Chapter One - Prologue

Life, Unexpected

She stared at him in surprise. She could not believe it was happening.

She had wondered why he had asked her to come to such a nice restaurant with him and why they were in such a secluded area, hidden away from everyone else. It was definitely an expensive restaurant, both in look and prices. It was dimly lit with round tables all around. Beautiful flowers in the center of each table, though she could not help but notice that there appeared to be more flowers on their table than the others. She did not question it though, she had figured he had wanted it to be a special night.

What she did not anticipate was exactly how special.

She felt weird being all dressed up, it was not something she was used to – unless it was for an event she was attending by herself or with her fellow f(x) members.

Yet here she was, sitting on her seat, eyes wide and looking at the ring he had just presented her with.

When she first laid eyes on him, she was immediately attracted. He was indeed very handsome and almost every female in the vicinity was looking over at him, whispering to their friends about how handsome he was. She was taken by his features: soft doe-like eyes, tall, and very clean-cut. She would not have expected less from a businessman. There were so many other girls there, she felt he must have certainly been attracted to some of them. Never did she think anything would become after their first, brief meeting. She never anticipated that he would seek her out. She never anticipated she would be in this position with him

Yet, there he was, on one knee, smiling up at her with the deepest look of love in his eyes. Anticipating her answer.

He was the last person she saw herself ending up with. Polite and just the perfect gentleman, as well as a businessman who travels to various other countries. Never. She was awkward, silly, a tomboy, and a popular female idol known for her singing and rapping skills – as well as her tattoos. She always believed she would end up with someone from back in her hometown or an idol, never a businessman.

Both had been born and raised in California and moved to Korea in hopes of fulfilling their dreams. Yet they had found each other. All her friends liked him, her parents loved him and vice versa. Despite their outside differences, they were very much alike in almost every way.

When the news first broke that she was dating him, the fans had appeared upset. As the fans saw how she and him interacted with each other, and how he would frequently appear at events where f(x) was performing and be friendly with fans and even join in on their fan projects, the fans grew to love him as well.

But not as much as she did, of course.

He cleared his throat, bringing Amber out of her thoughts.

“So, Amber,” he said slowly, a slightly worried look appearing on his face. She noticed his hands were shaking, she felt slightly guilty for leaving him anticipating an answer for so long.

“Will you marry me?” he asked again, looking at her with those same loved filled eyes.

Amber giggled and held her hand out. “Of course. Of course I’ll marry you, David.”

He smiled so wide that Amber could not help but do the same. He stood up and excitedly took the ring out of its box. As he slid the finger on her ring, the feeling of excitement began to overtake her body.

As he leaned down and their lips met, only one thought crossed her mind: how she could not wait to spend the rest of her life with him.

But sometimes, things change…