a girlfriend and I want to be loyal to her.” JB’s voice filled your small one bedroom apartment with his stern voice. Perking your head up from your book, your eyes lifted to peer out the opened bedroom door to see him drop his practice bag on the floor before shuffling into the kitchen.

“I know it would just be this once, but just this once is too much.” JB reasoned as he opened the fridge, watching the light absorb on his figure, his hand resting on the top ledge of the door before his head slowly leaned against the back of his hand.

“I don’t want to, I found the perfect girl so why would I date someone else?” JB’s voice soured as he shook his head against his hand, unaware that you were intently listening from the shared bed residing in the bedroom.

“Fine. I’ll ask her but don’t expect it to be a yes.” JB released his grip from the refrigerator before closing the door and heading back to the bedroom empty handed.

On the way, he slipped his phone into his pocket while his heavy footsteps approached the open door. Dropping your eyes and attention back down to your book, you turned another page as he walked into the room.

JB glanced at you with heavy thoughts and an overhanging question pressing down on his shoulders. Lifting his hands gently, he started at the top of his button up shirt and slowly began to work the buttons out of the fabric clasps.

“Hey sweetheart?” JB whispered lovingly, turning around slowly while his hands pulled the cuffs from around his wrists. The fabric fell from his shoulders as your eyes lifted from the book, seeing a graphic t shirt hanging over his toned torso now with his button up in his hand.

“One of my buddies has set me up on a date with one of his friends and he wanted me to ask you if it would be possible for me to go on a single date with her.” JB kept his eyes on yours as you dropped the book slightly hearing his question.

“Do you want to go on the date with her?” You answered him with a question

The solemn shake of his head answered your question before he ran his tongue over his lips, “No, I just want to get them off of my back…”

Hearing his reason, you thought it over a moment. Knowing that your relationship was strong and healthy together, you quickly weighed the options as he hung up the plaid shirt awaiting your answer.

“I don’t mind if you want to do that” You replied, watching him pause he returned the hanger on the rod within the closet before turning around almost in dismay.

“Wait…really?” He stammered in surprise, making sure that he heard you correctly.

“Really, you can go on a date with her” You answered back with a sure nod, showing him that you understand all that is at risk. Yet a risk that you are willing to take.

Sitting on the edge of the bed, he leans over and gently cradles your face in his large palm as he leans in and presses a sweet kiss on your lips.

“What did I do to deserve you” He whispers softly against your pink lips as you just smiled

“Obviously something grand” You answered before pressing your lips against his once more.