Plain vs. Prints

Housemates

Finally! I will have my own spacious flat all by myself.  I have decided that I'd go for an animalistic theme for my new flat. I already imagine putting a zebra print carpet on the living room to match the hounds tooth print throw pillow covers i brought. For my bedroom, cheetah print sheets and drapings. For my bathroom, tiger stripes toilet cover, floor mat, and shower curtain. Viola!

 

Yes, i am addicted to prints. From stripes to polka dots, to plaid, to paisley and my favorite.. animal prints. I'd love to have them on my clothes, sun glasses, bag, shoes, and even with my underwear. Don't get me wrong. I'm straight ok!? It's just that I can't live a life without colours and shapes. Plain is such a bore.

 

My cab stopped in front of a landed apartment fenced with flowers and bushes. The neighborhood is quiet as they all seemed to be stuck in their own little world inside of their houses. That exactly is what I'm going to do as well.

 

I walked towards the entrance and turned the knob. It was open. Did the owner or the agent left it like that? Or what if someone broke in and stole some stuff? To my shock, i was neither of my wild guess.

 

-----

 

Breathe in. Breathe out. From a standing position, I shifted my weight on one foot and lifted the other foot behind. I reached for my ankle and extended it behind as i leaned forward and stretched my free hand. Perfect Lord of the Dance pose. Breathe in. Breathe out. I was so engrossed with my yoga that didn't notice someone opened the door.

 

"Whoa whoa whoa!" the man by the door shouted.

 

I was so surprised that I lost my balance and landed on the floor, face first. Seriously, what does this intruder doing on my first day in my apartment?

 

I pulled myself up and said "Mister, I think you've got the wrong address."

 

The man put down his things and started searching his pockets. He is tall, his built is not bad, and he has a notably appealing face. He can pass as a runway model if not for his fashion sense. I wish I could take off those matching plaid pants and coat and dump it to hell where it belongs.

 

"Oh here. This is 65 Woodlands Avenue, right? Then, you are the one who might be in the wrong address."

 

My eyes could not believe what I saw for the next few seconds. That plaid guy stepped on my newly polished floor and comfortably sat on my white couch.

 

I quickly rushed to my bedroom and took the tenancy aggreement to prove him wrong. 65 woodlands avenue. Sh*t! I called the real estate agent in front of the plaid guy. I'm sure this is just a big misunderstanding.

 

"Hi Sunny! I think there's a mistake here. There's this guy who came here unannounced and was claiming that this is his flat and not mine. Ow.. What!? No way! Then you'll have to find me a new flat! What! No way! I guess i have no choice then."

 

I could only sigh in disappointment and disbelief. Leaving the apartment and breaking the tenancy agreement means i have to pay a fine - a lumpsome of money in which I don't know where to get. Wait! Leave? Why should I be the one to leave?

 

"So what did our agent said?"

 

I forced a smile and answered, "We have no choice but to share this flat."

 

-----

 

I didn't bother to finish the entire yoga routine that I should do every Saturday. I just hit the shower and locked myself in the room afterwards. I can't take seeing the face of the man who ruined my plans of living in tranquility. How dare him!? How about my plan of turning the empty bedroom into my personal gym? Now where shall I put the equipment I bought?

 

From my bedroom, I can hear him shifting furniture here and there. I hope he doesn't break or put any spot on my things. Relax Yuri ah. You wouldn't want to have wrinkles because of that unworthy guy, do you? Fine fine fine. Tolerate him and just pretend he doesnt exist.

 

After half a day, i can no longer hold my bladder. I have to eat lunch and use the common bathroom.

 

-----

 

"Aaaahhhhh!" I heard an ear- splittling shreik from the second storey. She must have been overly-delighted with the tiger stripes.

 

After a while, I heard angry foot steps on the stairs heading towards the kitchen where i'm  peacefully having my lunch.

 

"Excuse me. Who gave you the permission to redecorate the bathroom?"

 

"Aigoo.. You're welcome. A simple thank you would do."

 

"Thank you!? I'm not a bit grateful, you know? How dare you break this house's black and white contemporary interior?"

 

"House? You call this a house? The bathroom looked like a morgue! The living room used to look like an office! I bet your room looks like a ward in a mental asylum!"

 

"There's nothing wrong with white! It looks clean and clean is healthy!"

 

Pfffft. This woman. She looks so irrated that the only thing missing is her cauldron and cape then she would pass as an evil stepmother already. I believe silent treatment is the best solution to her ranting so I happily continue to dig in my sausage and fries. Ignoring her worked. After a while she was storming her way out of the kitchen.

 

"Just to give you a heads up, I also rearrange the living room," I yelled.

 

"Aaaahhhhh!" I grinned as she gave out another glass-breaking scream.

 

She must have liked the zebra prints. At least it has white on it.

 

"Yah! This is a house and not a zoo! You're prints are killing me. Waaaah!" and she was out.

 

Gee. I've never seen someone so amusing when pissed. I guess i have to keep up the good work.

-----

Yunho had no idea that he has just declared a battle that he will soon wish he never started.