Final

Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The door slammed shut and Taeyong was left alone, crying with his broken heart.

Taeyong doesn't know when exactly everything started falling apart. The apartment they shared that was once filled with warmth and love has now turned cold and dark. The bed that has witnessed every passion and desire has been left unoccupied. Jaehyun hasn't come home for days and Taeyong just doesn't have the strength to enter their room.

This wasn't supposed to happen. In the five years they've been together, Taeyong never imagined that this day would come. They've come a long way from that old college couple they used to be, sneaking in each other's dorms and having dates in the library. They got their own place now, the only thing missing is a ring around his finger and everything would be perfect. But he guess it's something he'll never have and something Jaehyun can never give.

Is it wrong for him to hope for a future for them both? Is it wrong for him to ask the younger an assurance that one day, one day they would take their relationship a step further? It's not like he's asking them to do it now, he just needs to know that Jaehyun actually has plans for them, but right now it seems like the younger doesn't.

They're growing old and their lives are moving forward. Everything is moving forward, except for their relationship that has been stagnant for a while now.

Taeyong wants to spend his life with someone he can call his husband. He wants to be able to say his vow to someone. He wants to know someone would stay for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, til death do they part. He wants to wake up beside a person he knows is his and his alone. To have someone he can share a last name with and he wants to do all those with Jaehyun.

But Jaehyun doesn't believe in marriage. Jaehyun who he's been with his whole life doesn't see the point in them getting married. "Why do we even need to get married?" he remembers the younger asking him that night they had a fight. "We've been living together under the same roof, we do everything that married couples do, what difference is there?"

To say Taeyong wasn't hurt by the other's words would be a lie.

Honestly, Taeyong doesn't even know why he's staying with Jaehyun. It's not just about what the future holds for them, it's also about the drastic change in their relationship that has been obvious for months now. But the rift he's been trying to ignore can no longer be disregarded. By now he doesn't remember the last time he and Jaehyun ate a meal together. The last time they kissed, the last time they spoke, even the last time they touched he can't recall them all.

He and Jaehyun have different wants and have different priorities. It seems like they've finally reached the end of their path together, that it's now time to take separate ones.

So with tears in his eyes, Taeyong wrote his goodbye. He knows he's being a coward by leaving a letter but he knows he won't be able to do it face to face. He would break down in front of the younger and he'd rather not that happen.

The apartment is a witness to the love they once shared. It has a lot of beautiful memories of him and Jaehyun that Taeyong would treasure forever.

He remembers the day Jaehyun asked him to move in. It's only been a year but it feels like a lifetime ago...

 

Taeyong decided to spend the weekend at Jaehyun's like he normally do. They were cuddling with the tv on in front of them. None was paying attention to whatever show was on for they were busy focusing on each other's lips and each other's taste. Taeyong was sitting on Jaehyun's lap, straddling his legs. The younger's hands were tightly gripping his waist while his arms were locked around Jaehyun's neck.

"Move in with me," Jaehyun casually says. Taeyong pushes him a bit, he was caught off guard.

"What?"

"I'm j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter