final

Crippled Without You

From: Jongin
To: MySoo ❤️
Shall I call? I'm too lazy to text!

From: Kyungsoo
To: MyNini😘
I would like to, but I'm in the office. You know we cannot answer calls in the middle of work. I'm even in a meeting! I'll get in trouble for this!

From: Jongin
To: MySoo ❤️
Then I'll call you later! Ttyl babe. 😘

Jongin hadn't heard his phone buzz that day. He really wanted to talk to his boyfriend, Kyungsoo, but he knows how Kyungsoo never wanted any personal matter to mix in with his work especially during office hours. Jongin shook his head lightly, a small smile showing. He will get to talk to Kyungsoo later anyway.

On the other hand, Kyungsoo was getting frustrated with himself. He really did not want any personal matters to affect his work. But he really cannot get Jongin out of his mind. He thinks he's obssessed. And it's a bad thing. But he just settled with his self-explanation that he misses Jongin dearly. It was another year, but he hasn't seen his boyfriend since November of last year. Kyungsoo couldn't wait to go home that day.

The moment the clock 4PM, Jongin and Kyungsoo, on totally different cities, got off from work. Kyungsoo opened his phone, while Jongin dialed Kyungsoo. It was ringing, but he wasn't answering.

When Kyungsoo got home, he checked his phone and found three missed calls from Jongin. He left the phone on his kitchen counter and waited for the other's call again.

It never came.

The next day, Kyungsoo waited again for another call on the same time. There were five missed calls that day after he went home. When he waited for the call again, it never came as well. Jongin never texted from that day onwards. The day came when Kyungsoo had to go to Jongin's city for business. His counterpart from that city took him to a bar. There he saw Jongin downing glasses of beer.

"Jongin-" Kyungsoo was cut off by Jongin.

"Oh! You look like my boyfriend! Or ex-boyfriend, I don't know anymore," Jongin said. Kyungsoo's eyes sullen. Why would Jongin ever think that they have broken up? It was like Jongin heard what he said, the younger spoke.

"He wasn't taking my calls. He should just tell me to get the hell out of his life. To just break up. I really hate complications. I really hate vagueness," Jongin said. Kyungsoo saddened. 

He took Jongin home to his apartment. He called his office on the other city that he won't be able to show up there the next day. Good thing, tomorrow's a Friday. He pressed a wet towel over Jongin's face. He also changed his clothes before he slept beside him.

"Kyungsoo?" Kyungsoo woke up with the sound of Jongin's voice. It was the best morning he woke up to ever since November of last year.

"You're awake!" Kyungsoo smiled and greeted Jongin a good morning. Jongin, who was still confused why Kyungsoo was sleeping beside him, asked him what he was doing there in his city.

"I was here for a business trip. My partner from this city has brought me to the bar yesterday, and I saw you there. How dare you tell people that we have broken up? When did I tell you that?" Kyungsoo playfully punched Jongin in the stomach.

"I thought you didn't like me anymore! You weren't answering my calls! I told you we'll talk after office hours, but you didn't pick up when I called," Jongin's voice wavered. He didn't really like complications. It makes him want to cry.

"I wasn't taking your calls because I don't want to run to you on work nights. I didn't want to hear your voice because I don't want to miss you too much. I didn't want to hear your thoughts because I can't just leave the city and stay with you. Or maybe I can," Kyungsoo explained. He got on the phone and talked to his counterpart in the city. He came back on Jongin's bed feeling very happy with the outcome of the call.

"Is your business trip here over?" Jongin asked.

"Are you asking me to get the hell out of here?" Kyungsoo asked, hiding his smile. Jongin panicked and shook his hands, signing a no.

"I know, I know," Kyungsoo laughed.

"It was over since yesterday. However, there's this boy that I need to take care of this weekend," Kyungsoo said and ruffled Jongin's hair. Jongin pouted and shouted that he's not a boy anymore. Kyungsoo just smiled and asked Jongin what he wanted for breakfast. Kyungsoo cooked pancakes.

"I don't really understand," Jongin started.

"I told you I'm going to miss you kore when I hear your voice you know," Kyungsoo said.

"That's not it! I don't understand how your pancakes tastes better than any pancake I have ever tasted in my whole life," Jongin smiled childishly at Kyungsoo. 

"Then be prepared to taste it for the rest of your life. I just closed a deal. The biggest deal I've ever made," Kyungsoo proudly said. Jongin waited for the next statements.

"I'm living with you from now on Jonginnie," Kyungsoo added. Jongin choked on his pancakes.

"Are you crazy? Will you live transporting to and fro your city for like...I don't know, five hours a day?!" Jongin shouted. Kyungsoo shook his head.

"I'm going to be transferred here in your city Jongin!"

"Oh, I got to be prepared for a lifetime of pancakes, then," Jongin grinned.