chapter 1

Sweetness from Disaster

I received a wedding invitation from my childhood friend. He and I were really close until high school. I had feelings for him that time but wasn’t able to tell him because I don’t want to ruin our friendship. We went to different college and never seen each other again since then.

I arrived at the venue. It’s an afternoon wedding. I tried to look for him, he really seems happy today. After the ceremony, I went to him to personally congratulated him.

“Congratulations, Eric.”

“Jennie-ah, I’m glad you made it here,” He hugged me.

“Yes, the last time we saw each other was during our high school graduation. And now, you’re married. I’m so happy for you.”

We continued our conversation. Then suddenly we heard a noise of broken glass.
“Oops! Sorry, I slipped here…” A girl from one of the tables said laughing. She’s drunk.

Eric grabbed me to the side.
“Jennie, can you do me a favor?” He asked in a low voice.

“What is it?”

“See that girl over there?” He’s pointed to the direction of that drunk girl. “Please bring her home safe for me.”

“W-Why would I do that?”

“Since I’m already married man, I can’t possibly help her now. She’s a very important friend to me.”

“Eric… is there something you’re not telling me?” I looked at him suspiciously.

“Okay! S-She’s my ex and… I owe her big time. Look, I really care for her so please, Jennie?”

His ex… I thought his wife was the only girlfriend he had. “Fine, I’ll do it.” I finally agreed. “But I don’t even know her address.”

He searched for a pen and wrote something down. Then, he handed me a piece of paper.
“Here’s her home address. Thank you, Jennie! Please take care of her for me!” Then he left me.

So I went to that girl. She’s taller than me, maybe under 170 cm. She has cheeky cheeks like a chipmunk, hehe. I clear my throat for she looked me weirdly. “I know you don’t know who I am, but the groom personally requested me to bring you home. So, come with me.” I said, not letting her speak. I dragged her to my car and started to drive.

“So, driver-ssi, what’s your name?” It’s the first words she said to me. Her voice sound so soft and y maybe alcohol’s effect.

“First of all, I’m not your driver. Second, I don’t talk to drunk people.” I answered.

“But you just talked to me earlier… miss Driver,”

Miss Driver?! She really got my nerve. I didn’t say anything.

“A stranger is sending me to my home, and yet I don’t even know her name! It’s scary…”

“Fine. It’s Kim Jennie.”

“Jennie…” She repeated my first name. After that, she didn’t talk again.

We arrived to her apartment. There’s Park written on her front door. I got her keys and opened the door. Her place is bigger than mine.

“Where’s your room?” I asked while I’m still supporting her. She pointed me the direction to her room.

I put her on her bed. God, she’s heavy than how she looked. Before I turn away, she suddenly flew her arms around my neck, grabbed me back and kissed me on my lips!

What the… this drunk girl stole my first kiss!

I tried to pull away from her but she’s strong. She got on top of me and pinned me on her bed. She was staring long at me, like she knows me. Her face was so close, I can smell her breathing. I never imagined I can find a girl’s face this y. Then she put her lips on mine again. This time much deeper, demanding for an entrance. I can taste the alcohol in . I felt like I’m also getting drunk because of that sweet taste. I can’t move or resist. She’s still kissing me, down to my neck and collarbone. And then she stopped.

She fell asleep. I immediately got up. I had mixed emotions. It’s not that I’m disappointed or something… Wait… Am I? What am I thinking? She’s a girl! A drunk girl!

I took a deep sigh and looked at her again. How come Eric had a girlfriend like her? How can they break up? She’s super gorgeous… Wait! What am I thinking?!

I promised to take care after her. So, I stayed and waited for her to wake up.

“My head hurts. What happened?” She asked. I guess she doesn’t remember anything.

“You’re drunk at Eric’s wedding. I’m his friend, he told me to bring you home.”

I gave her a cup of coffee.

“And now that you’re awake, I believe you can already take care of yourself. But, may I use your bathroom first before I leave?”

She nodded and pointed at the bathroom at the side.

I washed myself and noticed a kiss mark on my collarbone. Damn that girl, she doesn’t even remember what she did to me.

I came back, she’s sitting on the side of her bed while drink the coffee I made.
“He told me you’re his ex.” I spoke to her again. “Are you sad that’s why you drank too much? You know, you should happy for him.”

“It’s not totally because of him. It’s already been few years ago since he broke with me. He told me he only liked me because I resembled him with his first love. I mean because of the place where I was born. How ridiculous is that?” She chuckled.

“Where’d you born?”

She glanced at me, “… New Zealand”

“New Zealand?... It’s my place… “ I shocked, is it…. No no no, “nevermind, I’m Jennie, Kim Jennie” I approached her, outreached my hand. “Actually, I’ve told you my name but in case you don’t remember.”

She smiled and reached my hand. “Rose, Roseanne Park.”

 

to be continue