Final

Replace my heartaches and pain (With smiles, winks and champagne)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They say that people mostly drink to forget, that alcohol is the best cure to broken hearts and the best company to lone souls. But as Aerin made her way to the bar, dressed in a black tight short dress and killer heels, she promised herself that she was only going for a nice drink and to have fun. She wasn't a girl to dwell too much in sorrows, especially because of an who didn't deserve her.

But as the girl downed her fifth shot she felt her demeanor crumbling. Feeling the loneliness creep at her and twist her insides. She was tired of pretending that she was fine being alone, that she wasn't hurt by her cheating boyfriend nor her unsupportive friends.

Aerin felt tears of frustration wetting her cheeks. She grunted, rubbing her eyes forcefully, before ordering more shots, and grimacing at the sympathetic smile the bartender threw her.

After downing more shots Aerin started feeling less miserable and just generally bitter. But at least now she had the tendency to smile back at the bartender who seemed to wear a grin the whole time. -Except when he was making kissy faces at the grumpy waiter, the latter would flip him off when no one seemed to be looking.-

 

 

 


Hours seemed to pass, and Aerin was still in the same spot, swirling her straw on the cocktail drink she just ordered, glad that she was able to hold her drink pretty well. -Now that she had no one to look after her.-

Unexpectedly the whole place's lights started dimming, and for a split second Aerin thought she was going to black out, but then she noticed that there was a mini stage at the corner, and that the lights around it were still bright and shinning.

Aerin squinted her eyes as a figure appeared on the stage. The person, presumably a man, took a place on the black piano, adjusting the mic before cracking his knuckles and starting to play.

Closing her eyes, the girl swayed with the soft tunes of the piano. But then an angelic voice started singing along the melody. Aerin's eyes snapped open, looking for the source of the voice, until her eyes fell on the man playing the piano. The girl couldn't make out his features clearly, but it was obvious that he was good looking, sharp jawline, jet black hair and closed eyes, as he poured his emotions to the lyrics.

Aerin closed her eyes again, feeling a chill running down her spine, as she let the man's low, soft and alluring voice take complete control over her.

 

 

 

"Impressive, right?" A voice asked, bringing the girl back to reality and breaking the spell that she seemed to be under. Aerin opened her eyes in shock, not realizing that the song had ended and that the lights were on again and even brighter now.

The girl threw a look back at the stage, disappointed to find it empty. Before looking back at the bartender."Yeah."

"We got lucky with our singer." The man declared proudly, before smiling cheekily. "He'll be back soon with more songs, if you were wondering."

 

 


And as promised, the man walked on the same stage again, and Aerin was finally able to take a good look at him, as they didn't dim the lights this time. He wore a black plain tee, black leather pants and a red leather jacket. And he looked younger than the girl had expected, and also way more attractive.

The man threw the clients a devious smirk, as a waiter handed him a mic. And with that the song started, more upbeat and energized than the first one, some people started dancing along, even the bartender joined, dancing to his heart contents. And Aerin was surprised with the change of genre, not like she was complaining, as it looked like the man was able to pull off every and any genre he pleased.

But as Aerin stayed for around five more songs, she had to admit that no other song had effected her as the first.

 

 

 

 

 

Aerin had been visiting the bar more and more, hoping to get to hear that soft voice again, but it was to her luck that whenever she got there the man would be already be on his second or third song, jumping around the stage and yelling excitedly into the mic.

But that didn't stop the girl from having a good time, drinking one of her favorite cocktails, -apparently that bartender wasn't good at smiling and talking only-, and now following everyone's lead and occasionally joining their enthusiastic dancing. And soon she found herself enjoying these loud upbeat songs as much.

It was only on her seventh visit, -in the span of two weeks, the workers had started seeing her as a regular-, that Aerin got to hear that voice again. It was a different song, but the effect that the man's angelic deep voice had on her wasn't any different. And the girl could have sworen that at some point of the song the singer had looked at her, maybe even sent her a wink, but the girl wasn't quite sure if she was just being delusional.

The song soon ended, to Aerin's chagrin. The bartender approached her as soon as the man disappeared from the stage, -not for too long, Aerin hoped.-

Instead of striking a conversation like he usually does, the bartender placed a bright blue colored drink in front of Aerin. "On the house."

"Huh? Why?" The girl questioned, staring skeptically at the glass.

The bartender shrugged, wearing a smirk like
he knew something the girl didn't. "I am Hosoek by the way." He finally said, pointing to his name tag. "If you didn't already know."

"Ah." Aerin mumbled, as she actually didn't know, even though the man was always wearing the tag. "Aerin." She added quietly.

"Pretty name." Hosoek complimented, smiling widely and Aerin couldn't help but compare him to a happy horse. She grinned back.

 

 

 


Aerin's visits to the bar got more frequent, especially since she had nothing to do and no one to be with. Plus Hoseok was a good company, -and the girl never needed company more than at that time in her life.-The man always had something to say and the girl could feel his happy mood rubbing on her.

"Suga," Hoseok muttered with a meschivious smirk, pointing at the waiter Aerin had been reffering to as grumpy face this whole time. "He's such a cutie." Hoseok added, squealing.

Aerin gave the man a doubtful look. "Are you sure we are looking at the same person?"

"Yeah." Hoseok yelled. "He's so adorable. So sweet under all that fake swag or whatever he calls it. He's a marshmallow inside. Sweet sweet suga. Oh my god, just look at him."

The girl turned around just to see the waiter speed walking to them, looking like a fuming puppy with his blond hair. He smacked Hoseok with the metal tray he had in his hand a soon as he got to him.

"Owi." Hoseok whined childishly, rubbing his head. "Hyung! Why would you do that?"

"I could feel you talking about me from all the way there," The blond man said accusingly, before turning to Aerin. "Hi, I am sorry for my not-really-friend, I am sure he chattered your ear off."

"Did not." Hoseok pouted.

"Whatever." The waiter spat.

Aerin grinned. "He didn't, I enjoy his chatter." The girl remarked, making the bartender smirk. "You don't have to worry, su..ga?"

The waiter groaned, before smacking Hoseok again. "My name is yoongi. Y O O N G I. Please don't listen to this horse." Aerin chuckled at that.

"You know how I feel. Why would you say that?" Hoseok cried, making a horrible screech in an attempt to fake sob.

"Oh god. I'll just leave." Yoongi said, walking two steps ahead before backtracking. "And excuse me." He called out to Aerin. "I am not a marshmallow or whatever he told you, and I do have swag. Don't believe the lies he tries to feed you."

Aerin giggled, nodding at Yoongi before he padded away from the two. "You were right." Aerin stated. "He is adorable."

 

 

 

 

 

"Jungkook."

"Jungkook?"

"Jungkook."

Jungkook; such a beautiful name. Suits the man with the angelic voice just right. Aerin glanced at the stage, watching as Jungkook talked to Yoongi, a small frown gracing his face. From what the girl got from Hoseok, Jungkook produced most of the songs he sang, Yoongi and even Hoseok helping out sometimes. It seemed that the man also had a great liking to soft songs, Aerin had grinned so widely hearing that from Hoseok, but apparently Yoongi only let the younger boy preform one of the said songs per night, claiming that he didn't want to deal with emotional drunk costumers. And to that Aerin had to agree, because Jungkook's songs did play with her emotions one too many times.

Aerin sighed, following Jungkook with her eyes as he went down the stage and disappeared behind a door. The girl couldn't stop noticing how Jungkook always stared at her, sometimes he would wink, other times he would smirk and on rare times he would grin childishly. And she really didn't want to get her hopes up, but her heart wasn't having it, skipping at even the smallest glances the man threw her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Do you want to meet Jungkook?" Hoseok asked suddenly one night and Aerin almost choked on her drink.

"Wha-what?"

"You should meet Jungkook." Hoseok declared instead, looking at the girl expectedly.

"W-why?" Aerin cursed herself for stuttering, but Hoseok demand was a bit out of place and Aerin wasn't sure how to respond. Hell she wasn't even sure if she wanted to meet Jungkook. What if he wasn't as perfect as he looks to be? what if he was an who was just gifted with a beautiful voice? Aerin knew she was being ridiculous but she couldn't help it. The man seemed to be too good to be real

"Because you seem to be interested in him. At least to some point. Plus he's really cool and a close friend of mine. I am sure you'll get along pretty well."

Aerin pursed her lips. "I don't know. Maybe some other day, I am too tipsy for that right now."

"You look like you're giving her a headache." Yoongi who had just taken place beside Aerin said.

"I am not." Hoseok yelled in defence. "I just told her that I need to introduce her to Jungkook."

A look of comprehension fell on Yoongi's face, he smiled a little. Standing from his place and patting Aerin's back. "Yeah, listen to Hoseok on this one."

Aerin stared at Yoongi's disappearing back with confused eyes before turning to Hoseok, the latter was smiling at her hopefully. The girl just shook her head, paying and leaving for the nig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter