001

COUNTERBLOW
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

           You groan in discomfort as you feel a piercing ray of light hit your eyelids. The insides of your stomach churn as you slowly open your eyes. The faint murmuring around you did not help much. Unable to take the heaving content in your esophagus, you lunge for one of the paper bags sitting beside you and throw up all your lunch contents into it.

 

           “Oh my god, Ariel!” You continue to vomit into the bag, while your friend your back in concern. Whimpering in pain, you lift your head from the opening of the brown paper bag and look up. You are in the school’s hospital wing, sitting on one of the white beds with a thin blue blanket over you.

 

           “What happened?” You hold your head in pain, it feels as if your skull is going to fall apart within seconds. “You don’t remember?” Jennie freaks out and clasp her hands around your cheeks. You shake your head lightly but stop immediately because of the dizziness.

 

           “Your head got whacked by one of the boys when we were playing handball. You just fell and passed out after that! I thought you were going to die!” She pops up and starts examining the crown of your head in case some blood clot magically appears between your hairline.

 

           “I’m fine,” you cough and place the paper bag on one of the chairs beside your bed. “Whose bag is that?” A black backpack is sitting beside the paper bag you grabbed. It belongs to neither of you. You frown at the bag which obviously belonged to a male while Jennie proceeds to examining your ears.

 

 

           “Jungkook.” You frown, “Jungkook? Jungkook who?” The only Jungkook you know is…

 

           The door flew open and a boy came in with his PE attire swung over his left shoulder. He has jet black hair combed neatly to reveal his forehead and emphasize his still brown eyes which fell on you. All you do is blink stupidly.

 

           “What if you have internal bleeding?” Jennie shoves her head in front of your face, breaking the awkward stare between you and Jungkook. “No, she doesn’t. It didn’t even hit her that hard.” Jungkook walks towards your bed obnoxiously with pronounced indifference.

 

           “Why are you here?” Your eyes follow him closely. “Oh, he was the one who almost killed you.” Jennie reminds.

 

           “Instead of blaming others, I think you should be worried about that feeble body of yours.” He stuffs his PE attire and running shoes into a brown paper bag at the corner of your bed.

 

           “Wait- no!”

 

 

“I told you I was sorry okay?”

“Why will you leave your puke around? My shoes were new.”

“Then don’t leave your things around. Same thing. So shut up now."

“You are going to pay me back, I don’t care.”

“Excuse you, my head has this p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter